BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

I am totally fed up with all the soundbites, platitudes and b 0 l l 0 c k s that I think Mowbray offers.  Feck his purported values, I want an organised team that plays attractive football, entertains, gets decent results and can be seen to be progressing.

I challenge anyone to articulate a case for Mowbray remaining as Rovers' manager.

Edited by Mercer

1 minute ago, den9112 said:

Darren moore could be available hearing rumors he is about to be sacked

He has been but no thanks, has done nothing in management. That wba team should be a lot better. 

Oh to have those running the club not scared to upset a few fans by getting rid of a club legend. Sometimes tough decisions have to be made for the greater good. Your time is up Tony 

• Like 1

Just now, Mercer said:

I am totally fed up with all the soundbites, platitudes and b 0 l l 0 c k s that I think Mowbray offers.  Feck his purported values, I want an organised team that plays attractive football, entertains, gets decent results and can be seen to be progressing.

I challenge anyone to articulate a case for Mowbray remaining as Rovers' manager.

If WBA can sack Moore after a run of only three matches without a win, then it makes you think tbh. Why should their ambitions be greater than ours.

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

He has been but no thanks, has done nothing in management. That wba team should be a lot better. 

Oh to have those running the club not scared to upset a few fans by getting rid of a club legend. Sometimes tough decisions have to be made for the greater good. Your time is up Tony 

I dont want Darren Moore as manager it was more a tounge in cheek comment based on todays result ..

11 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It's apparent that his fan club on here have become very quiet recently. They were all over the board when we had our good spell after Xmas.

That maybe so TS but just wondered if the crowd made their feelings known in public ..?

• Backroom
Just now, danger19_80 said:

You just know that if we recalled Downing the next game would find our defence a lot more secure. It won't happen but Tony really does over-complicate things.

We can’t do it even if we wanted 

Get more money if we don't agree to a recall clause. Lets not beat about the bush on this one, its the most logical explanation. The decision to allow those defenders out without the option to recall I believe to be at least in part financially motivated.

Just now, Miller11 said:

The “Venky’s have learned from their mistakes” rhetoric has addled some minds... what possible hope can anyone have that any replacement for Mowbray would be anything other than an absolute joke? Which of the 7 appointments they have made give you any confidence they would employ any one of the names mentioned above?

They stumbled across a likeable but limited trier, who replaced a previously unemployable dingle, who replaced a spineless spent force, who replaced a well meaning out of his depth youth coach, who replaced a well connected novice coach, who replaced a misguided attempt to appease the fans, who replaced their beloved Steve fucking Kean.

Each and every one of their appointments has been met by, at best, scratching of heads, and at worst near mutiny. We can all come up with fantasies of who would get the job... and that’s exactly what they’d be.

Mowbray has been adequate in his tenure so far. He looks as though he’s going to start slipping below that level. In my opinion he is worthy of faint praise for modest successes. He’s not the biggest issue.

I’ve said plenty of times he has taken too much credit for last years achievements, but now I think he is shouldering too much of the blame for the shit state of our squad. Yes, our lack of formation and tactical identity is on him, as is his misplaced loyalty to players who helped get us promoted (and relegated in the first place now I come to mention it). But you cannot possibly tell me that Mowbray was given a 7 million budget to do what he pleases with and spunked it all on Brereton? There is something decidedly iffy about that deal, and indeed our whole transfer policy which seems to have a complete make do and mend approach towards the defence - something I keep banging on about, but has been the case since the Rao’s rocked up. I also very much doubt he turned up at Brockhall on his first day and went “hey, these academy coaches are the best I’ve ever seen... let’s get them working with the first team!”.

Mowbray has his failings for sure, but the club remains a basket case. As has been proven since the days of Kean, managerial issues are the tip of the iceberg.

And there, thanks to Miller11, you have it in a nutshell. FOV.