BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

27 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Anyone expecting him to make any major changes in the summer is going to be terribly disappointed, he has blind faith in this group of players. A while back he was saying that he wouldn't be afraid to give youngsters a chance, yet despite being on a dreadful run he keeps his faith in those who have been primarily responsible for the run. Another example of him saying one thing and doing another. I think that his handling of our younger players is truly terrible. 

He's tied most of them to the club and us to them so shifting them even if he wants to will be very difficult. He'll keep more or less the same core group and use his back ups and youngsters to fill in the gaps.

I think we'll be like that for a while now whilst natural wastage makes room for incomings then at some point there'll be a raft of sales again to plug the finances.  All points to the midtable stability model again but they'll have to be smarter with the outs and ins so we don't end up like we did when Coyle bull @#/? his way into the job.

I'd wager next seasons first day line up doesn't differ much from   Raya,  Nyambe,  Lenihen#  Mulgrew   Williams,  Bennett,  Smallwood, Evans, Armstrong, Samuel, Graham

Dack will be gone and Lenihen might attract a good bid.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Already added this link in the summer transfers thread. 

Yeah Mowbray us right to add players and compete with other squad members for a place in the team. No one including Dack or Graham should be given automatic place. The team should be pick on form and tactics. It isnt pathetic it just more Mowbray Bashing and complaining by a few. The majority of Rovers fans are happy with Mowbray as Manager, it just a few people.

Mowbray has a plan, lets him get on with it and put it in place. 

Ths post of someone who not only is totally behind Mowbray, which is fair enough, but is incapable of considering any criticism of him no matter how constructive.

You say let him"get on" with his plan but many dont see a plan, dont see progression and looking at the trajectory of our season its understandable. We arent a team that seems to be getting better, we are getting worse. And we wont get near the top 6 if we are incapable of defending and thats solely down to Mowbrays recruitment and organisation. We have one centre back who can head a ball, one who Mowbray inherited 2 years ago. We have a 7m striker who has started 3 games and not scored, yet we dont have 2 defenders who can head a ball. Pathetic.

Players like Smallwood, Conway, Evans and Williams were "rewarded" with new deals and Bennett is first name on the team sheet. Im sure all (bar maybe Evans if unfit) will probably be in the squad tomorrow for a game with little riding on it, with the likes of Chapman, Davenport and Butterworth left behind. The former players wont get us into the top 6, hes got a room for a little experiment, to find players who can help us going forward, not the same tired and tested crap who will bore us to death.

The poll for whatever reason has not been re done with much clearer answers as was promised however I suspect that the out/in ratio may have changed since the last count. However, crucially, even many of those happy for Mowbray to remain can see that there are reasons to be worried and things that arent right.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Already added this link in the summer transfers thread. 

Yeah Mowbray us right to add players and compete with other squad members for a place in the team. No one including Dack or Graham should be given automatic place. The team should be pick on form and tactics. It isnt pathetic it just more Mowbray Bashing and complaining by a few. The majority of Rovers fans are happy with Mowbray as Manager, it just a few people.

Mowbray has a plan, lets him get on with it and put it in place. 

His plan was firmly established when he awarded the contract extensions to his "men" earlier this season.

For the foreseeable future our first team will be built around those players,  you know the ones who failed in the Championship last time and got us relegated into L1 and then secured unbounded praise for getting out of a tinpot. 

I suspect that the majority of Rovers fans have known of the need to strengthen at CB,  months before at long last Mowbray shouts Eureka!!! And if we end up with Bauer it simply proves we were willing to wait for the cheapest defensive option. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17535371.mowbrays-no-sulk-message-to-rovers-academy-graduates/

so do we need to win games so need to get rid of any youth and stick to the players we ‘trust and know’

Fatal flaw in your logic Tony, those same players have been awful for a good while!

Mowbray "but at this moment we need to win football matches with the players that we trust and know, players who have done so well for so long for us"

Delusional claptrap. 

3 hours ago, Tom said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17535371.mowbrays-no-sulk-message-to-rovers-academy-graduates/

so do we need to win games so need to get rid of any youth and stick to the players we ‘trust and know’

Fatal flaw in your logic Tony, those same players have been awful for a good while!

