BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

Thankyou Mr Mowbray for the work you do.

You tried your best. if you have been appointed for a full season we would have been top 10.

Hopefully Mowbray stays for next season and builds a team he wants

Here is his interview

. http://audioboom.com/posts/5894885- …

He looking for some assurances about next season and the budget. He is having meetings all week so we should know in a week time.

• Like 1

Just now, Batman. said:

I think he'd be daft not to. He's performed very well and without assurances that he'll be backed financially, he'll fancy his chances of getting a better job.

Lambert was vilified for doing similar. Although I suspect you are right.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

What's he said?

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/15270535.Rovers_boss_Tony_Mowbray_plans_Venky__39_s_meeting_to_discuss_his_future_following_relegation/

“I will have some talks in the next week or two with the people who matter at this football club,” Mowbray said.

“Whether the journey for me continues or not. Let’s see. If it does, I can only see if being really strong if we can keep the right players.

“We will see how the summer goes.”

When asked if he would walk away from Ewood Park should he not receive the right assurances from Venky's Mowbray added: “That’s headline I don’t want to see or talk about.

“What’s important is that I sit down and have discussions in the next week or two with them and hopefully they’re positive."

Just now, West Yorks Rover said:

Mowbray's record isn't bad :

PL 15    W5  D7  L3   PTS  22

Taken over a season 67 points = top 10

Last 5 games W3 D2

And I must say I'd rather listen to his interviews than most of the other bullshiners we've had under this bunch of shysters, wouldn't be at all

surprised though if he resigns as soon as they let him know what he'll have to work with next season.

We drew too many unfortunately. 

I don't think Mowbray's a wonderful manager but he seems a solid, likeable type with integrity and I hope he stays

• Like 3

Yeah the big problem I see is that there is arguably 11 players out the door (5 loanees and 6 contracts up) and if we want to do anything next season we need to start recruiting straight away. But with what we will probably offer players they will wait for a better opportunity and we will be stuck trying to sign players late into August which makes a balls of preseason and we'll be forced to start the season with youth in the side which I don't think is a great option in L1. 

I think TM will have a hard time getting anything out of the board and his ability to recruit and prepare for next season will be a sham. I can see anyone worth anything will be sold to try pay wages and anything brought in will be a loanee or someone willing to come on a low wage. It's going to be very difficult for any manager.

i want TM to stay but can't see him getting the backing. I think he will do a good job with the @#/? hand he is presented with again but I don't think we will have the players to get back up again. I think we will have a very thin squad and at best we will manage a playoff place 

He's going to get freebie 2k per week players foisted upon him and loans of players whose parent club sends them for nowt and who don't really want to be here. Probably had that before at Coventry and he'll know exactly where it leads so I wouldn't be surprised to see a Lambert style 6 month clause suddenly pop up.

Dunn will be in charge by August I'd almost stick money on it, TM will get shafted one way or another. 

31 minutes ago, Stuart said:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/15270535.Rovers_boss_Tony_Mowbray_plans_Venky__39_s_meeting_to_discuss_his_future_following_relegation/

“I will have some talks in the next week or two with the people who matter at this football club,” Mowbray said.

“Whether the journey for me continues or not. Let’s see. If it does, I can only see if being really strong if we can keep the right players.

When asked if he would walk away from Ewood Park should he not receive the right assurances from Venky's Mowbray added: “That’s headline I don’t want to see or talk about.

“What’s important is that I sit down and have discussions in the next week or two with them and hopefully they’re positive."

I trust TM. 

Sounds daft when my heads still spinning after being relegated but even his presence at pitch side today made me aware of what we've missed.  

• Like 1

Dreading this month from a football perspective. If Mowbray walks then we will be almost certainly led by Dunn next season as cost cutting will dictate.

Might be worth a few quid on Huddersfield, Fleetwood and Blackpool to win their respective play-offs just to take the @#/? even more after this @#/? season.

Daft as it sounds, I think they might sack Mowbray. They know nothing about football and will probably blame him in some way for not keeping us up depsite their 'backing' in January (loans).

They will be quite happy with Dunn as manager - fans' favourite and cheap.

Just now, Stuart said:

Dreading this month from a football perspective. If Mowbray walks then we will be almost certainly led by Dunn next season as cost cutting will dictate.

Might be worth a few quid on Huddersfield, Fleetwood and Blackpool to win their respective play-offs just to take the @#/? even more after this @#/? season.

What does Mercerman think ? Just back the opposite you won't go far wrong.

Just now, OJRovers said:

Daft as it sounds, I think they might sack Mowbray. They know nothing about football and will probably blame him in some way for not keeping us up depsite their 'backing' in January (loans).

They will be quite happy with Dunn as manager - fans' favourite and cheap.

He's not my favourite but he'd be favourite to take us down again.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Basically, we'll need a new manager for next season's relegation battle.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He's not my favourite but he'd be favourite to take us down again.

I don't think he is a fans' favourite, but you can bet that venkys think he is.

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

According to Rich Sharpe, TM will be flying to India to meet with the owners. You can imagine how it'll go now, 'Tony who'?

Backs up his comment regarding talking to "the people who matter at this club". Seems like it was a little dig at Cheston, Senior and The Invisible Pasha.