BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

Just now, JHRover said:

I'm almost certain that the reason it now isn't happening is because the owners have put it off or re-arranged. No way would Waggott or Mowbray dare to cancel an arranged appointment with the owners.

The concern for me is whether the cancellation or re-scheduling is simply a case of making things more convenient, or even trusting the Rovers lot to get on with it alone, or whether it is something more worrying e.g. they can't be bothered with Rovers business right now or are starting to fall silent as they have in the past.

Even if they do trust the Rovers lot, I find the cancellation odd. This meeting was being mooted since the summer and as I mentioned already, up to a fortnight ago if not last week we were being told it was going ahead. 

Surely there should be a reason given

Just now, JHRover said:

I'm almost certain that the reason it now isn't happening is because the owners have put it off or re-arranged. No way would Waggott or Mowbray dare to cancel an arranged appointment with the owners.

The concern for me is whether the cancellation or re-scheduling is simply a case of making things more convenient, or even trusting the Rovers lot to get on with it alone, or whether it is something more worrying e.g. they can't be bothered with Rovers business right now or are starting to fall silent as they have in the past.

Would be odd timing to fall silent after their backing the last season or so. I am clinging to the hope that it is just that something came up that was considered slighlty more important or one of them has figured out how to use that sqwype thingie ont interweb.

8 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Would be odd timing to fall silent after their backing the last season or so. I am clinging to the hope that it is just that something came up that was considered slighlty more important or one of them has figured out how to use that sqwype thingie ont interweb.

I am picturing Waggot , Mowbray and the 3 Raos in a WhatsApp group. Balaji sending smutty videos completely unrelated to what is being discussed. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

• Backroom

It could be that the meeting is cancelled because no negotiation or justification is needed for TM's demands.

Ie: He's asked for a budget and they've just signed it off.

Remembered it seemed in the summer that TM had to calm them down in ters of throwing money at it. Maybe seeing that attitude from TM has made them lower their demands of him?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Mike E said:

It could be that the meeting is cancelled because no negotiation or justification is needed for TM's demands.

Remembered it seemed in the summer that TM had to calm them down in ters of throwing money at it. Maybe seeing that attitude from TM has made them lower their demands of him?

I am happy enough to go along with that narrative :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

Marginal gains could be seen as there's nowt in the pot in Jan aside from a few coppers to tweak in house depts.

IF that were to be true then it would make the Brereton signing mind-blowingly baffling. Let’s hope they’re just a bit tied up and have signed off on the budget already.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JHRover said:

Conspiracy theorists or scaremongering?

5 hours ago, Mike E said:

Could be anything from asking for more funds and TM producing one of his dossiers in support of more funds for a particular player, Venkys postponing given they've lost 50% of the share price since April and have big business to focus upon to Balaji throwing a bash instead 

Who cares?

The manger is working wonders on the playing side, the least amount of contact he has with those mugs in Pune the better as far as I'm concerned, they're poison. 

Out of sight out of mind.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Gav said:

Who cares?

The manger is working wonders on the playing side, the least amount of contact he has with those mugs in Pune the better as far as I'm concerned, they're poison. 

Out of sight out of mind.

True. As long as they keep writing the cheques for Tony, that's the beginning and end of the input needed from them. 

On 22/11/2018 at 16:48, chaddyrovers said:

Tony Mowbray birthday today. 

His stats as Rovers are

Screenshot_20181122-164310_Twitter.jpg

Somewhat disingenuous stats.

His Rovers Championship stats are:

F4C66E28-EB6E-40C3-B6E6-33C916C7C772.thumb.jpeg.64a01ba1e9fdce19333c74343ca7ca39.jpeg

He is buoyed by his League One results, having had the best squad in the division (and still finished second - I add slightly churlishly):

A150A1D6-4725-4C47-A0B5-48C2FED741C1.thumb.jpeg.43efe9720b961590a70dbfe387e43391.jpeg

Good, without being spectacular.

So we can expect what we are seeing 1.5 points per game. 69 points at best.

Anywhere between 7th and 10th. No shame in that but at some point we are going to need better.

Source: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/tony-mowbray/leistungsdatenDetail/trainer/1584/plus/0

I don't care about the stats but appreciate the fact that in general TM has given us our pride and integrity back.

Today was a shit day at the office for TM, what the fuck he was thinking with his team selection and game plan, only he knows!

Hopefully he has learned it didn't work and we move on!