BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

Come on Tony. Enough's enough. Time for a new way of playing and bollocks to loyalty. Midweek game in a dire run, what a perfect excuse for changes to put out a team playing in their natural positions....

You would think ?

4 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

The Wigan game is now surely huge. Lose that and there’s big trouble as we’re not winning at Wednesday or Villa.

Trouble is we don’t need a “not loss” we need a win.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

The Wigan game is now surely huge. Lose that and there’s big trouble as we’re not winning at Wednesday or Villa.

Our last 16 games :   W 4  D 3  L 9  = 15 points from 48

Wigan currently 1-1 at Reading, bad tempered affair with both managers' at each others throats, I wonder whether our Tony

will join in on Tuesday if it kicks off then, I have my doubts, he's too easy going, just like his players.

Edited by West Yorks Rover

Can someone with good photoshop skills please put Mowbrays face where Bill Murray's usually goes on the groundhog day poster and Williams where the Groundhog is. Thanks 

Edit. Actually that's a bit harsh singling Williams out. You can use any player apart from Nyambe and Graham 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

31 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Can someone with good photoshop skills please put Mowbrays face where Bill Murray's usually goes on the groundhog day poster and Williams where the Groundhog is. Thanks 

BE9E59D7-F949-456D-8F06-CCB3BA1CDDEF.jpeg

• Like 1

Just now, darrenrover said:

The clamour for Johnson as manager whilst understandable is ridiculous. A decent coach of young lads he may be but a manager of men he definitely ain’t. 

On that basis, no young manager would ever make the step up.

Little or no risk for us until the end of the season, if we didnt get another point we still might not go down. One thing's for sure though, something has to change, it's all gone horribly stale.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Little or no risk for us until the end of the season, if we didnt get another point we still might not go down. One thing's for sure though, something has to change, it's all gone horribly stale.

I’m in agreement regarding something’s got to change but think Jonno isn’t anywhere near for a step up yet (if he ever will be). Make that change now and you’d just create another problem down the line in my opinion.

I like Mowbray but don’t think much of Venus, Lowe or Benson.

Sommats gone seriously Pete tong since January and I’d love to know what. The man to sort it should be Waggott but I’ve more faith in Ben Benson as a goalkeeping coach than I have in Catweezle as a CEO.

A lot of clamour on here for his removal, but as I predicted this morning, there is not even the slightest murmurings against him at Ewood - feel free to correct me, but I’ve heard nothing.

He still has a hell of a lot of good will at home games and that’s not something I see dissipating this season (cataclysmic relegation aside).

Edited by Mattyblue

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

A lot of clamour on here for his removal, but as I predicted this morning, there is not even the slightest murmurings against him at Ewood - feel free to correct me, but I’ve heard nothing.

He still has a hell of a lot of good will at home games and that’s not something I see dissipating this season (cataclysmic relegation aside).

I agree there was little discontent shown towards Mowbray today, & that's because there were extenuating circumstances, (the referee), and you couldn't really fault the effort, for all our obvious shortcomings. 

However, the bottom line is yet another defeat, and seven defeats in eight games means the pressure is certainly beginning to build.

I think there's very little chance he will be sacked before the end of the season anyway, but I don't think supporters opinions will come into the equation anyway, (never has with these owners).

If we can't beat Wigan at home, you have to question where the next win is coming from.

Thank goodness we still have a substantial cushion, (at the moment).

Just now, martonrover said:

I agree there was little discontent shown towards Mowbray today, & that's because there were extenuating circumstances, (the referee), and you couldn't really fault the effort, for all our obvious shortcomings.

If we can't beat Wigan at home, you have to question where the next win is coming from.

Notlob at home would be the next 'shoe-in'.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17488517.rovers-boss-recent-run-shouldnt-overshadow-the-season/

Interviews like this are the most infuriating thing one can read. Focused on what great of a job we did and how much he wants our players to be "enjoying" themselves.

It's not gonna happen, but imagine if we had a certain someone with this mentality back to give them a talking: 

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I agree. I've got a few pals who are Man Utd fans. They were saying exactly the same thing about the Solksjaer appointment 3 months ago. Now they want him signed up permanently !

11 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Wasnt at the game today due to work commitments .. those that were there ..any crowd backlash during/final whistle ? Usually a good indication of enough is enough .?

It's apparent that his fan club on here have become very quiet recently. They were all over the board when we had our good spell after Xmas.

• Like 1