BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

11 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I voted the last one although doing a great job is stretching it.

I don't think what he says in the media is doing him any favours. He deserves to keep his job If you look at it simplistically. He got us up and I'm assuming keeping us up. That was his target and he achieved it. 

This summer is absolutely massive. He has to get the recruitment spot on, he has to be ruthless with his current squad and for the remainder of this season he has to improve the overall quality of football with the players he has.

I don't believe he will take us any higher than mid table but he deserves an opportunity to implement what he says. 

I also give him some benefit of the doubt when working for these clowns as we all know what is said in public and what actually happens can be slightly different and what could follow shouldn't be a factor in my decision but sadly it is. I have been stopped from posting this by moderators. coyle scarred me for life.

I think after the summer around the first international break is the time to asses what he has done and I think would be a fair time to start seriously questioning a manager that has done alot more good for this club than bad

Sadly the players are playing right niw like it was theirs and they are done for the season.

1 hour ago, USABlue said:

To the second paragraph, Mercer said the same thing when we got relegated and yes we can.  We are still seven points off the theoretical safe points.

Mercer should never be used as a benchmark for predictive success.

Also that's 7 points with more than a quarter of the season left.

11 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

I’m sorry, but this is embarrassing. I have absolutely no words. When you consider the utter shite state that recently promoted clubs are in compared us, I have absolutely no words. When you consider the the utter shite state that we were in when Mowbray took over, this is up there with one of the worst polls I’ve ever seen on here. 

So you're undecided? 

Mowbray has, and continues to do a brilliant job imo. He inherited a dreadful side. I'll never forget Barnsley away with Wes Brown at the back.. We were awful. 

He's brought the club back to life. Invested in Young hungry players, got us promoted and stabilised us in midtable in his first season back.. 

Talk about reactionary.. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

I’m sorry, but this is embarrassing. I have absolutely no words. When you consider the utter shite state that recently promoted clubs are in compared us, I have absolutely no words. When you consider the the utter shite state that we were in when Mowbray took over, this is up there with one of the worst polls I’ve ever seen on here. 

The silent majority has spoken. We don’t have 122 frequent posters, so the poll shows that many of the threads on here are not representative of overall fan sentiments. 

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

The silent majority has spoken. We don’t have 122 frequent posters, so the poll shows that many of the threads on here are not representative of overall fan sentiments. 

Only a third of those 122 posters think he's doing a good job. I don't think you can extrapolate a silent majority from that. Have you got a link to this overall fan sentiment survey you've done that represents the majority of the fan base? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lie_still_Rover said:

Mowbray has, and continues to do a brilliant job imo. He inherited a dreadful side. I'll never forget Barnsley away with Wes Brown at the back.. We were awful. 

He's brought the club back to life. Invested in Young hungry players, got us promoted and stabilised us in midtable in his first season back.. 

Talk about reactionary.. 

The 'dreadful' side he inherited still make up half of the team...and the majority of the good players. 

Invested in young hungry players? Are you referring to Dack's breakfast habits? I only ask because the majority of the young hungry players he's signed can't get a game or aren't very good.

Reactionary or ill informed? 

• Like 1

Just now, Lie_still_Rover said:

Love how you all demand loyalty from players and managers.. 

Lose a few games,  have a dodgy patch of form and you'd throw them under a bus.. 

Fickle springs to mind.. 

We aren't even having a bad season.. 

I think most peoples gripes are a bit more considered than losing a few games. Try reading them. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Only a third of those 122 posters think he's doing a good job. I don't think you can extrapolate a silent majority from that. Have you got a link to this overall fan sentiment survey you've done that represents the majority of the fan base? 

Nine times as many as think he should be sacked. 

Every defeat brings multiple posts from the few who want him fired, the ones who don’t do not post with the same frequency.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

The 'dreadful' side he inherited still make up half of the team...and the majority of the good players. 

Invested in young hungry players? Are you referring to Dack's breakfast habits? I only ask because the majority of the young hungry players he's signed can't get a game or aren't very good.

