BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

Mercer has a credible point, and I think describing it as "bait" is a massive overreaction. Did our players come out on the official site saying how rubbish Coyle was when he was here? No they didnt, you have to take official interviews with a pinch of salt.

That said, I do think that Dack has been obviously a major plus of Mowbrays reign, signing him for cheap and undoubtedly getting a consistent level of performance from him far above expectation is testament to him. I am not doubting that for one minute.

Players are always right behind the manager until the day he gets sacked. Not just at Rovers but at every club. It's the nature of the beast. They all look after No1.  Look at the managers we've had since Big Sam, how many players actually came out and criticised them ? They only time they complain is when they're not getting selected for the team.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Mercer has a credible point, and I think describing it as "bait" is a massive overreaction. Did our players come out on the official site saying how rubbish Coyle was when he was here? No they didnt, you have to take official interviews with a pinch of salt.

That said, I do think that Dack has been obviously a major plus of Mowbrays reign, signing him for cheap and undoubtedly getting a consistent level of performance from him far above expectation is testament to him. I am not doubting that for one minute.

How is accusing Dack of lying a  "credible point"? 

It is nonsense, purely set up to get a reaction from Chaddy. There is absolutely no reason to suggest that Dack is lying. If you watch the interview you can see he means it. 

Show me 1 positive comment from the players about Coyle. Just the one. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It is nonsense, purely set up to get a reaction from Chaddy. There is absolutely no reason to suggest that Dack is lying. If you watch the interview you can see he means it. 

How have you taken that as Mercer saying hes lying?

Ive taken it as it needs to be taken with a pinch of salt as its on the official site so only positive articles will be made.

I have no doubts that Dack as a signing and how hes been managed has been a huge plus point in Mowbrays reign. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

How have you taken that as Mercer saying hes lying?

Ive taken it as it needs to be taken with a pinch of salt as its on the official site so only positive articles will be made.

I have no doubts that Dack as a signing and how hes been managed has been a huge plus point in Mowbrays reign. 

Because he is implying what Dack is saying isn't necessarily true. 

If you did an interview and someone said you didn't necessarily mean what you said, would you take that to mean you were lying? 

• Moderation Lead

To be fair, Mercer has a point, Dack is hardly going to slag off the manager to the official site, is he?

That said, I've no reason to doubt Dack loves Mowbray and I'd imagine that is very much the case. He's played the best football of his career and also at his highest level to date and that has been under Mowbray. Not to mention all the stuff with the court case where Mowbray has stood by him and initially kept that quiet.

Dack and Mowbray both have a lot to thank each other for. 

• Like 2

• Backroom
3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I can definitely remember Mulgrew having positive things to say about Coyle, but that might have been the Scottish connection at work. 

Realistically it makes no sense for players to say negative things about their manager, as much as the fans may want to hear it at times. How many of our players publically criticised Kean whilst they were here? Can't remember a single one. I remember plenty of them licking his arse though. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

If you did an interview and someone said you didn't necessarily mean what you said, would you take that to mean you were lying? 

He didnt say that he was lying. More that the official site will only publish positive interviews. Not that hes been put up to saying something thats a lie.

Ive stated that I think its obvious that Mowbray has been very good for Dacks career, and Dack has been very good for Rovers. Just to clarify.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DE. said:

I can definitely remember Mulgrew having positive things to say about Coyle, but that might have been the Scottish connection at work. 

Realistically it makes no sense for players to say negative things about their manager, as much as the fans may want to hear it at times. How many of our players publically criticised Kean whilst they were here? Can't remember a single one. I remember plenty of them licking his arse though. 

Or the fact he gave him a 3 year deal with his injury problems. Worked out well though. 

I know players can't say anything negative about the manager, unless they they don't want to play anymore. Even when's it's a pleb like Kean in charge!

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It is nonsense purely set up to get a reaction from Chaddy, . There is absolutely no reason to suggest that Dack is lying. If you watch the interview you can see he means it. 

I HAVE NOT accused Dack of lying.  Tell me where I have said Dack is lying?  You need to be extremely careful what you say.

Neither is it purely set up to get a reaction from Chaddy.  What organisation would not put a 'spin' on its PR items?

Doesn't actually live in Middlesbrough I wouldn't think. But on Teesside, yes. Nobody much lives in Middlesbrough unless they have to. 

And it's Middlesbrough not Middlesborough although they're known as the Boro with that extra o in there. ?

Edited by gumboots

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I seen as bait which I didn't take and move on. 

Pinch of salt? why? 

Mowbray has been very good for Dack's career that wasn't going anywhere until he came here. Yes Dack has been good for Mowbray of course but its Mowbray's man management skills and his open and honest that has good the best out of Dack. 

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

Neither is it purely set up to get a reaction from Chaddy.  

ok

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I seen as bait which I didn't take and move on. 

Pinch of salt? why? 

Mowbray has been very good for Dack's career that wasn't going anywhere until he came here. Yes Dack has been good for Mowbray of course but its Mowbray's man management skills and his open and honest that has good the best out of Dack. 

ok

The third comment I agree with (bar that his career wasnt going anywhere) but its irrelevant to the point Mercer made.

Players will never publicly say anything but positive things about the manager, and if they did, it certainly wouldnt be allowed on the official website. Thats a point not specific to Mowbray nor Dack, nor is it a slight on either of them.

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The third comment I agree with (bar that his career wasnt going anywhere) but its irrelevant to the point Mercer made.

Players will never publicly say anything but positive things about the manager, and if they did, it certainly wouldnt be allowed on the official website. Thats a point not specific to Mowbray nor Dack, nor is it a slight on either of them.

So let's all just take the comment at face value so 

5 hours ago, gumboots said:

Doesn't actually live in Middlesbrough I wouldn't think. But on Teesside, yes. Nobody much lives in Middlesbrough unless they have to. 

And it's Middlesbrough not Middlesborough although they're known as the Boro with that extra o in there. ?

He was off to a Ball at a school in Yarm last Saturday so I assume he lives there or thereabouts.

7 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Gross over-reaction, don't you do nuance over there?

40 minutes ago, only2garners said:

He was off to a Ball at a school in Yarm last Saturday so I assume he lives there or thereabouts.

It's where most of the Boro footballers live. Mendieta  (sp? ) has a farm or something round Yarm. It's become the posh bit of Teesside if such a place exists. When I was younger, Normanby, where I lived, was where the likes of Souness lived because the then chairman, Charlie Amer, had an estate in the grounds of his house that they lived on. 

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Not from there but didn't Souness cut his teeth as a player at Boro ?

That's where Liverpool signed him from wasn't it?

Just looked him up. He was signed from Boro but was actually in Australia playing for West Adelaide.

Even more amusing, he was at Tottenham from 1970-72 and made no appearances. Could always spot a good player that club!!

Edited by 47er
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, 47er said:

Just looked him up. He was signed from Boro but was actually in Australia playing for West Adelaide.

Even more amusing, he was at Tottenham from 1970-72 and made no appearances. Could always spot a good player that club!!

Good old Spurs i'm surprised they didn't sign him back for huge money years later then ruin him !

47 minutes ago, 47er said:

Graeme-SOUNESS-Tottenham-Hotspur.jpg