BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

2 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

Aren’t these tailored ads which reflect your search history ? ?

No. I had dating sites earlier today, now it's  Luxemburg Times and a Kitchen design out fit.  Actually just gone back to singles dating. None of the above bear any relation to my search history. The ads are typical clickbait. 

Edit: now Luxembourg and kitchens again. 

Edited by AllRoverAsia

17 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Yep - I think we’ll grab a consolation or two in typical Rovers fashion but I’m thinking 4 or 5-1. It must be the one match that TM didn’t want next up. As BDS says, they’re on fire right now and scoring shed loads. Fill your boots against us then, lads! Our only hope could be Mercer predicting similar!

6-2 is 200/1. I'm thinking stick £20 on it and when it's 2/3-1 after 20 odd mins they will offer a tasty cash out option. 

4-1 @ 22/1 & 5-1 @ 75/1 also would give good options. 

3 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

We've moved six points clear of a team originally 3 points above us, without even playing. Thats better than Preston form. Mowbray in! 

Just think how damning it will be when we STILL finish behind them!

18 hours ago, Boroblue said:

Interestingly I think this says a lot about Mowbray general philosophy. When Travis got his chance in the first team the thing that was pleasing to see was the way his first thought was a foward pass or to run with the ball. The result was we played much higher up the pitch. His dip in form coincides with a more play it square approach. Chapman was never trusted because he didn’t understand his defensive duties. Rothwell is just childlike for wanting to run with the ball causing us defensive problems.

In the case of rothwell and chapman why sign them if you want defensive players who don’t run with the ball.Why sign one thing but expect another. Did he not watch them they are attack minded players.

I suspect Rothwell has no intention of changing his style unlike Travis and that’s what annoys Mowbray.

In the long term Mowbray for whatever reason has collected together a good array of attacking talent and is frightened to use them. Which will be his downfall. That coupled with a total inability to buy the appropriate defensive players to give the attackers a platform on which to display their talents.

Its a disjointed philosophy defenders who are midfielders and can’t defend. Foward players who are attack minded and can’t defend no matter how much he berates them. All of it built around the Evans smallwood square ball half way line mentality.

Next season he will have to change or we are relegated 

Great Post. Totally agree. I wish I could think about it like you have on a rational level but I'm too angry.

I will therefore continue with the 'oh f7ck off Tony' approach whilst yourself and others analyse our situation more sensibly. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Great Post. Totally agree. I wish I could think about it like you have on a rational level but I'm too angry.

I will therefore continue with the 'oh f7ck off Tony' approach whilst yourself and others analyse our situation more sensibly. 

It's possible to think rationally and be angry at the same time. I've managed it. 

As for Mowbray he should be removed at the end of the season. I sense a terrible start to next season otherwise. Replacement? Well I suggested Jason Wilcox in the past and he's the first I would approach. Barring that (perhaps he does not want to be a first team manager) then another up and comer OR seek abroad. Wolves, Fulham (until pretty much day 1 of this season) and Leeds have done just fine (albeit Leeds not promoted yet) so sticking to domestic coaches only is narrow minded thinking.

Edited by Vinjay17

Yep.

He likes buying attaking players but won’t play them because they ‘don’t help the defensive side’

Yet, won’t bring in an actual centre half, relying on converted centre mids and usually has at least one midfielder at full back as well.

Crackers.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Boroblue said:

Interestingly I think this says a lot about Mowbray general philosophy. When Travis got his chance in the first team the thing that was pleasing to see was the way his first thought was a foward pass or to run with the ball. The result was we played much higher up the pitch. His dip in form coincides with a more play it square approach. Chapman was never trusted because he didn’t understand his defensive duties. Rothwell is just childlike for wanting to run with the ball causing us defensive problems.

In the case of rothwell and chapman why sign them if you want defensive players who don’t run with the ball.Why sign one thing but expect another. Did he not watch them they are attack minded players.

I suspect Rothwell has no intention of changing his style unlike Travis and that’s what annoys Mowbray.

In the long term Mowbray for whatever reason has collected together a good array of attacking talent and is frightened to use them. Which will be his downfall. That coupled with a total inability to buy the appropriate defensive players to give the attackers a platform on which to display their talents.

Its a disjointed philosophy defenders who are midfielders and can’t defend. Foward players who are attack minded and can’t defend no matter how much he berates them. All of it built around the Evans smallwood square ball half way line mentality.

Next season he will have to change or we are relegated 

? or ??

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17535359.rovers-boss-reveals-transfer-plans-after-defensive-injuries/

Tony is on fire this morning.

I will paraphrase the best bits so no one has to suffer the LT website;

“I’ve talked about it for a few weeks now. It’s an area of the pitch that we have to strengthen.

“When I say strengthen I mean add competition."

Firstly; a few weeks Tone? A few f7cking weeks? 

Secondly; I could 'add competition' to our back-line at the minute, and my touch is further than most people can kick it. Again this screams of him not wanting to upset his favourites. It's pathetic.

“Ultimately it doesn’t matter to me who plays in the team, the team has to win, and when you win you stay in the team. I’ve said that to them all."

Firstly; what?

Secondly; the team isn't winning is it T? 

“I talk about the depth. Jack Rodwell’s a midfield player who we’ve converted into a centre half and when he’s played I think he’s done extremely well and is very focussed on his job."

