BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

Yes, it's amazing what a couple of group photos and a name/title on the website can do. Somehow the whole arrangement feels more transparent and legitimate now he's emerged from the shadows and has appeared through official club media. It probably won't chance a thing but personally I feel more comfortable with the operation if all those running the club on a daily basis appear to be working together in the open rather than name/faceless individuals skulking in the shadows never speaking.

I'd still very much like to know where Mr Shaik comes in the hierarchy and how that works in relation to Mowbray and Waggott. Is he merely the 'eyes and ears' or does that extend to decision making ability? Who has final say and how is that affected by Shaik's messages back to India?

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I still remember Cheston's "performance" in the supporters' meeting, when he was trying to field important questions about the role of the one in the shadows. Later, someone told me that  Mr Non- Work Permit was actually in the shadows in the room next door to the meeting!

Was he playing Apache ?.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JHRover said:

I reckon that is the first time in at least 3 years of him being involved that the club has officially confirmed the presence/involvement of Pasha and his photograph.

Sounds lovely but I'm not sure how much it changes things. All the people there were already here and doing the same jobs before this new 'team' was announced.

Where's the wingers? :)

12 hours ago, JHRover said:

Yes, it's amazing what a couple of group photos and a name/title on the website can do. Somehow the whole arrangement feels more transparent and legitimate now he's emerged from the shadows and has appeared through official club media. It probably won't chance a thing but personally I feel more comfortable with the operation if all those running the club on a daily basis appear to be working together in the open rather than name/faceless individuals skulking in the shadows never speaking.

I'd still very much like to know where Mr Shaik comes in the hierarchy and how that works in relation to Mowbray and Waggott. Is he merely the 'eyes and ears' or does that extend to decision making ability? Who has final say and how is that affected by Shaik's messages back to India?

Very much a middleman I reckon although how many he's in the middle of who knows !

Thing is if they want to try and build a bridge with the fanbase then having their own representation visible is surely a small step in the right direction. Absent owners aren't so absent if there's one of their gang in the directors box every game.  Next trick is to make it talk.......

31 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

I don't think it's a coincidence that Suhail has been unveiled when things have started to not only look consolidated, but on the up, too. A couple of years ago, when we were probably at our absolute low-point under Venkys, I think anybody who was basically a representative from Venkys would have been in a Pot of Hades. It begs the question... How much influence has this guy had in our upturn? Or is it simply all down to Mowbray?

It's a good question and one we will probably never find out. I'm happy for Tony to take all the credit. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

I don't think it's a coincidence that Suhail has been unveiled when things have started to not only look consolidated, but on the up, too. A couple of years ago, when we were probably at our absolute low-point under Venkys, I think anybody who was basically a representative from Venkys would have been in a Pot of Hades. It begs the question... How much influence has this guy had in our upturn? Or is it simply all down to Mowbray?

On the PR aspect of the club Mowbray has been excellent right from the start. He's a great figurehead who speaks with real authority.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

How much did he have in the downturn by the same logic ?

I'd credit most of the upturn  to Mowbray to be honest as the others have been here all along but he hasn't and things have only got better since he pitched up it can't be coincidence. Possibly the Venkys guy has managed to find it easier to form a working relationship with TM than with the others ?  That would certainly have helped.

12 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

It might soon be time to reappraise Mowbray’s transfer dealings. Rodwell, Bell, Reed, Armstrong and Dack all looked the part today

Why would be want to reappraise Dack and Reed? Never any doubt about them from the off. Same with Rothwell----just under-utilised.

The Rodwell gamble seems to be paying off, Armstrong seems to be coming good at last, (but I accept he is not a left-winger) and Bell had a good game but has not had a good season.

Time to reappraise is the end of the season.

I notice that, for the more positive poster, £7M Brereton has now ceased to exist!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 47er said:

Why would be want to reappraise Dack and Reed? Never any doubt about them from the off. Same with Rothwell----just under-utilised.

The Rodwell gamble seems to be paying off, Armstrong seems to be coming good at last, (but I accept he is not a left-winger) and Bell had a good game but has not had a good season.

Time to reappraise is the end of the season.

I notice that, for the more positive poster, £7M Brereton has now ceased to exist!

The mantra that it’s been Dack and a bunch of duffers is what may be worth reappraising soon. Rodwell, if he stays fit and stays, could well turn out to be the best quality signing since Tugay.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

The mantra that it’s been Dack and a bunch of duffers is what may be worth reappraising soon. Rodwell, if he stays fit and stays, could well turn out to be the best quality signing since Tugay.

I said at the time that Rodwell was the lowest risk signing in recent years. The bad press he had from Sunderland was ridiculous because he wouldn't walk away from a lucrative contract which they were happy to give him. No pay off or deal, just walk away. My real fear now is that he is free to talk to other clubs as he is out of contract at the end of the season. Mowbray and Waggott should be speaking to him and his representatives this week with an offer on the table.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I said at the time that Rodwell was the lowest risk signing in recent years. The bad press he had from Sunderland was ridiculous because he wouldn't walk away from a lucrative contract which they were happy to give him. No pay off or deal, just walk away. My real fear now is that he is free to talk to other clubs as he is out of contract at the end of the season. Mowbray and Waggott should be speaking to him and his representatives this week with an offer on the table.

Like you I felt the Rodwell signing was low risk for Rovers.

Rodwell is PL quality and his agent will now be looking for a PL berth and wages, if he's doing his job properly.

If Rodwell can be convinced that we are serious about mounting a challenge to get to the PL soon, next season?, he may hang around.

How Rovers compile an attractive contract offer will be interesting, based on our current wage structure where £14k pw basic is the current rumoured max.

I have no doubt that the player is grateful to Rovers for giving him the chance to resurrect his career, but football is all about the money, imo.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

I think Mowbray having a good working relationship with Rodwell and the way he is playing, Rodwell should be thinking he took a chance on me, I'm enjoying my football and working with Mowbray and the players. Plus the club is on the up 

• Like 1