BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

The problem is that the way Dack has been playing for the last few weeks we aren't going to raise much money by selling him.  Clubs seem to have worked out that if he is marked closely he struggles to make an impact on the game.  Initially there was talk of getting £25 million, then £15 million, I suspect we might end up with around £10 million if we are lucky.

I think you are right.

There are a number of things to consider regarding Dack: Celebrity lifestyle, loss of form ( and motivation ), tendency to look a little heavy, off field issues - court cases, not doing community service on time etc. He's got baggage.

If he's not performing at his best on the pitch then other clubs may decide not to take a risk on him unless he's going for a bargain price.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Yep. Phase one of preparing fans for the departure of the star man is to suggest it may be a sacrifice worth making to generate substantial funds to reinvest (Rhodes and Lambert episode). Phase two is for the 'contract talks' to stall. This will then enable the club to portray Dack as a villain for not signing up to a longer term deal (see the Marshall and Duffy episodes) and to convince fans the problem is the player and he has to go for the good of the club. Phase three is for the player's performances to deteriorate and so convince people that he's no loss if he does go. Phase four is for him to be sold to a Championship rival and for 90% of the cash to disappear into the black hole whilst we moan about a lack of affordable replacements.

Seen it all before.

No doubt about it, Dack will be gone in the summer back down South.  He's living in rented accommodation in Manchester centre and I'd imagine his reality tv Mrs will be a massive influence in his near future. I don't blame him though, he did a good job and hopefully we do reinvest wisely.  We rarely do though.

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not one bit. I went and for me its time the players step up and start doing their jobs properly. They are the ones on the pitch. 

The players in defence arent good enough, and Mowbray has neglected this in the transfer market and blown all of his money on attacking players.

Rodwell is an automatic pick at centre back after one solitary injury, and he is a midfielder. All whilst we have a 7m striker on the bench.

Why no acknowledgement of him seemingly seeing our defence as unworthy of improving over the course of 4 transfer windows?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

I said at the time, IMO, it was madness from Waggott to extend Mowbray's contract to 2022 (think it's 2022).  Just where on earth do we get these CEO's from.

Mowbray appointed him! Couldn’t make it up.

3 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

The problem is that the way Dack has been playing for the last few weeks we aren't going to raise much money by selling him.  Clubs seem to have worked out that if he is marked closely he struggles to make an impact on the game.  Initially there was talk of getting £25 million, then £15 million, I suspect we might end up with around £10 million if we are lucky.

I bet Nottingham Forest would still be able to get £50 million for him.

5 hours ago, Mercer said:

Out of 10 people involved in discussing Rovers last night, 8 (80%) wanted him sacked and 2 (20%) said reassess at end of season.  Not one firm Mowbray person.

involved in discussing Rovers last night? friends of yours? 

The poll is quite clearly that the vast majority are right behind and majority are 100% behind him. Clearly you aren't. 

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I don’t think there is much of a groundswell with the match going fans for his removal.

He still has a lot of credit with folk for the promotion. Be interesting so see if this changes after the two home games we have coming up...

Nope there is none at all in the ground. 

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Dack’s going.

Mowbray was testing the waters when he suggested as much, unprompted, in Blues Bar t’other week.

not sure they will be many suitors for him

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

I said at the time, IMO, it was madness from Waggott to extend Mowbray's contract to 2022 (think it's 2022).  Just where on earth do we get these CEO's from.  The sensible option would have been to put Mowbray on a 12 month roller with a pay rise reflecting last season's promotion.  I feel certain Mowbray would have bought that as I very much doubt there was a queue forming at our doors for his services.  

Also several have mentioned moving Mowbray to a DOF role.  To me, that would be absurd and pointless given, Dack apart, a poor record on player recruitment.

If Mowbray has to be sacked then Waggott should follow him out of the door.  I struggle to see how Waggott has moved our club forward.

Why Madness? cos you don't agree with it. 

The deal for me was spot on and year less than I would have like to see. 

Where are they hiding?  IMV, our football is dire for most of the time - hoof, hoof and more hoof! 

We played 20% of long passes yesterday. 78 long passes out of 388 passes we made. 

take it you suffer from insomnia Chaddy - try either a wee dram or a glass of red, far more

No need for that sort of insult. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

We played 20% of long passes yesterday. 78 long passes out of 388 passes we made. 

That doesn't change the fact that the football that we dish up most weeks is dire. There is nothing inventive or creative in our play, we simply pass the ball around at the back, which goes nowhere and it more often than not ends up with a long ball up to Graham. We are an easy team to defend against as our only attacking options seem to be a long ball into Graham or a bit of magic from Dack. Mowbray talks about evolving the style but it simply hasn't happened and we serve the same old predictable boring rubbish week after week. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

How many passes did we make in the last third? In fact, how many passes did we make in the opposition's half? That would be quite telling.

