BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

I think I needed time to let it sink in. Not the choice of a "normal" club as there were far better choices out there, unemployed but hard and would keep us up? But we are not a normal club any more. We are massively damaged goods. Damaged, as we all know, by inept owners, greedy agents and now rich chancers. No leadership, no nouse, no class. That's where we are. So we have got someone who isn't the ex-dingle, useless manager we didn't want. Only time will tell whether he can motivate what he has been left. Good luck to him. I hope he keeps us up. If so, they need to reward him with funds to go forward. It won't happen, as we are owned by no marks who don't deserve to be anywhere near our proud club. He's a dead man walking till the loons leave.

Unfortunately we are now in a position were no credible manager would want to manage us . Relegation was nailed on with Coyle at the helm .Unfortunately a change should have been made 3 months ago to at least give us a fighting chance. Mowbray probably wasn't the first choice for most supporters but he's cheap available and desperate enough to join this circus  ,its now clean slate time, we need to get behind Mowbray and the team lets hope we get the bounce effect and somehow pull clear of the mire , we have goal scorers and enough in the squad to survive hopefully with Mowbray being an ex centre half he can sort out our defensive errors and shore our leaky defence up. Here's hoping.

I have friends who are lifelong Smoggies and they always rated him both as a player and as a manager in the North East.

Mind you, his managerial career at 'Boro was for a Chairman who was the 21st Century equivalent of Uncle Jack.  If I'm being realistic, I think the 18-month contract will allow him to pull off the miracle [starting on Friday] this season; but, given our owners' lack of pride in their possession, see him doing his best, but failing to keep us up next season.  And, as others have observed, if your career is "football manager" and there's a vacancy which will pay the bills for you and your family, then you'll apply for the job.

Won't you?  I know I would if my career was "football manager" and I was temporarily out of work.

Fwiw, as I'm sure we all know deep down, it isn't down to him - I'm sure he will be an improvement on Coyle; yes, yes; I know; he couldn't be any worse.  The problem, simply and solely, lies in our owners' neglect of their 'toy'.  Only it isn't a toy; it's OUR football club.

• Backroom

I think he's got a massive challenge to keep us up and wouldn't expect anyone to pull it off as such.

The squad is as unfit as I've ever seen them, even if we get a new manager bounce we'll come unstuck due to that.

Hope he gets a decent crack at next season but hope more for a miracle this one. In reality on paper he's no worse than Adkins and not all that much different to Lambert.

really impressive by Mowbray interview. talks about improving the shape of the side and positioning of the team without the ball. wants to give the team an identity going forward but said the most important thing right now is results. Didn't know Lowe or Dunn before he took the job but enjoyed watching them take the session and thought both were good during the session. He took Graham a side and spoke to him(Video show this) this I think he will be main striker and Emnes off him. Said team is technically good and he was impress by this. Said they need some direction do the players. I think Mahoney will be part of his team going forward.

Just now, Stuart said:

I'm utterly sick of "giving people a chance". We should be able to sign a manager who deserves more than just a 'chance' from his club's fans.

Mowbray would not have been in the lists of any other Championship club. There is no pride and little in being a Rovers fan any more. We just have to sit down, shut up and accept what we are given.

The same names have started already with the exact same rhetoric we've heard time after time after time. We have no choice unless we walk away but to see how he gets on but there is no excitement, no impetus, no feel-good. Just another underwhelming face on a pay day at the tail end of his contract. The shadow of Lambert, the last glimmer of real hope for a better future, will continue to fall over Ewood. If the fans aren't feeling it, how can we expect the 'new manager bounce' from the players? Are they going to be jumping up off the treatment table to get on board the revolution? No. They are going to go: "Mowbray? Meh. Ok then let's see what he has to say". We've got, what, 15 games left and need to hit the ground running and get some early momentum. Right now we are all stood looking at the starting blocks wondering if we brought the right trainers - both literally and figuratively.

No chairman

No board

No manager

No captain (worth the name)

No leaders anywhere that anyone can really trust and get behind

No returning fans - is this going to inspire anyone who turned up for the United game to come back and watch Mowbray's first game? Unlikely.

I don't want a good guy who'll do his best. We had that with Bowyer and to an extent with Coyle (albeit more annoyingly). I want a ruthless barsteward who won't pick people just because they are the longest serving or highest paid. Absolutely must pick a leader as captain and ditch Lowe as a utility sub. If he does that on Friday he'll start to earn my respect. Equally, Lowe as captain in the centre of midfield by the next home game and my mind will be all but made up: another stooge.