Chapman, Dack, Rothwell, Bell are all young players with bags of potential. 

He's nurtured young lads such as: Raya, Lenihan, Nyambe, Travis and as a result they're established first team players. 

You say he inherited half the squad. Which is correct. He almost avoided nailed on relegation. Got us promoted at the first attempt - something Sunderland and others such as Leeds and Forest struggled to do.. 

And he's now got us stabilised in midtable when other promoted sides are languishing and in turmoil.. 

Get a grip. 

23 minutes ago, Lie_still_Rover said:

You say he inherited a poor squad yet the likes of Graham, Bennett, Lenihan, Mulgrew, Williams and Evans who he inherited are all regular starters and you have Conway still somehow getting game time as well. Even after spending around £12 Million this summer our defence and spine of our team includes a lot of player who were part of that 'dreadful side' that he inherited. And what is even more worrying is that he thinks it's difficult to find better, you mention Wes Brown I don't think our defence could be any worse if he was in it. We went down conceding 65 goals at the rate we are conceding at the moment we will beat that this year.

He may have invested in hungry young players the only problem is that we rarely get to see them as they spend most the time on the bench. You'd have hoped after spending around £12 Million in the summer that his signings would have had much more of an impact the only signing who has shown he belongs at this level is Reed and he is only on loan.

Edited by Ewood Ace

3 minutes ago, Lie_still_Rover said:

Chapman, Dack, Rothwell, Bell are all young players with bags of potential. 

He's nurtured young lads such as: Raya, Lenihan, Nyambe, Travis and as a result they're established first team players. 

You say he inherited half the squad. Which is correct. He almost avoided nailed on relegation. Got us promoted at the first attempt - something Sunderland and others such as Leeds and Forest struggled to do.. 

And he's now got us stabilised in midtable when other promoted sides are languishing and in turmoil.. 

Get a grip. 

Chapman won't play, Rothwell never plays and Bell can't defend. Dack is good. So when you said he'd invested in young hungry players what you didn't say was they couldn't get a game or were mainly a bit shit. I just finished your sentence for you. I notice you missed out BB. That wouldn't have done your argument much good so you were wise to leave him out. We'll not mention the price. ?

Edited by blueboy3333
  • Like 1

Let's sack him them eh? 

Forget the project any momentum, any affinity etc. 

Bomb him out and gamble... 

Aston Villa, Stoke, Forest have all spent a fortune over the past few seasons and are struggling. 

Mowbray and Rovers relative to them have been a revelation. 

You're entitled to your opinion, as am I.. 

I recall people wanting Big Sam sacked.. Then we got Kean.. 

If that's not a cautionary tale I don't know what is.. 

Mowbray is the only good appointment out of fuck knows low many and you want to roll the dice when we're midtable championship on our guest season bank..

Madness.. 

Edited by Lie_still_Rover

Chapman won't play, Rothwell never plays and Bell can't defend. Dack is good. So when you said he'd invested in young hungry players what you didn't say was they couldn't get a game or were mainly a bit shit. I just finished your sentence for you. I notice you missed out BB. That wouldn't have done your argument much good so you were wise to leave him out. We'll not mention the price. ?

They all have a lot of potential, you're casting massive assumptions. Mowbray has publicly said Rothwell will get games.. 

Just now, Lie_still_Rover said:

Let's sack him them eh? 

Forget the project any momentum, any affinity etc. 

Bomb him out and gamble... 

Aston Villa, Stoke, Forest have all spent a fortune over the past few seasons and are struggling. 

Mowbray and Rovers relative to them have been a revelation. 

You're entitled to your opinion, as am I.. 

I recall people wanting Big Sam sacked.. Then we got Kean.. 

If that's not a cautionary tale I don't know what is.. 

Miwvmbray is the only good appointment out of fuck knows low many and you want to roll the dice when we're midtable championship on our guest season bank.. Madness.. 

Again though you're not engaging with the reasons people have given for not being totally enamoured with him. And only about 5 people out of 120 actually want him sacked so I'm not sure what you're ranting about?