BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

1 hour ago, FGS5635 said:

His treatment of Rothwell this year is baffling.

Fair enough if he questions his defensive work, but why then did palmer get game time ahead of him.

Palmer was a less effective show pony going forwards and works far less than rothwell defensivley. Plus palmer wasnt even our player

If we cant stop conceding goals playing pragmatic football and 2 holding mids, then we have to do it another way as the personnel aint changing now.

Get rothwell and chapman either side of dack and push teams back. Find a way to get on the front foot in games and dominate teams.

Its an old cliche that attack is the best form of defense, but in our case its got to be worth a try.

Makes perfect sense. 

If Mowbray makes the argument that he needs to play a Reed or Bennett on one side to make us more solid, then is is talking through his backside. Playing a defensive winger is not the solution  to make a team more solid, particularly if the defence has issues. You start with the defence. 

“If a specific player can dance past someone once or twice a game, it doesn’t mean that he’s helping the team, specifically defensively, throughout the whole 90 minutes.”

Oh f8ck off  Tony, you're starting to sound like an absolute clown. How exactly do you think you have been helping the team defensively given our goals against column this season?

Blaming a player who has started 6 games for our defensive frailties is 'Keanesque'. And if he isn't blaming him and merely explaining why he hasn't started him more, it can hardly get any f7cking worse can it? Throw him in from the start I say. 

• Like 1

Just now, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

“If a specific player can dance past someone once or twice a game, it doesn’t mean that he’s helping the team, specifically defensively, throughout the whole 90 minutes.”

Oh f8ck off  Tony, you're starting to sound like an absolute clown. How exactly do you think you have been helping the team defensively given our goals against column this season?

Blaming a player who has started 6 games for our defensive frailties is 'Keanesque'. And if he isn't blaming him and merely explaining why he hasn't started him more, it can hardly get any f7cking worse can it? Throw him in from the start I say. 

If we had someone who danced passed players I am sure that would be good for the team. Worrying comment indeed, particularly in light of our defensive issues. shows a lack of awareness 

God have I turned into a negative moaner?  

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

If we had someone who danced passed players I am sure that would be good for the team. Worrying comment indeed, particularly in light of our defensive issues. shows a lack of awareness 

Welcome to the dark side, took you long enough.....:rover:

• Like 1

Just now, windymiller7 said:

Mowbray is starting to get on my tits now!

I think we are seeing signs of a man under serious pressure starting to lose the plot.

Is he under pressure though or just annoyed with himself for trusting players who clearly weren't good enough? 

I don't know if he is under pressure because I don't see Waggott sacking him 

Always been full of praise for Mowbray, but for the first time Im starting to get a little concerned. You see it with a lot of managers as they get older, they get quite stubborn and set in their ways. Feels like he's drifting that way on certain things. Hope im wrong and the things he says are for other ears and not the fans

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Is he under pressure though or just annoyed with himself for trusting players who clearly weren't good enough? 

I don't know if he is under pressure because I don't see Waggott sacking him 

I don't think it's pressure from above so to speak. But I think he's very aware that the tide is starting to turn with the fans. Whilst there's no hatred along the Kean/Coyle lines, people will only put up with watching defeat after defeat and listening to the same crap coming out of his mouth for so long and that time is more or less at his doorstep. I also get the feeling that there's a bit of discontent in the ranks adding to the pressure.

So whilst I don't think he's in danger of getting sacked any time soon, he's basically in a job where the boss thinks he's great but all his work colleagues, suppliers and customers, who he used to get on well with, now all think he's a bit of a nob. That sort of pressure starts to manifest it's way out eventually.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Mowbray is starting to get on my tits now!

I think we are seeing signs of a man under serious pressure starting to lose the plot.

Wait until Villa spank us next weekend (I genuinely can see by 4 or 5). I think the wheels are seriously about to fall off.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Wait until Villa spank us next weekend (I genuinely can see by 4 or 5). I think the wheels are seriously about to fall off.

I agree. It will be at least a 3 goal defeat. They have really got going since Grealish returned and we are well, shite. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

22 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

I don't think it's pressure from above so to speak. But I think he's very aware that the tide is starting to turn with the fans. Whilst there's no hatred along the Kean/Coyle lines, people will only put up with watching defeat after defeat and listening to the same crap coming out of his mouth for so long and that time is more or less at his doorstep. I also get the feeling that there's a bit of discontent in the ranks adding to the pressure.

So whilst I don't think he's in danger of getting sacked any time soon, he's basically in a job where the boss thinks he's great but all his work colleagues, suppliers and customers, who he used to get on well with, now all think he's a bit of a nob. That sort of pressure starts to manifest it's way out eventually.

Great analogy ?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Good post. I will say though that discontent from the players is a bit rich. Of course they too will look for an excuse for their inept performances. The only players I would say have legitimate grievances are 

Reed- played repeatedly out of position. 

Rodwell- see above 

Dack- if I was him I would have grievances with every other player as well as Mowbray. Now if Mowbray kept playing him as a centre forward I would say that he could direct it towards Mowbray, but that's not the case. 

Rothwell-probably the one who should be most annoyed. If you look at him and Chapman and ask yourself "will Mowbray ever start both" I think you will start to become very concerned. 

Chapman- see above 

After that I think the rest of the players need to take a look at themselves. Raya, Mulgrew, Williams , Lenihan (on and off) and Bennett have been trusted and havent done the job. 

I won't even cover the middle of the road players like Smallwood, Evans et Al 

Promotion aside, the ‘human beings’, ‘soldiers and artists’, ‘bovril’, ‘jumpers for goalposts’ stuff goes a long way with a lot of fans.

Any other manager we’ve had post Hughes would be getting pelters. I mean look at the shit a top manager like Sam got.

He is still mostly backed to the hilt online (well, not here!) and the games from what I can see.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

If you're moaning TM must be f8cked ?

Just now, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

I think we will score. 6-2 is getting a fiver put on it. 

Yep - I think we’ll grab a consolation or two in typical Rovers fashion but I’m thinking 4 or 5-1. It must be the one match that TM didn’t want next up. As BDS says, they’re on fire right now and scoring shed loads. Fill your boots against us then, lads! Our only hope could be Mercer predicting similar!

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

5 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I think we need a real spanking for the likes of Waggott and our owners to realise things just aren't right.

I think Mowbray is a busted flush and the sooner it's realised by those who make the decisions, the sooner action can be taken to prevent the crack in the dam from breaking and perhaps sinking our club.

Edited by Mercer

Waggott is not going to sack Mowbray.

Door number one: Mowbray walks after we are hammered in the next two games (unlikely as his ‘10 games without a win’ clock has been reset).

Door number two: Mowbray stays and we limp along Bowyer-style next season, minus Reed, Dack and a decent defender.

3 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

We've had loads already

A real drubbing at Villa may well become the 'tipping point'.

Think wheels started coming off in the 4-1 surrender at Preston - 12 league LOSSES in 21 league games including 39 goals conceded and only 21 points won.

Last 9 league games we've lost 7 games including 19 goals conceded and just 4 points won. 

We are regressing at an alarming rate and it simply can't go on.

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Nothing to do with mowbray so sorry about that but is there only me who can see an ad at the bottom of this page for a dating site called my blacky.

Anyway I've signed up and it's going well, I'm just dreading people asking how we met

A BRFCS love story in the making, future podcast material @Herbie6590 ?

5 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

A BRFCS love story in the making, future podcast material @Herbie6590 ?

I'd love to but I can't risk my wife finding out.

We met on my chinky. It's a website for men seeking knights. Good with a sword she is. That's why she can never find out.

Edited by Oldgregg86