BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

Just now, J*B said:

He might just end up walking here you know.

Depends on how much he knows about what cash is available this summer.

For me he does't have the ability to challenge for a play off spot. We need a change now. 

8 minutes ago, J*B said:

Something I've thought for a while i'm not convinced the last window nor a few of the signings are sitting all that well with him despite what he trots out.  He;s looked a bit weary of late with it all imo.

I'd be in no way surprised if he did a Lambert at some point between now and next season if he finds out the summer plans aren't what he might have expected as I think last window was a warning sign of what's to come again.  They certainly won't sack him I don't think as he fits their criteria perfectly but not sure he'll human shield them for long in the way Kean/Coyle etc did.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

Just now, J*B said:

Intuition / form - he's walked out of jobs before if it's not going to plan.

No chance, got a cushty little number here. Previously he's walked before being pushed, he won't get pushed here by his best pal balaji and Madame.

Just now, tomphil said:

Something I've thought for a while i'm not convinced the last window nor a few of the signings are sitting all that well with him despite what he trots out.  He;s looked a bit weary of late with it all imo.

I'd be in no way surprised if he did a Lambert at some point between now and next season if he finds out the summer plans aren't what he might have expected as I think last window was a warning sign of what's to come again.  They certainly won't sack him I don't think as he fits their criteria perfectly but not sure he'll human shield them for long in the way Kean/Coyle etc did.

That’s pretty much how I see it. I’m still convinced there’s a Balaji/agents investment budget (young, English, attacking) and then there’s Tony’s sell to buy remit. I think when he said money hadn’t been spent he was referring to the Balaji budget - maybe he was pushing back at that point leaving the money on the table but then caved the next window and gave the nod to Brereton. The fact he has referred more than once to selling a Dack (ha!) to strengthen elsewhere I think highlights what his remit extends to. I expect him to walk after the summer window when another Balaji prospect has been shipped in and the defence has been patched up with a couple of frees.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

Is there not a book he could read just to brush up on the bits he’s forgot. Or if he can’t be bothered reading it get our defenders to do it. Set it has homework or something along those lines. Sort of on the job training, nothing official.

Its only a thought because nothing else seems to be working

All he needs to do is get our lineup set up against a height chart to realise that the opposition will target us aerially time and time again. Piss poor management. We’re not Barcelona who can get away with it. It’s the championship FFS.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

13 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

That’s pretty much how I see it. I’m still convinced there’s a Balaji/agents investment budget (young, English, attacking) and then there’s Tony’s sell to buy remit. I think when he said money hadn’t been spent he was referring to the Balaji budget - maybe he was pushing back at that point leaving the money on the table but then caved the next window and gave the nod to Brereton. The fact he has referred more than once to selling a Dack (ha!) to strengthen elsewhere I think highlights what his remit extends to. I expect him to walk after the summer window when another Balaji prospect has been shipped in and the defence has been patched up with a couple of frees.

Nailed it ?

I think the young & investment thing has a totally different agenda to the team itself I've always thought that what bit might get tipped up for buying certain players goes back where it came from with a cherry on top when they've had games and are sold whilst the family firm  under pins seasonal running costs offsetting profits from elsewhere with the help of the SBOI of course. Which all helps navigate tax on the company accounts having an offshore loss maker where on paper about 150 million and rising is 'invested' but basically written off.

I'm sure this type of thing I common in football for those who can navigate around it it's just like rich men investing in race horses really, all a bit of a game.

Edited by tomphil

48 minutes ago, J*B said:

Not a chance.

He's sitting on a cushy contract with at least three years to go.  I said it was madness at the time when he was given this contract and, sadly, I think I am being proven correct.  I have never been convinced with Mowbray, even last season where I think we rode our luck in a p$ss poor league.

Mowbray prattles on about his values but, at the end of the day, I think Mowbray is only concerned about number one.

The team needs rebuilding but I wouldn't trust Mowbray to do it.  Besides being a 'nice man', as some keeep saying, can anyone tell me what Mowbray's strengths as a football manager are?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Tin foil hat stuff.

I’m a huge critic of Tony Mowbray as a football manager but as a man he has far too much integrity to put up with that - and be a lying face of Venkys. He would have quit first.

It’s a no from me.

3 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

All he needs to do is get our lineup set up against a height chart to realise that the opposition will target us aerially time and time again. Piss poor management. We’re not Barcelona who can get away with it. It’s the championship FFS.

I agree and a basic requirement of lower league football ( unless your the most talented team in that league ie rovers league 1) is defensive organisation. Commonly known as the basics. I can’t believe that a manager who has a wealth of lower league experience is unfamiliar with this concept. Yet the facts in terms of the on the pitch antics and the statistics say he clearly doesnt. He has had 2 years to address this not two weeks.

