BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

10 hours ago, Batman. said:

Long way to go before his position should be under discussion. 

And fans moan when managers and players aren't loyal to clubs...

We were always going to have a bad run, we aren't that good.

Hes done exceptionally well for us, and the aim at the start of the season was survival. We've been flirting with the playoffs all season up to now.

People need to stop being so reactionary at the first sign of a dodgy run.

There was a suggestion a few months ago that TM be given a 6 year extension! People need to be more balanced.

He is making selection errors and the players aren't playing with the same spirit that's been such a positive feature of his tenure.

He deserves the right to put things straight but patience isn't endless in this game.

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

I know one thing, if either Kean or I have been stopped from posting this by moderators. had been Rovers' manager last night, that performance would have resulted in MB meltdown.

I think last night was as bad, if not worse, as anything I saw under Kean or I have been stopped from posting this by moderators..

Think Mowbray gets off very lightly with Rovers' fans.

The difference being that this was a one-off (hopefully), or very rare at least, whereas under Dumb & Dumber it was a weekly occurrence 

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

If you prefer 'I have been stopped from posting this by moderators.', I can revert back....................................

You can either revert or go back.

You can't revert back! (anymore that you can continue on!)

14 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

He is considered a bit of a joke figure in Scotland due to his shambolic time at Celtic to be honest,

Yes, was speaking to a Celtic fan two nights ago who wasn't TM's biggest fan and who pointed out he is apparently the last Celtic manager not to win the League.

Said it all ended with a 4-0 defeat to St. Mirren who they should never be beaten by and certainly not by a margin of 4 goals. Said TM looked clueless on how to try and change it.

• Like 1

Just now, 47er said:

Surely its at least a two-off? Game v Rotherham wasn't great either.

I was counting the 2 games this week as ‘one’ occurrence - I can’t yet bring myself to accept that we were that shit twice!

Also I can’t agree on the Rotherham game. The result was disappointing, but I thought overall we played quite well and created enough chances to have won the game comfortably. Had we taken one of them and won 2-1, I don’t think anyone would have been suggesting that it was a poor performance 

Just now, DaveyB said:

I was counting the 2 games this week as ‘one’ occurrence - I can’t yet bring myself to accept that we were that shit twice!

Also I can’t agree on the Rotherham game. The result was disappointing, but I thought overall we played quite well and created enough chances to have won the game comfortably. Had we taken one of them and won 2-1, I don’t think anyone would have been suggesting that it was a poor performance 

Rotherham wasn't too bad but QPR was an absolute shocker imo notwithstanding the result.

This sort of has been coming for a while for me albeit I never expected us to fall off a cliff as badly as we've done over the last six days.

• Like 1

• Backroom
27 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

my main concern is I don’t think we play good football. We have controlled one game this season, cup game against who was it, Carlisle? The rest has been even or we are outplayed

This has been one of the consistencies of Mowbray's tenure. We've never played good football but we've been getting results so most of us will let that slide. It's very noticeable that regardless of whether we're playing a side at the top or a side at the bottom our performance levels remain roughly the same. I'm never confident of dominating a team, even if they're bottom of the table, because TM gets himself into such a state about every little thing regarding the opposition that he sabotages us. Look at Bury last season. An awful team at the foot of the table and we set up to try and neutralise their fucking right back. It's ridiculous. 

Until recently I would have said that it seems to work out better when we're playing top teams, but Derby and Sheff Utd embarrassed us so that was probably more of a League 1 thing. 

• Like 2

Just now, DE. said:

An awful team at the foot of the table and we set up to try and neutralise their fucking right back. It's ridiculous. 

I'd forgot about the right-back ? That still ranks as one of the most bizarre comments I've ever heard from a manager. I think it was Oldham's RB and we were playing them at home. He played Bell on the wing to neutralise him and admitted it ? ? 

Radio Rental. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I'd forgot about the right-back ? That still ranks as one of the most bizarre comments I've ever heard from a manager. I think it was Oldham's RB and we were playing them at home. He played Bell on the wing to neutralise him and admitted it ? ? 

Radio Rental. 

I thought it was Bury but you're right, it was the Oldham game. Total madness and a real insight into why we are like we are under Mowbray's management. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Surely its at least a two-off? Game v Rotherham wasn't great either.

Or Swansea...or Bristol...didn't have a sniff against Sheffield  U...stole a point at Derby....

When we lose, we are generally made to look awful.

When we win, we have usually had to run ourselves into the ground to eek out a 1 goal win.

That alone would indicate that we either don't have the quality at this level of we aren't tactically set up well enough to compete.

1 hour ago, DE. said:

This has been one of the consistencies of Mowbray's tenure. We've never played good football but we've been getting results so most of us will let that slide. It's very noticeable that regardless of whether we're playing a side at the top or a side at the bottom our performance levels remain roughly the same. I'm never confident of dominating a team, even if they're bottom of the table, because TM gets himself into such a state about every little thing regarding the opposition that he sabotages us. Look at Bury last season. An awful team at the foot of the table and we set up to try and neutralise their fucking right back. It's ridiculous. 

Until recently I would have said that it seems to work out better when we're playing top teams, but Derby and Sheff Utd embarrassed us so that was probably more of a league 1 thing. 

