BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

Does it matter? 

Ive not met a single person at games who thinks he’s done anything but a good job. You thought his appointment was a disgrace, that doesn’t matter either as long as you back him and his players at the ground.

Some people on here think we can do better or he can, fair enough, debate that, instead of keep banging on about an old thread from a time he had us mid table in the third division over a year ago, or do you want your thoughts on his appointment constantly raked up?

• Moderation Lead
7 hours ago, Gav said:

Do you mean last season when the most popular thread of the year, until it was shut down, was calling for the managers head?

You can't rewrite history K-Hod, but you can close down threads.

Mowbray doesn't get anywhere near enough credit on here for what he's achieved in his short spell here. The clubs changed in so many ways, especially behind the scenes, and that goes unnoticed by many.

I never thought we'd be back in this league again under Venky rule, let alone watching a 20m midfield player pulling the strings to help us beating the likes of Hull, Stoke, Leeds and  WBA. 

Mowbray has us on the right track, even a blind man on a galloping horse can see that, can't he?

You're preaching to the choir. I like Mowbray and don't want him to be fired. I just want us to stop shipping so many late goals at an alarming rate. 

Is it alright for me to want the best for my club?

Edited by K-Hod

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

You're preaching to the choir. I like Mowbray and don't want him to be fired. I just want us to stop shipping so many late goals at an alarming rate. 

Is it alright for me to want the best for my club?

Of course you want the best for your club, that goes without saying.

The main point is really about you telling us what's happening on these threads.

To claim Mowbrays getting plenty of praise and nobody is asking for him to be sacked (was that last week)  simply isn't true, that was my point.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Does it matter? 

Ive not met a single person at games who thinks he’s done anything but a good job. You thought his appointment was a disgrace, that doesn’t matter either as long as you back him and his players at the ground.

Some people on here think we can do better or he can, fair enough, debate that, instead of keep banging on about an old thread from a time he had us mid table in the third division over a year ago, or do you want your thoughts on his appointment constantly raked up?

I couldn't care less Matty to be honest, there's a very good reason why I'm not a football manager/Chairman you know!

But I do like a bit of balance, and that was the point being made, a point that seems to have been lost on you.

Edited by Gav

• Moderation Lead
6 minutes ago, Gav said:

Of course you want the best for your club, that goes without saying.

The main point is really about you telling us what's happening on these threads.

To claim Mowbrays getting plenty of praise and nobody is asking for him to be sacked simply isn't true, that was my point.

I've never said anyone hadn't called for Mowbray's head, to be fair. I only said he was getting plenty of praise.....

• Backroom

I'm hopeful that performances and results will continue to improve with Travis in the centre (assuming he's kept there), as it will prove that what we need is only one truly defensive midfielder assisted by a box-to-box midfielder who can support both attack and defence. I'm not sure there's a situation when I'd ever really want us playing with two DM's. All it does is leave the attack isolated and invite pressure onto our backline - which has already proven to be ineffectual at dealing with said pressure. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DE. said:

I'm hopeful that performances and results will continue to improve with Travis in the centre (assuming he's kept there), as it will prove that what we need is only one truly defensive midfielder assisted by a box-to-box midfielder who can support both attack and defence. I'm not sure there's a situation when I'd ever really want us playing with two DM's. All it does is leave the attack isolated and invite pressure onto our backline - which has already proven to be ineffectual at dealing with said pressure. 

I was thinking last night that Liverpool missed the OX in the side. I think Travis is a similar player insofar as he is a good strong runner whose inclination is to move the ball forward. Unlike Smallwood or Cory Zoolander 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

38 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Good piece in the Times.

It explains why Venus was absent for a while. His wife died of breast cancer just before Christmas.

That’s pretty crap news. ?

Not wanting to sound crass but it does make you wonder then if his absence has been a factor in our form?

I'm not a subscriber to the Times but I'm tempted to do so just to read that article, especially as it is by Henry Winter.

I heard the thing about Venus over Christmas. Him and Mowbray have had rotten luck in losing their wives at relatively young ages. I suppose working in football and being involved every day might be the best thing for him to try and help him through it. 

• Like 1