BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

23 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Where we are now, IMO, the name on the manager's door could well read either Kean or C o y l e.

I think, as a football manager, Mowbray is now failing to tick the boxes in almost all areas.

Apart from the fact Mowbray is likeable and the fans aren't against him un masse. Even more reason for the players to buck up and put a performance in tomorrow 

21 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Apart from the fact Mowbray is likeable and the fans aren't against him un masse. Even more reason for the players to buck up and put a performance in tomorrow 

Largely irrelevant.  Most would choose caviar over marmite.

A manager's job is to get results and develop the club in all footballing matters.  IMO, Mowbray is failing badly now.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Where we are now, IMO, the name on the manager's door could well read either Kean or C o y l e.

I think, as a football manager, Mowbray is now failing to tick the boxes in almost all areas.

You could certainly pick quotes from Kean, Coylio and Mowbray and do a Hitler or Trump? inspired Who Said What? quiz and you'd be struggling.

BS.png

10 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Kean.

Mowbray is as bad as Kean now.

Give me strength.

Did Kean ever have a run where we got only 1 point in 7 league games?

IMO, as a unit, we look a disorganised shambles matching the worse of Kean and C o y l e - were we ever as bad defensively under those two?  You cannot disguise the fact that there have been some real abysmal performances this season and not just recently.  All teams lose games but I think the manner of some of our defeats has been horrific. 

Don't give a feck about whether Mowbray is likeable or his purported values.  I pay my money to be entertained by good football and see some decent results and also to see the club develop.  I don't buy the bullsh1t and platitudes that, IMO, have become Mowbray's stock-in-trade. 

Edited by Mercer

Just now, Mercer said:

Did Kean ever have a run where we got only 1 point in 7 league games?

IMO, as a unit, we look a disorganised shambles matching the worse of Kean and C o y l e - were we ever as bad defensively under those two?  You cannot disguise the fact that there have been some real abysmal performances this season and not just recently.  All teams lose games but I think the manner of some of our defeats has been horrific. 

Don't give a feck about whether Mowbray is likeable or his purported values.  I pay my money to be entertained by good football and see some decent results and also to see the club develop.  

Good football, decent results and developing the club. And he's as bad as Kean in those regards.

You also don't care about a conniving criminal snake selling us down the river for personal gain - because Mowbray picks Richie Smallwood or something?

No point us really continuing this discussion because I couldn't disagree more and I'm sure you are just saying this to push some people's buttons.

Ridiculous.

• Like 2

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Good football, decent results and developing the club. And he's as bad as Kean in those regards.

You also don't care about a conniving criminal snake selling us down the river for personal gain - because Mowbray picks Richie Smallwood or something?

No point us really continuing this discussion because I couldn't disagree more and I'm sure you are just saying this to push some people's buttons.

Ridiculous.

Forget any past alleged shenanigans and focus on football matters.  Where we now are with Mowbray in terms of results, performances and development is, IMO, no better than where we were under Kean / C o y l e.

Values count for nothing if you end up running out to play your football at Pleasington.  

Just now, Mercer said:

Forget any past alleged shenanigans and focus on football matters.  Where we now are with Mowbray in terms of results, performances and development is, IMO, no better than where we were under Kean / C o y l e.

Values count for nothing if you end up running out to play your football at Pleasington.  

Look at the stats - saying the results aren't better (apart from the past month or so) is just untrue.

Saying the performances aren't better than some of the turgid 0 shot dross under Kean is fucking myopic.

And the development of the club??? He set us back a decade with his bullshit criminality.

This is one of the most offensively stupid opinions I've ever heard and that's saying something.

Can't believe I'm rising to it.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Largely irrelevant.  Most would choose caviar over marmite.

A manager's job is to get results and develop the club in all footballing matters.  IMO, Mowbray is failing badly now.

Hard to disagree. This season is turning into a desperately disappointing one which, given the lack of attention paid to improving the first eleven, merely looks to be laying the foundations for an inevitable relegation next season.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Look at the stats - saying the results aren't better (apart from the past month or so) is just untrue.

Saying the performances aren't better than some of the turgid 0 shot dross under Kean is fucking myopic.

And the development of the club??? He set us back a decade with his bullshit criminality.

This is one of the most offensively stupid opinions I've ever heard and that's saying something.

