BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

11 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Steve Kean talked a brilliant game too.......

Comparing the two really doesn’t do your point much use.

If you think it’s time to change manager, that’s up to you. I personally disagree.

Just to add - I think it’s a poor memory to  compare TM to the guy who obviously (with his agent and “ownership consultant) hoodwinked the club into ridiculous contracts, signings and feathered his own nest all the way to Brunei.

Edited by Biz
  • Like 1

Just now, Biz said:

Comparing the two really doesn’t do your point much use.

If you think it’s time to change manager, that’s up to you. I personally disagree.

The point is, managers can say all they like but it's results on the pitch that count. And at the moment Mowbray's not doing very well. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

The point is, managers can say all they like but it's results on the pitch that count. And at the moment Mowbray's not doing very well. 

Depends on your own expectations.

Mine are being met. I expected this season to be one of consolidation back in the championship so I can’t complain personally.

80E54DF8-2575-47D3-9C0E-6352488C4480.png

5 hours ago, Stuart said:

Which suggests Mowbray doesn’t rate him either.

I’d like to see him start up front against Newcastle in the FA Cup. If Mowbray can’t trust him to do that - or change the tactics to accommodate Brereton playing as a striker then he needs dropping from the squad for a few weeks. Either with Nuttall promoted to the bench or out on loan to make room.

I agree. I do find it odd we spent most of our budget on a striker with the deficiencies elsewhere in the team 

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I agree. I do find it odd we spent most of our budget on a striker with the deficiencies elsewhere in the team 

We did need at least one, maybe even two strikers but ones who the manager would be prepared to put straight into the team. I think we all expected Armstrong to do a bit better, but ideally we needed a new first choice striker as well allowing Graham to fulfill the role of reliable back up.

9 hours ago, Biz said:

Ofcourse it matters. Wages aren’t “instalments”. Those three ex Rovers on Norwich bench, aren’t getting paid 4 years down the line.

Thats only half the issue. 

If refraining from making the assumption “what we see is what we get” with Brereton is “making me look silly”....

So be it!

Merry Christmas

You keep making this assumption that BB is on very low wages. May or may not be the case. Furthermore you keep trying to justify the signing on the fact that other Clubs with bigger budgets may have committed to spending more on other players. That's irrelevant. You can only judge our situation relative to OUR budget and the fact is 70% of the transfer budget was splurged on a player who after half a season has yet to make a start. Even if he'd only cost £1m and was on 5k p.w. if he'd never started or impressed off the bench it would still be a waste of money.

Still blame the manager rather than the player for the situation unless and until he is given an extended chance to shine from the start in his natural position  and fails to take it.

Hope you got your pressies wrapped. Merry Christmas.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We did need at least one, maybe even two strikers but ones who the manager would be prepared to put straight into the team. I think we all expected Armstrong to do a bit better, but ideally we needed a new first choice striker as well allowing Graham to fulfill the role of reliable back up.

It wasn't possible to sign someone to replace Graham for that kind of money. He's top class 

16 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It wasn't possible to sign someone to replace Graham for that kind of money. He's top class 

Errr..... he isn't,  he is well past hs prime and is a mid table Championship player at best.

Sorry, for the 7m spent on Brereton I'm not having it that thete was no -one either at home or abroad that wouldn't have been an upgrade on Graham if only in terms of being nearer his physical peak.

I suspect the problem was that we misjudged the market in the summer, went back to the owners for more money at the last minute then started trying to throw money about like water at anyone who would entertain us just before the window shut.

4 hours ago, roverandout said:

At some point mowbary will go the same way as bowyer...taken the club as far as he can. Plenty of clubs have taken that road

And the we'll sign a manager who's cheap and useless and begin a new cycle of desperation and alienation.

That'll be the road we take. I did think that we might harness the impetus of last season's promotion effort but, as always with Venkys, its quite withering away.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 47er said:

And the we'll sign a manager who's cheap and useless and begin a new cycle of desperation and alienation.

That'll be the road we take. I did think that we might harness the impetus of last season's promotion effort but, as always with Venkys, its quite withering away.

Merry Christmas :) x 

"Danny is an important player for our team,” Mowbray said.

“We’re not a possession based, keep the ball, 50 passes team". 

Well I'm sorry TM but instead of lumping or hoofing the ball forwards in the blind hope of finding one of our players all the time how about playing a bit of controlled football on the deck especially in the last 15 minutes of games where we are holding on to a slender lead. I am convinced that is why we concede late in games.

12 minutes ago, jw_ said:

Actually, we are, but it's only when we have a dangerous break or situation on or have the ball in our own half, we pass the ball interminably sideways and backwards until the opposition have recovered their shape and any danger is gone.

1 hour ago, jw_ said:

"Danny is an important player for our team,” Mowbray said.

Well I'm sorry TM but instead of lumping or hoofing the ball forwards in the blind hope of finding one of our players all the time how about playing a bit of controlled football on the deck especially in the last 15 minutes of games where we are holding on to a slender lead. I am convinced that is why we concede late in games.

It’s actually pretty damning from Mowbray and suggests we can’t compete by playing football.

Yet at the same time it is his decision to play players like Evans and Smallwood ahead of actual footballers.

That in itself means that he must feel our defence is very weak so surely he should be scouting two centre backs to replace Lenihan and Mulgrew?

22 hours ago, DE. said:

...........m the manager and his immediate staff (of which I have to include Waggott as Mowbray hired him)..........

Is this a typo or correct? If correct can you give a bit more detail? I've not come across a manager hiring a CE before.

I realise Waggott and Mowbray worked together at Coventry.

23 minutes ago, Paul said:

Is this a typo or correct? If correct can you give a bit more detail? I've not come across a manager hiring a CE before.

I realise Waggott and Mowbray worked together at Coventry.

Fake news. Pure coincidence, as is Mowbray and Brereton being with the same Agency, alledgedly.

Professional football has history of throwing up these odd happenings.

I am back to my dot joining Christmas pressy to pass the time.

Joy to the World

3 hours ago, Paul said:

it would be a surprise if Mowbray didn't put forward the name of someone he'd worked with before when he knew the club were looking for a new operator. Nothing unusual in that. He may have even been asked for his preferred choice.