Two targets: first is three points on Friday and second is keeping us up.

After that, well, let's just hope there's an 'after that'.

And here's a question Stu.....

will he be managing the last 15 games with Protests going on around him and Venkys out chants ringing in his ears?

seems grossly unfair to subject him to that yet if it doesn't happen then Venkys have pulled off quite a stroke. It would also indicate that the last 7 months has been a complete managerial problem if it all goes quiet now whereas we all know it's far far more than that

so  what happens guys ? I really couldn't call it though I am clear what it should be!!

I was shocked to read he is only 53. Could have sworn he was older.

After letting it sink in and reading what fans of his previous clubs have to say about him,I am think he could be a good choice,all things considered. He seems to be someone the players would respect and play for. Coyle had lost that early in the season. 

In fairness he is an improvement on practically every manger we have had since Big Sam,you could debate Lambert,but I would definitely take him over the other chumps we have had here. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Just now, Tom said:

I think he's got a massive challenge to keep us up and wouldn't expect anyone to pull it off as such.

The squad is as unfit as I've ever seen them, even if we get a new manager bounce we'll come unstuck due to that.

Hope he gets a decent crack at next season but hope more for a miracle this one. In reality on paper he's no worse than Adkins and not all that much different to Lambert.

You bouncing, Tom? I'm not. Not sure the players will be. Let's hope his training methods are inspirational.

People keep saying no manager's would want to come here. Sorry, I just don't believe that. Having been up at Brockhall and seen the coaches in action it would be a privilege for anyone to work there.

The issue is paying a credible manager and backing him on the transfer market to be able to bring in his own players.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

really impressive by Mowbray interview. talks about improving the shape of the side and positioning of the team without the ball. wants to give the team an identity going forward but said the most important thing right now is results. Didn't know Lowe or Dunn before he took the job but enjoyed watching them take the session and thought both were good during the session. He took Graham a side and spoke to him(Video show this) this I think he will be main striker and Emnes off him. Said team is technically good and he was impress by this. Said they need some direction do the players. I think Mahoney will be part of his team going forward.

Brave  new dawn then  Chadster? 

All our problems gone away???

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

I'm utterly sick of "giving people a chance". We should be able to sign a manager who deserves more than just a 'chance' from his club's fans.

Mowbray would not have been in the lists of any other Championship club. There is no pride and little in being a Rovers fan any more. We just have to sit down, shut up and accept what we are given.

what we should be able and we can do is 2 different things. Lets focus get behind Mowbray and the players in keeping us up.

No Pride? I am very proud Blackburn Rovers fan and have no problem telling people which team I support. I worked with Other Rovers fans, 1 dingle fan, 1 Villa fan, 1 Forest fan and 1 Bury fans plus some Man Utd fans and we are proud to support the teams we do.

The only target is staying up and that's start by picking up a win on Friday

• Like 2

Just now, TBTF said:

Brave  new dawn then  Chadster? 

All our problems gone away???

Honest and straight answer No they have haven't.

We have owners that 99% of fans wants rid of including me. They have wrecked our club no doubt about this.

We are in the bottom 3 and we have 15 games to turn it around and stay up. We have a squad that is unfit and letting in too many goals. Hopefully Mowbray can sort this out and get enough points to keep us up.

I want us to be a championship club next season and I will be cheering on my team in all home games and some away games

If the new manager bounce gets us say 7 points from the next 9 then that's surely an improvement than the 3 Coyle would have been likely to deliver. Burton away is a tricky one whoever is in charge but our lot are more than capable of getting a win IF they are all at it and if they are set up right.

I'd have been more comfortable if he'd have brought in a proper coaching team, this could be a rerun of the Berg tenure i fear.

Just now, TBTF said:

will he be managing the last 15 games with Protests going on around him and Venkys out chants ringing in his ears?

seems grossly unfair to subject him to that yet if it doesn't happen then Venkys have pulled off quite a stroke. It would also indicate that the last 7 months has been a complete managerial problem if it all goes quiet now whereas we all know it's far far more than that

so  what happens guys ? I really couldn't call it though I am clear what it should be!!

Yes, you're right. Let's hold off any anti-Venkys noises and get behind the lads (FFS).

