BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

You've got to laugh.

Started his career in Scotland, had a couple iof good seasons then came down to a Championship club where he did really well to get them promoted. From then on his career went downhill with several sackings and times out of the game. Has an ape like head. Who am I describing?

Just now, McClarky said:

You've got to laugh.

Started his career in Scotland, had a couple iof good seasons then came down to a Championship club where he did really well to get them promoted. From then on his career went downhill with several sackings and times out of the game. Has an ape like head. Who am I describing?

Lambert?

• Like 2

if mowbray can sort the defence out,which he should be able todo as he was a decent centre back then we have a chance,clownpants did not have any idea about defence,i wonder if he will give raya a go in the nets?the midfield needs a overhaul but we have decent players in this department just overlooked by coil.

At each of the last five clubs he has managed, he has won more games than he has lost and has an overall win rate of 42%. He is well thought of by the supporters of those same clubs and comes across as a decent guy.

Bearing in mind our current status and how far we have fallen over the last six years or so, I think we may have been rather fortunate securing his services. Yes, there are one or two names that could be deemed to offer more than him but, would they have come here?

I wish him the best.

• Like 4

Been reading a lot of comments on Coventry boards a lot liked Mowbray especially for keeping em up but with the next round of cost cutting and behind the scenes going ons the big question is why come here and work under Senior/venkys as a head coach when if he does keep us up what will happen in the summer apart from at Celtic after initial success at each club Mowbrays been at the high earners have been shipped out...then Mowbrays magic seems to end

4 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

If by a miracle we stay up, with the way the club is now being ran and cut to death then surely you realise next season we will be the favourite for the drop anyways?

Why delay the inevitable?

Its depend whether you think that will happen. last summer recruitment by Coyle didn't help the time enough.

4 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Senior is CEO/COO he does everything apart from finance and coaching. He is a twxx.

Senior is director of football and operations. Now we appointed a head coach Senior will now control Transfers in and out.

1 hour ago, OJRovers said:

First job should be to make Mulgrew captain.

I agreed

9 minutes ago, JAL said:

Rovers needed a strong manager right now who's in full control ......not a match day lapdog and a couple of lackies under the agents watch.

I did when Senior came in he would want his own choice in and it being a head coach not a manager. And 6/7 weeks this has happened.

Does anyone know whether a new goalkeeper coach with come in or with we used the academy keeper coach?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Senior is director of football and operations. Now we appointed a head coach Senior will now control Transfers in and out.

unfortunately Chaddy even if as we all hope Mowbray keeps us up      the above is were it'll end in tears..........

My view is he thinks he can keep us  up and as seen it as a good opportunity to get back into football...keep us up and he'll move on .

.if he doesn't keep us up he can always say wasn't his team , off the field issues etc ..for 15 games it's a no brainer even if it doesn't work out and he gets the sack he'll get his 18 month pay off

Edited by Athlete

As with a number of posters, my initial reaction was one of being completely underwhelmed and disappointed, but having reflected and done my research on him, he has my full support. 

Seems a decent honest straight talking bloke which is something we haven't been used to for the last 9 months. Had to overcome personal tragedy with death of his first wife at early age in 1995.

His record really isn't that bad at all. Kept Boro and Coventry up when appointed at similar time and circumstances as this.

Most fans at his previous clubs seem generally positive about him. The link to the Coventry site is evidence of this. His biggest failure seems to be at Celtic where he was sacked with them being in 2nd place having won 17 out of 30 games albeit 10 points behind Rangers.

i really struggled to get excited about Rovers under Coyle. 

Edited by david brent
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Lambert?

Mowbray or Coyle. Their careers are so similar. Hearts fans used to sing about his having a monkey's head when he was at the Hibees at the start of his career. Started well until he got WBA promoted but failed everywhere since 2008.  Main thing for me is we got rid of 4 and brought in 1, huge cost cutting exercise. No-one could succeed at this circus so expecting more failure.

After the initial bolt out of the blue shock this morning I am coming round to the idea of Mowbray. He seems a decent bloke who has been well liked almost everywhere he has been and has a decent record in this division. Things unravelled at Coventry though which is perhaps the most similar structure to what he'll be getting here with disinterested dodgy owners only interested in cutting costs and a joke setup with muppets running the operation.

I actually sympathise with him because it wasn't long since he was regarded as a top manager at this level after WBA and Middlesbrough, two locally owned professionally run clubs, fast forward a few years and he's having to work for SISU and Venkys to get jobs on what I expect will be low wages.

Do I blame him for coming here? Certainly not. Out of work for 6 months after leaving Coventry bottom of League One - he needs to get back to work and repair his reputation and the chance of getting back in to the Championship might not come back up again any time soon. If he keeps us up his reputation will be enhanced again. 

I am a little concerned about the staffing appointments, but I suppose only time will tell. If it is the case that Mowbray has set out to appoint from within so that he can tap in to their existing knowledge of the club and squad and hit the ground running then that's fine, makes some sense. If however, and I'm suspicious that this is the case, that Lowe and Dunn were always going to be promoted, and have been waiting in the wings for some time for this, and managerial candidates were told that they would have to work with them before getting the job, and Mowbray was willing to do this despite preferring to have his own men in place, then this could be another disaster. No manager or head coach will last successfully at a club where he can't even be trusted or backed to recruit his own coaching staff. 

The 'Head Coach' title is unsurprising. This is what Senior has been angling for since he arrived. Again only time will tell but given no money is going to be spent either way we can probably forget squad strengthening any time soon. Despite being 'manager' Kean was a head coach as he took instructions from above as to who he was selling and signing.

I wish him the best of luck, hope it works out, but expect either way it won't last.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, davulsukur said:

As this has Seniors paws all over it, it will be interesting to see what happens with Lucas Joao.

Clownpants clearly didn't want him only subbed him on once (against Leeds) was left on the bench at both QPR and Rotherham.

He was clearly Seniors signing.

Andy Bayes at radio Lancs swears blind that Jaoa was one Coyle wanted.