BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

Just now, DE. said:

Coyle should never have been supported by the fanbase IMV, for numerous reasons. I said that at the time and still very much believe it - however, most of the ire should have been directed towards Venky's rather than the man himself.

It's catch 22, we all know the big issue is ownership and structure. Tony's results, for me at least, show that a good manager does have the propensity to make a difference.

15 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Appointing Coyle was suicidal. A blind man on a galloping horse could see that. Give him a chance ? He'd had his chances at Bolton, Wigan and whatever club he managed in the US !

As usual, the fans were not told the truth about this strange  and ultimately devastating appointment. This type of thing, will not change whilst Venkys are here and it has come to the critical point now in my view. We either get rid of them somehow, or I fear we will no longer have a club.

27 minutes ago, Biz said:

Don't blame me if... jesus wept.!!

There are no fans who are to blame. Wasn't I reading you cut a poster down earlier for 2 sentences in 2/300 words that you could wait to "quaff" at? For saying the exact thing, the NAPM are not to blame, no fan is to blame, no fans should feel "vindicated" for "giving Coyle a chance when they had no choice".

Let's not do this today.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, onlyonejackwalker said:

Lost it against Burton, Preston and Barnsley? 46 game season and we lost it all under Mowbray in those three matches? Two of which we drew. No mention of the countless defeats earlier in the year. Great argument Stu, couldn't agree less!

Huh? You realise we went down on goal difference, right? You understand context, right? The Preston result in particular was devastating.

Mowbray could have saved us, despite needing snookers - maybe should have. By the same token, Zola should have relegated Birmingham but Redknapp saved them in three games.

Just now, Stuart said:

Huh? You realise we went down on goal difference, right? You understand context, right? The Preston result in particular was devastating.

Mowbray could have saved us, despite needing snookers - maybe should have. By the same token, Zola should have relegated Birmingham but Redknapp saved them in three games.

Mowbray did a great job after the mess coyle had gotten us in. Yes, he made some mistakes, but that was always going to happen. It just seemed like when we pulled off a result that would get us out if things, another team had an off day and lost games they would have expected to win against our rivals. Can't fault Mowbray. Another couple of games and we would have been safe. 

• Like 2

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Mowbray did a great job after the mess coyle had gotten us in. Yes, he made some mistakes, but that was always going to happen. It just seemed like when we pulled off a result that would get us out if things, another team had an off day and lost games they would have expected to win against our rivals. Can't fault Mowbray. Another couple of games and we would have been safe. 

definatly, I think 5 more games we would be well clear. TM did well to give us a bit of hope, under Coil we would have been down about the same time as Rotherham.

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't blame Mowbray. He tried but in the end it was fine margins and he couldn't turn it around. I have to go back to when he was first appointed though and say that this was my big worry - that he wouldn't be what we need. To be fair, he exceeded my expectations and although he might have done better and just finished above Burton. That equaliser by them kept them up at our expense for instance.

We deserve to go down for all the reasons we all know about.

Thay expression in bold though, I wouldn't use that again. One, we almost certainly wouldn't and, two, I'm fairly sure Kean used the exact same excuse.

Mowbray has been a breath of fresh air. His record isn't bad either. Given he inherited a squad and had no transfer window, I actually think he performed a minor miracle. I am pretty devastated at the minute and find it hard to see the wood for the trees. Deep down I hope we keep him and give him a chance to bring us back. He has performed, despite Venky's, not because of them helping him to.

• Like 3

Just now, Stuart said:

I don't blame Mowbray. He tried but in the end it was fine margins and he couldn't turn it around. I have to go back to when he was first appointed though and say that this was my big worry - that he wouldn't be what we need. To be fair, he exceeded my expectations and although he might have done better and just finished above Burton. That equaliser by them kept them up at our expense for instance.

We deserve to go down for all the reasons we all know about.

Thay expression in bold though, I wouldn't use that again. One, we almost certainly wouldn't and, two, I'm fairly sure Kean used the exact same excuse.

Ya but kean had a season and a half and made us worse. Mowbray got an instant improvement, granted with a  few blips along the way. I will use it as I please :)

Mowbray in his time here actually managed to establish a functioning first 11, something Coyle was never near achieving. Looking at Mowbray's record for Rovers in isolation it's clear that he did a decent job, especially considering the state of the club, but at the same time it's hard not to think about not properly finishing off the games against Preston, Norwich and Burton...

Just now, Commondore said:

Mowbray in his time here actually managed to establish a functioning first 11, something Coyle was never near achieving. Looking at Mowbray's record for Rovers in isolation it's clear that he did a decent job, especially considering the state of the club, but at the same time it's hard not to think about not properly finishing off the games against Preston, Norwich and Burton...

I would put that down to the players mentality and a hangover from Coyle. Coyle just seemed to breath fear into the players when we had a lead. How many 3-2s did we lose? Mowbray did a great job here.

I have no blame for Mowbray at all. We went down on goal difference so we can point to any point dropped throughout the season. The vast majority of them were under Coyle. Mowbray gave us a chance after the disaster that was before him.

Ifs, buts and maybes...my personal what if is that he'd replaced Steele sooner. He certainly did a better job than Coyle and did it without a single one of his own players.

He will have a literal clean slate to work with next season - which will be very tough. I don't expect any funds to work with, so it is going to be another poison chalice. Let's pray we chance across some decent rejects with a point to prove.

Just now, Stuart said:

Anyone seen Mowbray's post match interview? Rumour that he will consider his future?

I think he'd be daft not to. He's performed very well and without assurances that he'll be backed financially, he'll fancy his chances of getting a better job.

Mowbray's record isn't bad :

PL 15    W5  D7  L3   PTS  22

Taken over a season 67 points = top 10

Last 5 games W3 D2

And I must say I'd rather listen to his interviews than most of the other bullshiners we've had under this bunch of shysters, wouldn't be at all

surprised though if he resigns as soon as they let him know what he'll have to work with next season.

• Like 2

Just now, Stuart said:

Anyone seen Mowbray's post match interview? Rumour that he will consider his future?

He'll know by the end of the week, apparently.

His future shouldve been decided before today (regardless of the outcome). I think we all know what's going to happeneed. 

I'm still convinced hiring him was very calculated, at a time when the heat and descent were rising on the terraces and in the press. 

He's a fine orator and a fine man. Hope he stays.

Just now, A cup of beans said:

He'll know by the end of the week, apparently.

His future shouldve been decided before today (regardless of the outcome). I think we all know what's going to happeneed. 

I'm still convinced hiring him was very calculated, at a time when the heat and descent were rising on the terraces and in the press. 

He's a fine orator and a fine man. Hope he stays.

I've not heard the interview. Was he not just alluding to the possibility of him being fired as a result of failing to keep us up as opposed to walking out?