Every manager that has come in has been backed by the fans in the first instance. Every single one. And yet they have all been garbageSo let's not be lining up the 'blame the fans' argument just yet.

It's like deja vu all over again. :rolleyes:

Maybe this guy will be The One and we'll stay up and become solid mid-table next season. But with no squad in May, it's going to need Senior and Mowbray to have some major pulling power - unless Venkys suddenly start chucking more money debt at things. A manager of pedigree and on the up would have had better options. The fact that they haven't gone for such a manager is a big clue that Venkys still have no intention of turning the page so we must expect worse players again in the Summer. It's not just Mowbray but what him as 'the new outstanding candidate' says about our future. Very much chicken and egg.

It's getting to the point where people are so desperate to be seen as being positive or fair minded or something that they champion whatever is thrown at us, again and again and again. Whereas learning from experience is seen as some kind of Philistine attitude.

Just now, TBTF said:

What's the view as to what happens??

53 minutes ago, Stuart said:

The same names have started already with the exact same rhetoric we've heard time after time after time. We have no choice unless we walk away but to see how he gets on but there is no excitement, no impetus, no feel-good. Just another underwhelming face on a pay day at the tail end of his contract. The shadow of Lambert, the last glimmer of real hope for a better future, will continue to fall over Ewood. If the fans aren't feeling it, how can we expect the 'new manager bounce' from the players? Are they going to be jumping up off the treatment table to get on board the revolution? No. They are going to go: "Mowbray? Meh. Ok then let's see what he has to say". We've got, what, 15 games left and need to hit the ground running and get some early momentum. Right now we are all stood looking at the starting blocks wondering if we brought the right trainers - both literally and figuratively.

No chairman

No board

No manager

No captain (worth the name)

No leaders anywhere that anyone can really trust and get behind

No returning fans - is this going to inspire anyone who turned up for the United game to come back and watch Mowbray's first game? Unlikely.

I don't want a good guy who'll do his best. We had that with Bowyer and to an extent with Coyle (albeit more annoyingly). I want a ruthless barsteward who won't pick people just because they are the longest serving or highest paid. Absolutely must pick a leader as captain and ditch Lowe as a utility sub. If he does that on Friday he'll start to earn my respect. Equally, Lowe as captain in the centre of midfield by the next home game and my mind will be all but made up: another stooge.

After that, well, let's just hope there's an 'after that'.

Agree completely but there are too many people that are prepared to put up with whatever venkys put in front of them. Why should we be happy with this appointment just because hes got the job? There were plenty of better options out there and now senior will be sitting in his office with a smug look on his face believing the pressure is off him.  I really do despair with rovers fans sometimes. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Decent interview I hope it works  with Lowe and Dunn as normally the main man knows the guys he's working alongside.. He's probably going off the fact they've been at the club awhile but he's going to have to hit the ground running and make decisions fast and not on their recommendation 

Just now, roverandout said:

Agree completely but there are too many people that are prepared to put up with whatever venkys put in front of them. Why should we be happy with this appointment just because hes got the job? There were plenty of better options out there and now senior will be sitting in his office with a smug look on his face believing the pressure is off him.  I really do despair with rovers fans sometimes. 

Senior will be smugger than smug awaiting the summer transfer window and kerching for the smug man 

• Like 1

Mowbray is at least experienced, and with experience in this division. His teams play attacking football, but aren't always great defensively. He seems a straight talker, plenty of interviews where he admits a performance wasn't good enough. 

So although far from a 1st choice, he's a long way from last choice, so we've got that to be thankful for. Wether it works out, who knows but Coyle was given a fair crack of the whip, and failed, so at least the owners seem to actually recognise we need a change to avoid being relegated ( hardly a virtue, but I honestly thought they'd completely cut off contact).

Massive 12 games for the club coming up, is it time to stop protests during a game until our fate is sealed - either Way? 

• Like 2

Just now, Baz said:

Massive 12 games for the club coming up, is it time to stop protests during a game until our fate is sealed - either Way? 

Protest haven't lost us games. Crap managers have.

It's an odd one though. Like a dare to the protesters. Go on then, I dare you to chant Venkys Out in a game. Because as soon as we lose we can blame them for relegation, and take the heat off the awful decision making.

• Like 1

Good luck Tony Mowbray.

Show passion, integrity and respect and the fans will back you to the hilt.

We almost need a miracle worker.  It could be you and you might just become a legend.

Looking forward to our first win under your management at Burton on Friday. 

• Like 7