Ironically, the Carlisle game was when he let all the attacking players play.  Then said it would never happen again.  That said, I remember Carlisle having about 18 shots on goal so it was too open an approach ?

8 hours ago, Mercer said:

Hits a number of nails on the head.

Trouble is Chaddy, you bury your head in the sand too much, hiding from stark reality just hoping it's all a bad dream.

sadly not Mercer. I don't over reacted to bad performances just some people do. 

as @Boroblue has said I couldn't called for Mowbray to go and leave. 

8 hours ago, Mercer said:

As I posted earlier, we are in real danger of being not much better off than when Mowbray replaced I have been stopped from posting this by moderators..

IMV, we don't seem mentally or physically up for it, tactics are a nonsense, players are used consistently out of position, recruitment is poor and the Brereton signing is absolutely mystifying and worrying.  On top of that, I think our style of football is cr@p.  To me, the players' body language last night got the alarm bells ringing - I very much doubt all is well in the camp.

Mowbray should be very worried and he should be on the thinnest of thin ice.

not much better than when Coyle was here? :lol:

We have had 2 bad games but Mowbray and players will produced a win on Saturday

4 hours ago, Mercer said:

I know one thing, if either Kean or I have been stopped from posting this by moderators. had been Rovers' manager last night, that performance would have resulted in MB meltdown.

I think last night was as bad, if not worse, as anything I saw under Kean or I have been stopped from posting this by moderators..

Think Mowbray gets off very lightly with Rovers' fans.

how about you stop mentioning either of them!!!  They didn't deserve to ever work at this great football and to wear their Rovers badge on the chest. Completely and utter embarrassment either was to allow to enter the door. 

Mowbray is nothing like either of those two but you do keep mentioning them. wonder why? close friends of them?

1 hour ago, DE. said:

I thought it was Bury but you're right, it was the Oldham game. Total madness and a real insight into why we are like we are under Mowbray's management. 

He mentioned things to that effect recently when he said about studying the opposition, do you put a strength against their strength or put a strength against a weakness and try and expose it.  If you have a steady defender you leave him in this is the Championship not champions league they should be able to deal with what they come up against you can't be swapping them around every week because one opposition winger might be a second quicker than the one last week or the one next week is an inch taller so you swap again ffs.

What bonkers is that how did the likes of Alan Wright ever have a career, there are also some slow full backs around but if they read the game right and have good timing they cope fine.

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

sadly not Mercer. I don't over reacted to bad performances just some people do.  There are bad performances and dire performances - sadly, I think Rovers are now dire  

as @Boroblue has said I couldn't called for Mowbray to go and leave.  You will change your tune when Mowbray is sacked.

not much better than when Coyle was here? :lol:  When Mowbray took over from O w e n , we were either bottom or very close to the bottom of the Championship.  Come January, given our next few fixtures and our present abysmal showings, we might be very close to where we were two years ago - that is not progress.

We have had 2 bad games but Mowbray and players will produced a win on Saturday  So put your money where your mouth is.  I will match any bet you want.

how about you stop mentioning either of them!!!  They didn't deserve to ever work at this great football and to wear their Rovers badge on the chest. Completely and utter embarrassment either was to allow to enter the door.  Sadly, Kean and O w e n are part of our history.  America has had good and bad presidents.  UK has had good and bad Prime Ministers.  Likewise, Rovers have had good and bad managers.  You can't go around burying your head in the sand pretending it didn't happen - blame the clowns who appointed them.

Mowbray is nothing like either of those two but you do keep mentioning them. wonder why? close friends of them?  See answer in paragraph above.

Edited by Mercer

8 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He mentioned things to that effect recently when he said about studying the opposition, do you put a strength against their strength or put a strength against a weakness and try and expose it.  If you have a steady defender you leave him in this is the Championship not champions league they should be able to deal with what they come up against you can't be swapping them around every week because one opposition winger might be a second quicker than the one last week or the one next week is an inch taller so you swap again ffs.

What bonkers is that how did the likes of Alan Wright ever have a career, there are also some slow full backs around but if they read the game right and have good timing they cope fine.

Bobby Moore was not the quickest, however, he had football intelligence.  He read the game like many couldn't and had superb timing.

A team gels as a unit far more quickly and far better the more they play together without constant chopping and changing of both systems and personnel.  Footballers also perform far better when they are not played out of position.  Football is a relatively simple game and football management should be.

• Like 1

Just now, Mercer said:

Bobby Moore was not the quickest, however, he had football intelligence.  He read the game like many couldn't and had superb timing.

A team gels as a unit far more quickly and far better the more they play together without constant chopping and changing of both systems and personnel.  Footballers also perform far better when they are not played out of position.  Football is a relatively simple game and football management should be.

So simple to do well that the average manager lasts barely 18 months.

12 minutes ago, Mercer said:

You will change your tune when Mowbray is sacked.

sadly not. far too much respect for Mowbray as a person and for the job he has done here

13 minutes ago, Mercer said:

So put your money where your mouth is.  I will match any bet you want.

I want nothing to do with you or your betting

13 minutes ago, Mercer said:

See answer in paragraph above.

no answer to whether they are close friends of yours, why? another try?