BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

https://blueyedboy.wordpress.com/2019/02/20/rovers-february-fall-brings-poll-piranhas-to-fore/

Jim's a big fan of the poll, he's just too afraid to admit it. ??

This agenda driven article lost any remaining credibility with the line "I heavily suspect though that there are some agents provocateurs who would relish further turmoil."

Seems that suggesting doubts and worries as to the managers ability in terms of a thus far inability to rectify a terrible defensive record stemming from under the inept Coyle and also questioning an at best mixed record in the transfer record is paramount to wishing the team to fail.

• Like 4

On 23/02/2019 at 21:43, roversfan99 said:

Wonder if he will rot away on the bench like Rothwell too?

Like I said, and as the stats prove that you didnt refer to at all. Our defensive record is embarrassing, and will potentially surpass the pathetic one under Coyle. We need a total re-think and revamp.

Basically, because Bell apart, it's generally the same back 4 and keeper as under Coyle!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

https://blueyedboy.wordpress.com/2019/02/20/rovers-february-fall-brings-poll-piranhas-to-fore/

Not getting into the minutiae of the results.. Mainly because it showed over 95% were in favour of the manager staying. Agenda driven, click bait shite from a bitter pillock.

24 minutes ago, Reedy You're A Star said:

Not getting into the minutiae of the results.. Mainly because it showed over 95% were in favour of the manager staying. Agenda driven, click bait shite from a bitter pillock.

When he sticks to football,  music and nostalgia he is a good read. 

Not when he behaves like an "agent provocateur" in parts of his blog and around this MB,  at times. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

I honestly always thought you were him since i joined the forum!!! I thought he wrote his articles under your display name ?

Can now only apologise for such a demeaning judgement ;) 

5 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

When he sticks to football,  music and nostalgia he is a good read. 

Not when he behaves like an "agent provocateur" in parts of his blog and around this MB,  at times. 

Agreed.

His comment re the poll bringing "piranhas to the fore" does not equate to the reality of a near 95% poll in support of TM remaining.

But there is a pattern here and his essential script is always  "I thank, thee, Lord, that I am not like other Rovers fans!"

Rovers fans have already suffered the abuse of their club and themselves by the likes of Anderson and all his media tossers, but that was for obvious dodgy financial ends.

It irks me that someone, who calls himself Rovers fan, just cannot resist cheap jibes and seeking attention by pursuing his Titus Oates agenda on twitter.

• Like 8

Very classless and bitter comments from Mowbray regarding Che Adams, he'd be better of focusing on his own team rather than something that has nothing to do with him.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/rival-boss-said-che-adams-15877735

Some classic Mowbray nonsense spoken in here about Raya for the second goal. He says 'David has found some form in recent weeks, the last disappointment was the goal Bristol City scored where I thought he could have affected the corner kick'. The Bristol game was two games, I'm not sure that one decent game against Middlesbrough constitutes finding form in recent weeks. 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17457039.i-dont-want-to-point-fingers-rovers-boss-on-keeper/

• Like 1

Interesting that article states Raya has made more saves than any other Championship keeper. More shots you face more chance of one slipping through/making a mistake.

Law of averages.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Or just honest maybe? 

It's comes across as very bitter and classless especially after he has just scored 2 goals against us. Che Adams is none of Mowbray's business anyway and if I was him I'd be focusing on the weaknesses of his own squad rather than those of a player who is better than anyone in our entire squad.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

It's comes across as very bitter and classless especially after he has just scored 2 goals against us. Che Adams is none of Mowbray's business anyway and if I was him I'd be focusing on the weaknesses of his own squad rather than those of a player who is better than anyone in our entire squad.

I would imagine he was asked his opinion by the reporter 

1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Agreed.

His comment re the poll bringing "piranhas to the fore" does not equate to the reality of a near 95% poll in support of TM remaining.

But there is a pattern here and his essential script is always  "I thank, thee, Lord, that I am not like other Rovers fans!"

Rovers fans have already suffered the abuse of their club and themselves by the likes of Anderson and all his media tossers, but that was for obvious dodgy financial ends.

It irks me that someone, who calls himself Rovers fan, just cannot resist cheap jibes and seeking attention by pursuing his Titus Oates agenda on twitter.

Hes manipulated the results of an admittedly vague poll to use those who have implied they do not want the manager out but want to see more to suggest that he can take us to the next level as evidence of a majority not backing him full stop.

