BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

2 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

The win against Leeds was the high point of our season, since then our form has been that of a side battling relegation. 22 points from our last 20 games is no way near good enough. Start of the season we had the confidence from last season and sides hadn't had chance to work us out. More recently though the momentum from last season has gone and sides have worked out our strengths and the manager has been unable to find another way for us to play. We are becoming a very easy and predictable side to play against. 

Perfect assessment, Mowbray had done perhaps more for the club off the pitch as on it.

Today's first half performance baffling, must have made at least 4 tactical changes, which seemed to confuse us more tham Boro.

Worryingly, the slump in form must be addressed , as a long drawn on out meander to the end of the season will have far=reaching consequences on retention and recruitment .

Premier League? more chance of League one as it is panning out.

January window was a necessity to add a little quality to the squad, however chasing targets who we could never afford, is amateurish at best.

Edited by blondie
  • Like 2

Nearly three months ago now since Mowbray spoke about  evolving our style of play, yet our style has not changed one bit. We are still as reliant on Dack and Graham to score and create as we have been since the start of the season. I'm beginning to wonder what we work on in training as its clearly not defending, fitness or evolving our style of play.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/17259862.mowbray-wants-rovers-to-evolve-their-style-of-play/

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, blondie said:

Perfect assessment, Mowbray had done perhaps more for the club off the pitch as on it.

Today's first half performance baffling, must have made at least 4 tactical changes, which seemed to confuse us more tham Boro.

Worryingly, the slump in form must be addressed , as a long drawn on out meander to the end of the season will have far=reaching consequences on retention and recruitment .

Premier League? more chance of League one as it is panning out.

January window was a necessity to add a little quality to the squad, however chasing targets who we could never afford, is amateurish at best.

Not if you know damn well , they won't sign !!!

It looks like good but in reality it was 'pie in the sky '...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Nearly three months ago now since Mowbray spoke about  evolving our style of play, yet our style has not changed one bit. We are still as reliant on Dack and Graham to score and create as we have been since the start of the season. I'm beginning to wonder what we work on in training as its clearly not defending, fitness or evolving our style of play.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/17259862.mowbray-wants-rovers-to-evolve-their-style-of-play/

Sometimes when listening to Mowbrays interviews I really wonder if he is on a different wavelength to the majority of us. To evolve a different playing style could take years and a huge overhaul of the current squad. Similarly he was talking about setting up a European scouting network. This simply can't happen in the short term, certainly not before the summer which is the time we should be looking to bring new players in and strengthen the squad.

• Like 1

• Tom featured and unfeatured this topic
8 hours ago, steelcityblue said:

Ok Guys. I’m clearly out of step with the prevailing attitudes and mores on here. I don’t apologise for my stance. I’ve read almost every post on here for years as I love anything to do with the Rovers but it’s time to take a break. The constant Mowbray bashing is doing my head in anyway. 

My last post on this. You have accused me of racism when I had no such intention. In reality the problem lies with your ignorance.

You now seem to be implying that racism is "one of the prevailing attitudes and mores on here". Thus you have gone from insulting me to insulting everyone else as well.

You should have the guts to apologise. Very poor conduct on your part.

• Backroom
8 minutes ago, 47er said:

When did we last beat Wigan or Preston?  Was Preston when Paul Lambert had just taken over?

Wigan---I really can't remember. Those local derby losses hurt.

Yeah, I think we beat them 2-1 in Lambert's first match. Funnily enough he nearly repeated the trick with Ipswich until Preston equalised towards the end of the match.

• Moderation Lead
6 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

@K-Hod give the people an in/out poll?

Oi Oi!

For real though, I’ve done the unthinkable and gone out on a date with a woman today...

I’ll sort the poll out tomorrow ?

Edited by K-Hod

• Backroom

My concern today is at one point we had Bennett left wing back with Dack playing as deep as our centre halves at times, not quite the same level but had echoes of the infamous Souness / Matteo game.

Doubts will start to surface again and whilst Mowbray is in credit he’s going to have to start answering some questions soon enough.

A poor end to the season and not as many people would question us rolling the dice if there was a Jokanovic / Wagner in the offing 

• Moderation Lead

Dack wasn’t great today, but then again he hasn’t been for a while. He kept having to drop deep to get involved.

I wish he wouldn’t tbh, he isn’t good at defending at all. He just needs to stay as far up front as possible. 

With all that being said, he’s got a hell of a lot of credit in the bank for carrying us for so long, I do find it hard to criticise the lad, but I hope his performances start to improve soon as the team looks devoid of ideas when he’s not at it!!

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

Sometimes when listening to Mowbrays interviews I really wonder if he is on a different wavelength to the majority of us. To evolve a different playing style could take years and a huge overhaul of the current squad. Similarly he was talking about setting up a European scouting network. This simply can't happen in the short term, certainly not before the summer which is the time we should be looking to bring new players in and strengthen the squad.

He was evolving it helped by the emergence of Travis but when you push on more and play a more open style you're always at risk of shipping goals on the counter especially with our defence. Thing is you have to persist with it and take the odd spankings on the chin then if it doesn't work go back to a more pragmatic defensive style for a game or two looking to grind a few results out and settle things down again.

Can we say he's done that ?   No he's just spinning the tombola and experimenting whilst giving people games to keep the camp happy. We hand uncle Gaz now I think we have uncle Tone - that fist half was shocking in many many ways it wasn't just because Boro are stronger than us or we looked particularly nervous they just didn't turn up and didn't really looked arsed - end of season stuff to match the recent mentality.

When you constantly go on a crusade to dumb things down don't be surprised when that's what you end up with, maybe it's about time he took control of the team again instead of the senior players running it !

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

If Venkys are looking to put some money in as a roll of the dice it may be decision time for them, especially if Tony isn’t willing to spend it

He wanted Celina and/or Freeman last summer but he couldn't get them to the club. I have no doubt he also wanted Assombolonga. Whether he cant attract them or we cant afford the wages is open to question.