Can't believe I'm rising to it.

Leaving aside whether one bloke is a nice guy and the other one isn't, results aren't good though.

Eighteen points from the last twenty games I think it is currently.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Leaving aside whether one bloke is a nice guy and the other one isn't, results aren't good though.

Eighteen points from the last twenty games I think it is currently.

Well everyone knows the results aren't good.

Just absolutely dumbfounded that I'd have to make a case for Mowbray vs. Kean even on the criteria Mercer mentioned.

Beggars belief!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S8 & Blue said:

Well everyone knows the results aren't good.

Just absolutely dumbfounded that I'd have to make a case for Mowbray vs. Kean even on the criteria Mercer mentioned.

Beggars belief!

Unfortunately it does not beggar belief its a results driven business 

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Mowbray let Downing leave because he is a nice man and wanted to be fair to Downing. Wrong move and ultimately to the detriment of the team. 

Letting Grayson and Wharton leave without recall clauses compounded things. 

Poor management and no other description in my eyes. 

Mowbray is either too nice or too naive for his own good. Even if it made Downjng unhappy, he should have kept him here. He would be playing tomorrow and putting himself in the shop window for a move. Now we will have Nyambe and Williams there. I suppose it's good for Tony, becuase it means he can slot/shoe horn Bennett in 

Or...these loan decisions-like the poor transfer window-are all about cost cutting. Not for the first time, putting our league status at risk...again!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Or...these loan decisions-like the poor transfer window-are all about cost cutting. Not for the first time, putting our league status at risk...again!

They've cut back some of the young academy teams too.  Weird ways of working at Rovers. Cut back a load of little things and then chuck £7m on Brereton.

8 hours ago, Pedro said:

They've cut back some of the young academy teams too.  Weird ways of working at Rovers. Cut back a load of little things and then chuck £7m on Brereton.

You've a bloke like Waggott seemingly tasked with making cutbacks and balancing the books whilst you've unpredictable owners responding to a managers request for funds to strengthen the team. Hence the inconsistencies. We haven't any money to do anything but then the owners can turn around and throw multi millions into the transfer pot.

15 minutes ago, JHRover said:

You've a bloke like Waggott seemingly tasked with making cutbacks and balancing the books whilst you've unpredictable owners responding to a managers request for funds to strengthen the team. Hence the inconsistencies. We haven't any money to do anything but then the owners can turn around and throw multi millions into the transfer pot.

The key is that Venky's think they can make millions from a re-sale of Brereton which is why they took the gamble. Obviously can't sell Brockhall as they would like.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Would Waggott actually sack Mowbray? Genuine question.

Or would the decision be made in India and Waggott would just be the mouthpiece?

I had a discussion Saturday about this.

I think it falls on Suhail. If Suhail pushes the button then I think he is gone.

Wasn't he the mystery man who hired C o y l e after Cheston had gone on holiday after drafting Warnock's contract?

13 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Would Waggott actually sack Mowbray? Genuine question.

Or would the decision be made in India and Waggott would just be the mouthpiece?

I suspect the only ones who have any real power to make decisions like that are the owners. Always been the same under their rule.

They would probably get Waggott to do the deed but the decision would come from the top.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mellor Rover said:

I think it falls on Suhail. If Suhail pushes the button then I think he is gone.

Wasn't he the mystery man who hired C o y l e after Cheston had gone on holiday after drafting Warnock's contract?

Yeah I think you're right. Wasn't their a delay of around a month when we fired Coyle though, If I remember this right then Senior wanted to get rid of Coyle but it took nearly a month to get authorised.

3 hours ago, The Axe said:

The key is that Venky's think they can make millions from a re-sale of Brereton which is why they took the gamble. Obviously can't sell Brockhall as they would like.

And whilst we want the club running properly and a sustainable business model to give a platform for a good team in future that kind of thing isn't based around football it's based around making money.

In the meantime the first team is suffering from lack of quality and strength which could ultimately see us back to square one if not careful so it transpires the first bit of success we have under these crackpots and the strange stuff begins again !

Who is really to blame though manager or owners...or the middle men/man ?

35 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

From an ex director the appointments are made away from Blackburn and the first the club officially hears about them is when they are told who's coming the day before.

Been the same with all of them, all cloak and dagger and all 25-1 + shots unemployed flawed managers.

• Like 1