BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

The interview with TM is a superb read. It gives further insight into his character and in the article he comes across as everyone has always suspected, as a man of great integrity. 

However it also tends to confirm what some of us have been saying about being too loyal to existing players. If you struggle with leaving players out of the team you're not going to get very far, and you're going to be even less inclined to replace those players altogether with better ones.

He also comes across as incredibly old school which being of roughly the same age  I think is great but you do wonder how the "Luxury!  We had to get up an hour before we went to bed t' lick road clean" sort of approach will wash with the younger generation of players many of whom are already earning thousands of pounds a week.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

He also comes across as incredibly old school which being of roughly the same age  I think is great but you do wonder how the "Luxury!  We had to get up an hour before we went to bed t' lick road clean" sort of approach will wash with the younger generation of players many of whom are already earning thousands of pounds a week.

I think the team spirit and respect that the players have for TM, plus the way players such like Dack talk about him in such glowing terms (saying he is "a father figure" to him) prove that this is not the case.

I think TM is pretty high on the emotional intelligence scale and knows how to manage people decently at the very least..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The interview with TM is a superb read. It gives further insight into his character and in the article he comes across as everyone has always suspected, as a man of great integrity. 

However it also tends to confirm what some of us have been saying about being too loyal to existing players. If you struggle with leaving players out of the team you're not going to get very far, and you're going to be even less inclined to replace those players altogether with better ones.

He comes across very well every time I hear him. He also says he knows how footballers think and this certainly seems to include the young turks like Dack!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

He comes across very well every time I hear him. He also says he knows how footballers think and this certainly seems to include the young turks like Dack!

Hopefully so. I wouldn't exactly call Dack a "young Turk" though, he must be around 25 and I think comes firmly into the "senior pro" category in TM's eyes.

If TM's dear old Dad is still with us and tried to tell him about George Best these days he'd probably be met with "Come off it Dad, an hour of Craig Conway patrolling up and down the line is better than these flying wingers!."

?

10 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Wait til the LT either shuts down or bans comments, give it a week until we see tallrover joining this cesspit of doom.

He’s already on the books!

(Probably lurking, with TheRovers Facebook page and the LT open in the background).

I know Mowbray has a reputation for having his team's being fit. However again tonight too many of our players looked on their last legs towards the end of the 90 as has been a common theme this season and it has cost us again tonight. Also I have never known a side have so many players miss games through illness. For me the fitness or rather lack off is a real problem for this team and that lies with the manager.

Edited by Ewood Ace

I reckon that is the first time in at least 3 years of him being involved that the club has officially confirmed the presence/involvement of Pasha and his photograph.

Sounds lovely but I'm not sure how much it changes things. All the people there were already here and doing the same jobs before this new 'team' was announced.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

At least it brings a bit of clarity to who does what even the man from the shadows has emerged and given himself a job title or three.

I still remember Cheston's "performance" in the supporters' meeting, when he was trying to field important questions about the role of the one in the shadows. Later, someone told me that  Mr Non- Work Permit was actually in the shadows in the room next door to the meeting!

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I still remember Cheston's "performance" in the supporters' meeting, when he was trying to field important questions about the role of the one in the shadows. Later, someone told me that  Mr Non- Work Permit was actually in the shadows in the room next door to the meeting!

That wouldn't surprise no wonder he was floundering a bit then.

Also I see he has yet another name ?