You converted him Tony you wand, stop clawing for excuses it's ruining a lot of the good work you have done. 

“We want to create competition in our team with what you might called stereotypical old-fashioned defenders who want to head the ball, defend and be the main man at the back.”

Why are you realising this 87 days later than everyone else? You had the opportunity to strengthen that area in January and didn't. 

• Like 1

Just now, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17535359.rovers-boss-reveals-transfer-plans-after-defensive-injuries/

Tony is on fire this morning.

I will paraphrase the best bits so no one has to suffer the LT website;

“I’ve talked about it for a few weeks now. It’s an area of the pitch that we have to strengthen.

“When I say strengthen I mean add competition."

Firstly; a few weeks Tone? A few f7cking weeks? 

Secondly; I could 'add competition' to our back-line at the minute, and my touch is further than most people can kick it. Again this screams of him not wanting to upset his favourites. It's pathetic.

“Ultimately it doesn’t matter to me who plays in the team, the team has to win, and when you win you stay in the team. I’ve said that to them all."

Firstly; what?

Secondly; the team isn't winning is it T? 

“I talk about the depth. Jack Rodwell’s a midfield player who we’ve converted into a centre half and when he’s played I think he’s done extremely well and is very focussed on his job."

You converted him Tony you wand, stop clawing for excuses it's ruining a lot of the good work you have done. 

“We want to create competition in our team with what you might called stereotypical old-fashioned defenders who want to head the ball, defend and be the main man at the back.”

Why are you realising this 87 days later than everyone else? You had the opportunity to strengthen that area in January and didn't. 

Already added this link in the summer transfers thread. 

Yeah Mowbray us right to add players and compete with other squad members for a place in the team. No one including Dack or Graham should be given automatic place. The team should be pick on form and tactics. It isnt pathetic it just more Mowbray Bashing and complaining by a few. The majority of Rovers fans are happy with Mowbray as Manager, it just a few people.

Mowbray has a plan, lets him get on with it and put it in place. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

• Moderation Lead

It's not pathetic Mowbray bashing though, is it?

People are annoyed at our defence being a major problem. You go to enough games, you should have noticed the amount of goals we've conceded lately. 

• Like 2

I wouldn't read into what he says in LT to much.

Ultimately he's made his bed and now he lying in it. He still has x amount of games left and has to use what he has. He has to keep them motivated somehow and slating them the day before a game and constantly talking of signing new players isn't going to fire them up. 

I'm hoping in reality he realises we need new Defenders, hence the contradictory language.

I was more concerned with his comments about Davenport, saying that anyone expecting him to come in and boss the midfield is going to be disappointed and he sees him only playing in a midfield three. (paraphrasing) the article is in the LT. 

8 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

Incredible. No defender, bar Lenihan, can head the ball. Kevin Gallagher has said this on Radio Lancs.

Press conferences shouldn't be held if there's nothing to say.

Thought exactly the same thing. He knows what's wrong and he's going to fix it! So why not in January?

Its the defence!!!!   :wacko:

Why is he always months behind the fans?

Next he'll be saying we need a more settled side with players in their best position!

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Already added this link in the summer transfers thread. 

Yeah Mowbray us right to add players and compete with other squad members for a place in the team. No one including Dack or Graham should be given automatic place. The team should be pick on form and tactics. It isnt pathetic it just more Mowbray Bashing and complaining by a few. The majority of Rovers fans are happy with Mowbray as Manager, it just a few people.

Mowbray has a plan, lets him get on with it and put it in place. 

I see no evidence of a plan unless it's to field a team of nine midfield trundlers, a goal keeper and a striker. City tried a similar thing before the " Total Football " concept  way back in the 1960's and the manager got fired after they were getting banged every week.

• Backroom

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17535371.mowbrays-no-sulk-message-to-rovers-academy-graduates/

so do we need to win games so need to get rid of any youth and stick to the players we ‘trust and know’

Fatal flaw in your logic Tony, those same players have been awful for a good while!

Edited by Tom
  • Like 2

Just now, Tom said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17535371.mowbrays-no-sulk-message-to-rovers-academy-graduates/

so do we need to win games so need to get rid of any youth and stick to the players we ‘trust and know’

Fatal flaw in your logic Tony, those same players have been awful since Christmas!

I've stopped listening to Mowbray. I want the team to do the talking from now on.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Tom said:

Fatal flaw in your logic Tony, those same players have been awful for a good while!

Anyone expecting him to make any major changes in the summer is going to be terribly disappointed, he has blind faith in this group of players. A while back he was saying that he wouldn't be afraid to give youngsters a chance, yet despite being on a dreadful run he keeps his faith in those who have been primarily responsible for the run. Another example of him saying one thing and doing another. I think that his handling of our younger players is truly terrible. 

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Anyone expecting him to make any major changes in the summer is going to be terribly disappointed, he has blind faith in this group of players. A while back he was saying that he wouldn't be afraid to give youngsters a chance, yet despite being on a dreadful run he keeps his faith in those who have been primarily responsible for the run. Another example of him saying one thing and doing another. I think that his handling of our younger players is truly terrible. 

He seems to be terrified of giving anyone new a chance, especially if they're a forward thinking player! Not to mention being terrified of the opposition!

53 minutes ago, Tom said:

Trust and know are to different things 

Ask my ex wife