Done so well for so long?  Has he.been on another planet for the last two months.

4 hours ago, Stuart said:

Does his plan involve defenders?

It hasn’t so far.

Staurt, He told fans at the meeting that was held by the club what his plan was? do you not attend or read people review of it on here or the LT interview. 

since then he has discuss his plans for next season

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Ths post of someone who not only is totally behind Mowbray, which is fair enough, but is incapable of considering any criticism of him no matter how constructive.

You say let him"get on" with his plan but many dont see a plan, dont see progression and looking at the trajectory of our season its understandable. We arent a team that seems to be getting better, we are getting worse. And we wont get near the top 6 if we are incapable of defending and thats solely down to Mowbrays recruitment and organisation. We have one centre back who can head a ball, one who Mowbray inherited 2 years ago. We have a 7m striker who has started 3 games and not scored, yet we dont have 2 defenders who can head a ball. Pathetic.

Players like Smallwood, Conway, Evans and Williams were "rewarded" with new deals and Bennett is first name on the team sheet. Im sure all (bar maybe Evans if unfit) will probably be in the squad tomorrow for a game with little riding on it, with the likes of Chapman, Davenport and Butterworth left behind. The former players wont get us into the top 6, hes got a room for a little experiment, to find players who can help us going forward, not the same tired and tested crap who will bore us to death.

The poll for whatever reason has not been re done with much clearer answers as was promised however I suspect that the out/in ratio may have changed since the last count. However, crucially, even many of those happy for Mowbray to remain can see that there are reasons to be worried and things that arent right.

Yet again pal we have discuss my view on Mowbray and his future to death over the pass few days, weeks and Months do we really need to discuss them again? 

Some don't see a plan and some do. Its about opinion

We discuss the Chapman, Davenport against Conway, Bennett, Smallwood debate yesterday on a different social media site. do we really NEED to discuss again? 

What another poll? for what purpose? 

I have said to you personally either on here or other social media we discuss Rovers issues on that everything is right and I don't have concerns? No I haven't so we post the last sentence? 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Staurt, He told fans at the meeting that was held by the club what his plan was? do you not attend or read people review of it on here or the LT interview. 

since then he has discuss his plans for next season

I must have slept through it - a bit like our defenders during practise drills - what did he say his plan was?

Edited by Stuart

7 hours ago, tomphil said:

He's tied most of them to the club and us to them so shifting them even if he wants to will be very difficult. He'll keep more or less the same core group and use his back ups and youngsters to fill in the gaps.

I think we'll be like that for a while now whilst natural wastage makes room for incomings then at some point there'll be a raft of sales again to plug the finances.  All points to the midtable stability model again but they'll have to be smarter with the outs and ins so we don't end up like we did when Coyle bull @#/? his way into the job.

I'd wager next seasons first day line up doesn't differ much from   Raya,  Nyambe,  Lenihen#  Mulgrew   Williams,  Bennett,  Smallwood, Evans, Armstrong, Samuel, Graham

Dack will be gone and Lenihen might attract a good bid.

Spot on unfortunately, same as last season's League One team. At least 10 of them will start in August.

Anyone we do sign will be left to 'build fitness' for 6 months, by which time any positivity will have been sucked out of them.

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

No. A simple a google search will give you your answer or look at the Mowbray thread when he met fans at Ewood Park

It's about time it dawned on you that what Mowbray says and what actually happens out on the pitch are two entirely separate issues. That's why I no longer listen to anything he says.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It's about time it dawned on you that what Mowbray says and what actually happens out on the pitch are two entirely separate issues. That's why I no longer listen to anything he says.

Agreed. Same goes for Mowbray too! ;) 

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/march/young-pair-edging-closer-to-a-first-team-outing/

"He (Davenport) has a sweet left foot, can manipulate the ball and pass the ball around for us. Again, I wouldn’t be sitting here thinking that he’ll be a kingpin in midfield, he’ll be more of a cog in the wheel. He can be one of three, that’s how I see Jacob really."

