BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It's apparent that his fan club on here have become very quiet recently. They were all over the board when we had our good spell after Xmas.

It’s a bit boring reading you lot raging and calling for the manager’s head all the time because of this poor run.

Wasnt too impressed with everyone tossing each other off (“What?! Negativity? Here???” Style) because you were in the main willing to give him about ten more games.

I think many of us feel we have nothing to add that won’t just go round in circles and descend into bickering.

Hope we turn it round. 

Have fun.

7 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

It’s a bit boring reading you lot raging and calling for the manager’s head all the time because of this poor run.

Wasnt too impressed with everyone tossing each other off (“What?! Negativity? Here???” Style) because you were in the main willing to give him about ten more games.

I think many of us feel we have nothing to add that won’t just go round in circles and descend into bickering.

Hope we turn it round. 

Have fun.

Cop out. The likes of Chaddy & Biz love a good bickering and often instigate them so suggesting they're staying away for that reason is a load of codswallop.

I said before the game that if we lose this it would be the tipping point for many and the poll alone has gone up from 9 to 31 in just two matches.  Still haven't changed my vote yet but something needs to happen and quickly as it is difficult to see how this can be turned round. 

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

Hope we turn it round. 

Have fun.

How many people are you speaking for? You'd be all over this site with yer pal Biz if we went on a winning run. 'Many of us' know that. And when did the thought of `bickering' stop you? You love it! It shows how shit we are that even you and Biz have thrown in the towel. ?

Disappointing. I thought you had more cajones. 

Edited by blueboy3333
  • Like 1

• Backroom

I actually think the reaction is anything but knee jerk , I’ve voted for review at the end of the season but any manager at any club deserves to come under pressure when on a run like we are.

I’d say there would be an issue if you there wasn’t an element of pressure to turn it around.

All it takes is a win against Wigan and all the passive aggressive ‘Mowbray Out’ sarcasm wjll return to twitter 

• Like 2

The thing that gets me with Mowbray , he has not sorted the defence out since he arrived ..Last season we gave away silly goals and this it has been a joke from day one...

It is big rough no nonsense centre halves we need ...Not Guardiola style no contact centre halves !!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

How many people are you speaking for? You'd be all over this site with yer pal Biz if we went on a winning run. 'Many of us' know that. And when did the thought of `bickering' stop you? You love it! It shows how shit we are that even you and Biz have thrown in the towel. ?

A winning run of one is all it takes to have Trust Tony rammed down our throats.

It’s looking like ?? he has done enough this season but his record in the transfer market means that giving him the Summer is a big leap of faith.

There seem to be a lot of fans who see our only choices as mediocre or chaos and opt for mediocre. Why is it so blasphemous to want more?

• Moderation Lead

The most bitterly ironic things for me with Mowbray is that he used to be a central defender, but his teams don’t defend well at all.

Also, we played an incredibly defensive side yesterday and conceded a goal in a meek manner yet again....?

• Like 4

Of course Mowbray’s under pressure, he has been all season. Doesn’t that come with the job? 

Whatever we, as fans, feel about Mowbray it shouldn’t detract from the fact that he is solely responsible for the players he selects, the tactics, formations and ultimately results.

Up to the end of January most of us were reasonably happy with the way things were going (barring the Preston, Wigan and Leeds away fiascos). However our position then was just masking some of the issues that we knew needed to be addressed in the summer and winter transfer windows. This has now comeback to severely bite us in the bum and whatever Mowbray tries, to sort this out, is not working. 

We don’t know what constraints Mowbray is working under but if he chose not to strengthen the defence then he must accept responsibility. Same for strikers, if we buy someone who is not up to the task yet then it’s the managers fault.

Lets hope we can get back to winning ways or his popularity will quickly dwindle amongst those who are still supportive. 

3 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Look, I’m speaking for myself here.

Yes, I love a good “discussion” ?

But when people want a manager gone it becomes a point of no return and 100% impossible to challenge that view. 

Tbh it gets fucking tedious reading about it in every keyboard smashing frothing post if you don’t agree

If I change my mind I’ll probably be back more often to vent, but I’m not there (yet?)