He's fast turning us into a shower of shite now, what a terrible judgement call not getting some good defenders in and letting one go who could at this moment probably out perform Mulgrew or Rodwell.

Luxury players those two are.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Blue blood said:

Without Dack and with Graham and Mulgrew aging we've a real competition on our hands to whether our defensive woes are more pressing than our lack of attacking prowess. 

Not that I'd trust TM with it but £10 million invested well from Dack in this squad could really make it a top half of the table side. 

This is the problem it's going to end up with loads needing replacing in key areas as well as upgraded the ones who've struggled this season and just aren't really championship level week in week out. That'll cost big money and we've already wasted a window and a load of money on a kid.

As for Mowbrays contract he should be on a rolling one and those on here screaming about a 5 / 10 year contract well I hope you've wobbled your heads now do you never learn ? The punatics don't but his stock was quite high after promotion I suppose and he might have courted interest from elsewhere.

ROVERS TEAM STATS:

Attacking - 11.1 shots per game (21st best in Championship) 

Defending - 13.8 shots against per game (19th worst in Championship)

Goals scored from open play - 24 from 35 games (19th most in Championship)

Goals conceded from open play - 39 from 35 games (3rd most in Championship)

Penalties scored - 7  (1st most in Championship)

Penalties conceded - 4  (5th most in Championship)

Goals from set-pieces - 13  (6th most in Championship)

Goals against from set pieces - 9  (18th most in Championship)

Crosses per game - 15  (joint least in Championship)

Long balls per game - 87 (joint most in the Championship)

GK saves per game - 3.1 (joint 2nd most in Championship)

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/7/Seasons/7379/Stages/16389/TeamStatistics/England-Championship-2018-2019

Edited by blueboy3333
  • Like 6

It's rapidly sinking, but there is still a feeling that if Tony was sacked, someone who'd guarantee relegation be be hired. Saying that, Tony is staying since he has all his former associates in the boardroom and beside him. And he has a long contract.

We have to hope the squad is rejuvenated and Smallwood and the lesser talents are sold in the summer. There needs to be an aggressive leader in the defence for a start.

14 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

When is it acceptable to start booing Mowbray? 

There were lots of murmurings of discontent at Rotherham yesterday. It wasn't chanting or anything but quite a few around were I was questioning his tactics and team selection. That's the first time I've heard anything like that at a game. And fans really do have an absolute right to question things.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

When is it acceptable to start booing Mowbray? 

You can boo whenever you want and chant whatever you want. Wouldn’t personally do it during a game but other than that everyone’s allowed their opinion and can voice it whenever they want. Beauty of free speech.

4 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

In all honesty name one player that you would definitely like to stay next year? I’m open to selling the lot 

Graham, Brereton, Dack, Armstrong, Reed, Travis, Raya, Rothwell and Chapman the only ones for me. The rest I could happily show the door.

If we are truly back in grounghog territory then we are due our one in five or six games stunning performance against PNE. The last one was Hull, what better time to get back on track but no doubt he'll pick a side to try and stop them and spend the run up to the game talking up Nob End ?

The main issue I have with this manager is that by having his own guy as his boss in Waggot, he's basically put himself in a near unsackable position.

Ask yourself is that one example there any different to kean and the agent prick who decided to keep each other in long term cushy jobs? I don't think it is.

Seen a few say he could have walked away if only on 12 months or 24 months. If that was the case he would have to be performing well to get any interest, it's as much about manager hunger as it is player hunger. This manager isn't hungry for that top success.

I don't care what anyone says, it was guaranteed to be promoted last season. Biggest budget, best team, second place. Oh brilliant.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Graham, Brereton, Dack, Armstrong, Reed, Travis, Raya, Rothwell and Chapman the only ones for me. The rest I could happily show the door.

Bereton? On what basis should he stay? He's been poor and had he cost 700k or come through the ranks no one would bat an eyelid at him being canned. 

I'd also keep Bennett - decent in a number of positions and cover in others - Lenihen and Nayambe both for the same reasons and there's enough talent in there that a good manager could make decent/good championship players from. 

I also wonder if a decent manager could make something of Bell although whether as left mid instead I'm not sure. Agree with most of the others you'd keep but think Chapman also has a lot still to prove. 

7 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Bereton? On what basis should he stay? He's been poor and had he cost 700k or come through the ranks no one would bat an eyelid at him being canned. 

I'd also keep Bennett - decent in a number of positions and cover in others - Lenihen and Nayambe both for the same reasons and there's enough talent in there that a good manager could make decent/good championship players from. 

I also wonder if a decent manager could make something of Bell although whether as left mid instead I'm not sure. Agree with most of the others you'd keep but think Chapman also has a lot still to prove. 

I'd keep him on the basis he cost us 7 feckin million and we couldn't recuperate anywhere near that at present. Did forget Lenihan.