As you say, 95% have suggested that they would like Mowbray to stay but with various caveats and time scales on what comes next. Its the nonsensical viewpoint that commonly is used by quite a few that almost implies that the manager shouldnt be judged on results that irks the most. Id like to think that no one doubts his integrity or is ungrateful for promotion but its in no way disrespectful to judge a manager on his ability to progress regardless of his character or previous achievements.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

I read it that TM expects Che Adams to be in the premier League - that is reasonably high praise. Think his comments are spot if you Imagine the following words (unsaid) in TMs head: "... because then Che will need a little more to beat decent defenders and not crap like this!"

2 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Very classless and bitter comments from Mowbray regarding Che Adams, he'd be better of focusing on his own team rather than something that has nothing to do with him.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/rival-boss-said-che-adams-15877735

If only we could pick up a young striker that bangs in 20 + goals in the Championship for just  2 million. (33 goals in 103 appearances for Birmingham). Seems the key to him hitting form this season is him being played regularly in the previous two. Be interesting to see if he can do it next season

Don't think the interview comes across as bitter, as somebody else mentioned he was probably asked about him by the reporter on the spot so to speak and just gave his honest opinion.

Edited by perthblue02

2 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Some classic Mowbray nonsense spoken in here about Raya for the second goal. He says 'David has found some form in recent weeks, the last disappointment was the goal Bristol City scored where I thought he could have affected the corner kick'. The Bristol game was two games, I'm not sure that one decent game against Middlesbrough constitutes finding form in recent weeks. 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17457039.i-dont-want-to-point-fingers-rovers-boss-on-keeper/

With regard to Raya it can be argued with justification that he cost us four points against Birmingham alone. His mad moment when conceding the penalty at home gave Birmingham a route back and hope which they capitalised on. Then on Saturday it was another feeble attempt to keep out a tame shot from a tight angle when we were 2-1 up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

Interesting that article states Raya has made more saves than any other Championship keeper. More shots you face more chance of one slipping through/making a mistake.

Law of averages.

Another flashing light that should cause him concern he should've been recruiting to try and protect him a bit more.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

After being repeatedly baffled/annoyed at mowbrays media confusia/nonsense I no longer read it.

After the evening with him the other night it renewed my confidence in him and showed what he says in the media and what he believes are two separate things

• Like 2

On 24/02/2019 at 23:45, blueboy3333 said:

Got to say I usually read these blogs, enjoy and agree but I’m disappointed with this one. As somebody who voted for a change it seemed a very veiled attack at those who have a different opinion to his own. I gave my reasons for wanting a change as others did, mowbray had a lot of questions to answer and some simply don’t think he has the answers. I am open for a healthy debate but the name calling and passive aggressive undertones in this blog are overstepping the mark 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
24 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Bonkers that Jim W has been banned.  

Back to TM, who has suggested in today's LET that the players were at fault for the formation that led to early problems at Brum on Saturday.  A bit worrying that one.

It was about time he was held to account for criticising people elsewhere online without them having a right to reply, in truth.

He said this on Twitter: 'but the moderating on the forum part of that site is basically done by a socially inept bunch of squabbling jackasses. Loathsome people.'  

Now, he's never met me, so I'm not sure how he's reached that conclusion. I'd be happy to meet him at the next home game and disprove his views with him though, as contrary to his view, I'm a sociable person! I don't think the moderating team ever really squabble and the loathsome part is just plain harsh.

I know a number of people on here personally and I doubt they'd regard me as being 'loathsome'. If they did, I suspect they'd not want to bother with me ever again! 

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 8

9 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Got to say I usually read these blogs, enjoy and agree but I’m disappointed with this one. As somebody who voted for a change it seemed a very veiled attack at those who have a different opinion to his own. I gave my reasons for wanting a change as others did, mowbray had a lot of questions to answer and some simply don’t think he has the answers. I am open for a healthy debate but the name calling and passive aggressive undertones in this blog are overstepping the mark 

The only people who have the right to ask questions of any manager are the people who employ him and play his wages.  Manager's certainly don't have to justify decisions they make to supporters but our present one is very good at explaining what he does and why although he has no need to.  Supporters may offer a view on a manager but suggesting that they are accountable to complete strangers for decisions they make seems rather odd.  

Edited by Parsonblue