If people are like me they like to share in the fun times and positivity with others on a message board as a leisure activity. No shame in that, it’s not burying heads in the sand.

But it 100% will not be casual “fun” on here now (no matter the results or what happens) until Mowbray is binned off and we have to start the cycle again.

Edited by S8 & Blue

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Look, I’m speaking for myself here.

Yes, I love a good “discussion” ?

But when people want a manager gone it becomes a point of no return and 100% impossible to challenge that view. 

Tbh it gets fucking tedious reading about it in every keyboard smashing frothing post if you don’t agree

If I change my mind I’ll probably be back more often to vent, but I’m not there (yet?)

If people are like me they like to share in the fun times and positivity with others on a message board as a leisure activity. No shame in that, it’s not burying heads in the sand.

But it 100% will not be casual “fun” on here now (no matter the results or what happens) until Mowbray is binned off and we have to start the cycle again.

Fair enough. I suppose if the manager is losing every week then there's not a lot to be positive about. It gets tedious having to watch it. 

See you mid-week. I feel a win coming?

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Fair enough. I suppose if the manager is losing every week then there's not a lot to be positive about. It gets tedious having to watch it. 

See you mid-week. I feel a win coming?

Me too! 

And we WILL beat Wednesday, I’ve been a good boy all year so the gods owe it to me to make my work life bearable.

To not review Mowbrays capabilities as Manager of Rovers at the end of the season would be pure and utter folly.

Nice,honest decent bloke he is but does not possess the ruthless streak required nor do I believe he commands the respect of his Players as much as he should...one of the lads character.

PROGRESSION NOT REGRESSION.

39 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Me too! 

And we WILL beat Wednesday, I’ve been a good boy all year so the gods owe it to me to make my work life bearable.

I hope you are right about beating Wednesday. I work in Preston and I am not looking forward to tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

The most bitterly ironic things for me with Mowbray is that he used to be a central defender, but his teams don’t defend well at all.

Also, we played an incredibly defensive side yesterday and conceded a goal in a meek manner yet again....?

One of the most frustrating things about us is that we play defensively but can't bloody defend. We might as well set up in a more attacking way as we seem to find it impossible these days to keep a clean sheet. In four of the last six matches we've conceded a goal in the first twenty minutes, in the last two it's been in the first ten. In five of the last six we've conceded at least one goal before half time. We simply can't defend despite playing a defensive formation, so what exactly are we doing on the training ground?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

To not review Mowbrays capabilities as Manager of Rovers at the end of the season would be pure and utter folly.

Nice,honest decent bloke he is but does not possess the ruthless streak required nor do I believe he commands the respect of his Players as much as he should...one of the lads character.

PROGRESSION NOT REGRESSION.

Football is a young blokes game, I just think he's out of touch. That's why we had to keep Conway on the books as a sort of go between. The older you get the more cautious you get. I know that from personal experience. I've tied two ladders together with a rope to get up high, now I wouldn't even go up one ladder. Football is no different, it's a job.

2 minutes ago, DE. said:

One of the most frustrating things about us is that we play defensively but can't bloody defend. We might as well set up in a more attacking way as we seem to find it impossible these days to keep a clean sheet. In four of the last six matches we've conceded a goal in the first twenty minutes, in the last two it's been in the first ten. In five of the last six we've conceded at least one goal before half time. We simply can't defend despite playing a defensive formation, so what exactly are we doing on the training ground?

I've been saying for ages we don't look like a team that actually has a coach. Good pub teams these days are better set up to play. Individual players don't win their own personal battles. Centre halves need players screening them, full backs need their wingers to help them out against opposing wingers. It's a joke.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

At any other club he’d be under pressure - end of. We’re obviously not a normal club but you can imagine that they won’t be doing cartwheels after supposedly wanting to go for it this season. 

I wish we were a normal club.

You know, one where we have Centre Backs playing at centre back, not 3 converted midfielders.

A right back at right back, wingers on the wings and strikers up front.

No other club (at least no successful club) surely operates like this?