We lack height, pace and aggression our defenders are mainly makeshift midfielders. This was the case when Mowbray arrived and surprisingly has not been addressed. I’m not a professional in this area and may be missing some nuances but if my job depended on not losing and showing progression the easiest method is to not concede goals. Unless as you say you are Barcelona and going to heavily invest in the best attacking talent money can buy which we aren’t. Yet even Barcelona have an organisational shape they fall back into when defending.

I may be wrong but we need not only proper defenders but a clear defensive strategy. I’m at a complete loss at what has been worked on for 2 years but if there is a strategy then it needs changing immediately and if there isn’t we need one. 

For this reason alone questions need to be asked of Mowbray and his team because has I said initially he is failing on the basics which for an experienced man is a worry to say the least

• Like 1

Can a new option be added to the poll?

We need an “out” which reflects time now rather than “for a long time”.

I want to change my vote from assess in the Summer to go now.

Him starting and then singling out Rothwell for blame while protecting his favourites in a makeshift defence is the final straw for me.

Alternative until the end of the season is to promote Johnson.

Been here over two years and still couldn’t, tell you his best formation. I‘ve never seen a manager change formations so often during a game. You have to wonder what he does during the week as far too often we look underprepared    for our opposition and our defence has absolutely no shape or organisation. Bruce has shown what a difference a good manager who organises a defence can make.

Tuesday Reed had his best game for a while in his best position and was my man of the match, yet today he is shunted out wide. Bennett and Williams how are they still being selected. Mowbray words about Bennett are exactly the sort of words that show why no major changes will be made in the summer as he has to much loyalty for very average players. 

As for Rothwell (our best player today) terrible words from Mowbray. Young lads like Rothwell, Raya, Nyambe and Brereton are easy targets to treat badly and publicly criticise. A shame he doesn’t have the bottle to call out some of the older players.

Let’s be honest we are hardly if at all any better now than we were under Coyle, despite the millions we have spent. And that is why he simply has to go. Mowbray Out!

• Like 3

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Been here over two years and still couldn’t, tell you his best formation. I‘ve never seen a manager change formations so often during a game. You have to wonder what he does during the week as far too often we look underprepared    for our opposition and our defence has absolutely no shape or organisation. Bruce has shown what a difference a good manager who organises a defence can make.

Tuesday Reed had his best game for a while in his best position and was my man of the match, yet today he is shunted out wide. Bennett and Williams how are they still being selected. Mowbray words about Bennett are exactly the sort of words that show why no major changes will be made in the summer as he has to much loyalty for very average players. 

As for Rothwell (our best player today) terrible words from Mowbray. Young lads like Rothwell, Raya, Nyambe and Brereton are easy targets to treat badly and publicly criticise. A shame he doesn’t have the bottle to call out some of the older players.

Let’s be honest we are hardly if at all any better now than we were under Coyle, despite the millions we have spent. And that is why he simply has to go. Mowbray Out!

Absolutely.

Time a few woke up and smelt the coffee.

Just now, Stuart said:

Him starting and then singling out Rothwell for blame while protecting his favourites in a makeshift defence is the final straw for me.

You can. just click on 'show vote options' and then re-vote. 

3 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Agreed, the poll is flawed. Back, back until the summer, and sack would be 3 simple options.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

Can't believe 90 people in the poll think he's doing a great job. Last 10 away:-

21 Blackburn Rovers L 3-1 v WIGA.. D 1-1 v MIDD.. L 3-2 v LEED.. L 3-0 v SHEF.. W 2-0 v MILL.. L 5-2 v BREN.. L 2-1 v READ.. D 2-2 v BIRM.. L 3-2 v ROTH.. L 4-2 v SHEF.. 10 1 2 7 15 26 -11 5

Supposedly there are Russian trolls all over the internet so I suspect there are Mowbray trolls all over this messageboard.

Maybe that plank from the LET has got 100 accounts here? ?

Edited by Husky
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

So we’ll get murdered in two weeks at Villa Park then will we Merce?

Wont be putting any money on us at this stage!

4 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

@J*B Please change the poll options. It's like word salad.

Simple choice:-

a) Back him in the summer

b) Sack him now

Nail on head.  It really is that simple.

5 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

@J*B Please change the poll options. It's like word salad.

Simple choice:-

a) Back him in the summer

b) Sack him now

We can't change the options, that requires a new thread

10 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

it's the 'no he hasn't for a long time' option. It's a dreadfully worded poll. 

I know that too but I don’t think he has “needed to go for a long time”. I think the time has come “now”.