One of 3 what? Stooges, Wise Men, Degrees? And didn't he play well for Burton in a midfield 2? And as Mowbray tends to play a midfield 2 where does that leave Davenport?

Answers to @BrockhallBollocks

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/march/young-pair-edging-closer-to-a-first-team-outing/

"He (Davenport) has a sweet left foot, can manipulate the ball and pass the ball around for us. Again, I wouldn’t be sitting here thinking that he’ll be a kingpin in midfield, he’ll be more of a cog in the wheel. He can be one of three, that’s how I see Jacob really."

One of 3 what? Stooges, Wise Men, Degrees? And didn't he play well for Burton in a midfield 2? And as Mowbray tends to play a midfield 2 where does that leave Davenport?

Answers to @BrockhallBollocks

I saw that . Very strange comments

Just now, Stuart said:

Agreed. Same goes for Mowbray too! ;) 

Talk is cheap Stuart, time for some action out on the pitch now. Tomorrow would be a good time to start.

I got a text from my son today regarding the manager, he sees most of our games -

" I'm still not Mowbray's biggest fan. We haven't majorly improved since he took over. If we didn't have Dack and Graham we'd be struggling. If he's still here next season I think we'll struggle. "

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Talk is cheap Stuart, time for some action out on the pitch now. Tomorrow would be a good time to start.

I got a text from my son today regarding the manager, he sees most of our games -

" I'm still not Mowbray's biggest fan. We haven't majorly improved since he took over. If we didn't have Dack and Graham we'd be struggling. If he's still here next season I think we'll struggle. "

Couldn’t agree more if you were Mowbray and I was Chaddy.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I agree. Once pre-match pressers became a thing I stopped paying attention as they are trying to fill far more airtime/pages than there are sensible things for a manager who headed 10,000 wet case-n-bladders to say. The last one worth listening to was Souness IMO.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tom said:

I just don't think Mowbary is handling the young ones correctly.  I don't think he is giving them proper motivation in fact I feel he is proper de motivating them.  There's a stick and a string but the carrot is missing.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, USABlue said:

I just don't think Mowbary is handling the young ones correctly.  I don't think he is giving them proper motivation in fact I feel he is proper de motivating them.  There's a stick and a string but the carrot is missing.

Not the same level but compare and contrast with what Southgate is doing with the England set up. If you do well in the U21s then you are promoted to the first team. Even at the expense of the old guard. Even in tough away qualifiers.

Yes, Southgate is choosing from a pool of quality players but it’s all relative. Are any of our first team players really stepping up or even under any pressure to step up?

We’ve got money to spend, but we are keeping our powder dry (still can’t believe we didn’t strengthen in January when within 3 points of sixth!); we’ve got an excellent youth set up, but only call on them when we are desperate before sending them back; we have a manager who keeps doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

But don’t worry, there’ll be jam tomorra!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

I agree. Once pre-match pressers became a thing I stopped paying attention as they are trying to fill far more airtime/pages than there are sensible things for a manager who headed 10,000 wet case-n-bladders to say. The last one worth listening to was Souness IMO.

Not really. Mowbray has a pre-match and a post-match interview. Like all managers he uses them to justify/explain/whatever his team selections/tactics/results etc. The trouble with Mowbray is that he opens himself up to criticism by contradicting himself at every turn in his desperate attempt to deflect attention away from his own poor decisions regarding selections/tactics/results etc. 

And Souness talked utter shite. My personal favourite was when he said the criticism of Amoruso was because of how he looked i.e. fans were jealous of his physique and gorgeous flowing locks. True story.  

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

Not really. Mowbray has a pre-match and a post-match interview. Like all managers he uses them to justify/explain/whatever his team selections/tactics/results etc. The trouble with Mowbray is that he opens himself up to criticism by contradicting himself at every turn in his desperate attempt to deflect attention away from his own poor decisions regarding selections/tactics/results etc. 

And Souness talked utter shite. My personal favourite was when he said the criticism of Amoruso was because of how he looked i.e. fans were jealous of his physique and gorgeous flowing locks. True story.  

I might have been jealous of his physique but I wasn't jealous of his lack of pace.