The more I think about it, the more bonkers it appears. How have we even got ourselves in this situation? Rank bad planning but from who? The owners? The manager? Scouts? Director? All of them? 

Mental 

12 minutes ago, DE. said:

Ah... the “I’m shit with money so I should buy a Ferrari” argument ?

3 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

The thing that gets me with Mowbray , he has not sorted the defence out since he arrived ..Last season we gave away silly goals and this it has been a joke from day one...

It is big rough no nonsense centre halves we need ...Not Guardiola style no contact centre halves !!!

Mulgrew has the best left peg in the Championship probably but from set pieces, very rarely does he play a good pass forward or anywhere he tends to keep it simple. Rodwell similar a tidy player comfortable on the ball but he too doesn't ping it around so having footballing centre halves in this team in this league is all a bit pointless if they aren't good at actual defending. Where are the first to the ball, clear your lines, sniff out danger instead of standing there like lemons when opposition launch a long throw straight to the head of their big target man types ?

They may point to lack of people available to pass to and certainly more quality in the team would help that but yet again we are a basic side with very little flair and they don't have two up top to aim for or put balls in the channels. 

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

At any other club he’d be under pressure - end of. We’re obviously not a normal club but you can imagine that they won’t be doing cartwheels after supposedly wanting to go for it this season. 

Which brings me back to the last window and in some ways the Brereton signing, I think TM was somewhat pacified in summer by being allowed to lavish new deals about and signing one himself.  Then when BB pops up but there's no real investment for good players afterwards or the next window he goes along with it and starts toeing the company line.

How many managers wouldn't be a bit miffed about that type of thing when first and foremost their job is supposed to be getting results at first team level and improving it enough to challenge the top spots in the next few seasons ?  

If previous paths are followed I feel it might all be being primed to grow this team a bit longer the start selling it off !

Just now, tomphil said:

Which brings me back to the last window and in some ways the Brereton signing, I think TM was somewhat pacified in summer by being allowed to lavish new deals about and signing one himself.  Then when BB pops up but there's no real investment for good players afterwards or the next window he goes along with it and starts toeing the company line.

How many managers wouldn't be a bit miffed about that type of thing when first and foremost their job is supposed to be getting results at first team level and improving it enough to challenge the top spots in the next few seasons ?  

If previous paths are followed I feel it might all be being primed to grow this team a bit longer the start selling it off !

Mowbray wanted and signed BB.

If Venkys are in it for the money then the Prem is the only place to be. Making a few quid here on there from transfers in the Championship is small change to what Venky's could earn in the Prem.

• Backroom
14 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Ah... the “I’m shit with money so I should buy a Ferrari” argument ?

I'm not advocating all out attack, but what are we trying to achieve with our current formation? You'd assume soak up pressure and counter attack (as we did a number of times last season) but it's more like soak up pressure and then hoof it up the pitch. I don't see what the point is if we can't defend properly, and the long ball tactic clearly isn't working right now. It feels like we'd be better off trying to get on the front foot a little and make the opposition worry about us, rather than being the other way around in every match. It's not like we don't have attacking players to worry the opposition. Graham is still a good striker and hold up man at this level, Armstrong has good pace, Dack can score and assist. Brereton might even be able to worry opposition defences if he was more central. I just don't understand what we're trying to do at the moment in terms of playing style.

10 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Mowbray wanted and signed BB.

If Venkys are in it for the money then the Prem is the only place to be. Making a few quid here on there from transfers in the Championship is small change to what Venky's could earn in the Prem.

The last fire sale probably went towards the big hole and external loans/overdraft of running costs so a few quid here and there in the Championship might be vital to doing the same for the past few years and next few years. Similar in a way to when under Williams and they trust they ran the overdraft near it's limit then pacified the bank by paying it down from a big sale or two every few years.

They want it run as a more sensible going concern so that might be their speculate to accumulate front loading.

Personally i'm still not convinced TM wanted Brereton certainly not over some decent first team contenders my guessing is it was presented to him late on in that window and in the absence of anything else he ok'd it.

Edited by tomphil