BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its depend whether you think that will happen. last summer recruitment by Coyle didn't help the time enough.

Senior is director of football and operations. Now we appointed a head coach Senior will now control Transfers in and out.

I agreed

I did when Senior came in he would want his own choice in and it being a head coach not a manager. And 6/7 weeks this has happened.

Does anyone know whether a new goalkeeper coach with come in or with we used the academy keeper coach?

Senior out !

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Interesting interview. I notice he says it would have been good to have had two weeks to prepare the players. Coyle should undoubtedly have been sacked,well at numerous points,but if they had the decision made after the rotherham game,right then. It would have given him two weeks with the players plus a competitive friendly against Utd. Having said that,we dont want to waste any bounce games and a win in the Burton game would be the ideal start. 

If we play like we did against Utd we could win by a couple. Although it's always difficult when the pressure is on. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Just now, Athlete said:

Senior will be smugger than smug awaiting the summer transfer window and kerching for the smug man 

Senior will be public enemy number one in the not to distant future ! 

Good luck Mr Mowbrey , I really hope you do well....

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer , would be my advice !

Edited by Waggy76
  • Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

Protest haven't lost us games. Crap managers have.

It's an odd one though. Like a dare to the protesters. Go on then, I dare you to chant Venkys Out in a game. Because as soon as we lose we can blame them for relegation, and take the heat off the awful decision making.

Erm....where did I say it's the protesters fault?

Just now, Stuart said:

Yes, you're right. Let's hold off any anti-Venkys noises and get behind the lads (FFS).

Every manager that has come in has been backed by the fans in the first instance. Every single one. And yet they have all been garbageSo let's not be lining up the 'blame the fans' argument just yet.

It's like deja vu all over again. :rolleyes:

Maybe this guy will be The One and we'll stay up and become solid mid-table next season. But with no squad in May, it's going to need Senior and Mowbray to have some major pulling power - unless Venkys suddenly start chucking more money debt at things. A manager of pedigree and on the up would have had better options. The fact that they haven't gone for such a manager is a big clue that Venkys still have no intention of turning the page so we must expect worse players again in the Summer. It's not just Mowbray but what him as 'the new outstanding candidate' says about our future. Very much chicken and egg.

It's getting to the point where people are so desperate to be seen as being positive or fair minded or something that they champion whatever is thrown at us, again and again and again. Whereas learning from experience is seen as some kind of Philistine attitude.

Kean and Coyle backed? I must have missed that.

Things are bad. Real bad. Our best players are loanees and we are in a dire situation.  Anyone coming in would have the same options, which are: no money, no support, no board, no structure and no say.  All we can hope for is survival but I sincerely hope every supporter does what they can to encourage that. I see no positive in courting failure for our club and there are some that think that relegation = a swifter Venky exit. I doubt that very much.  They will go when they are ready and we need the carcass of the club as highly placed as possible.

• Like 4

Just now, Pedro said:

Kean and Coyle backed? I must have missed that.

Things are bad. Real bad. Our best players are loanees and we are in a dire situation.  Anyone coming in would have the same options, which are: no money, no support, no board, no structure and no say.  All we can hope for is survival but I sincerely hope every supporter does what they can to encourage that. I see no positive in courting failure for our club and there are some that think that relegation = a swifter Venky exit. I doubt that very much.  They will go when they are ready and we need the carcass of the club as highly placed as possible.

Great post. The most annoying comment I see by fans is that they want the club to be relegated,because it means Venkys MIGHT sell up and leave. Or even worse when they say they want the club to be relegated because it will hurt Venkys financially. Fans who say those types of things are a disgrace. Really frustrates me. 

Blackburn Rovers won't be relegated as Blackburn Rovers no longer exist. They were infected with a parasite 6 years ago and it has complety hollowed out its host. It may look like Blackburn Rovers but that club died quite a while ago.

All we can cling to is the hope that some DNA still exists and one day it will flicker back to life.

As for the "give him a chance" brigade. You make me sick. He deserves no chance. Nobody at the club deserves anything bar contempt and criticism.

Edited by Rover_Shaun
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

I'm utterly sick of "giving people a chance". We should be able to sign a manager who deserves more than just a 'chance' from his club's fans.

Mowbray would not have been in the lists of any other Championship club. There is no pride and little in being a Rovers fan any more. We just have to sit down, shut up and accept what we are given.

The same names have started already with the exact same rhetoric we've heard time after time after time. We have no choice unless we walk away but to see how he gets on but there is no excitement, no impetus, no feel-good. Just another underwhelming face on a pay day at the tail end of his contract. The shadow of Lambert, the last glimmer of real hope for a better future, will continue to fall over Ewood. If the fans aren't feeling it, how can we expect the 'new manager bounce' from the players? Are they going to be jumping up off the treatment table to get on board the revolution? No. They are going to go: "Mowbray? Meh. Ok then let's see what he has to say". We've got, what, 15 games left and need to hit the ground running and get some early momentum. Right now we are all stood looking at the starting blocks wondering if we brought the right trainers - both literally and figuratively.

No chairman

No board

No manager

No captain (worth the name)

No leaders anywhere that anyone can really trust and get behind

No returning fans - is this going to inspire anyone who turned up for the United game to come back and watch Mowbray's first game? Unlikely.

I don't want a good guy who'll do his best. We had that with Bowyer and to an extent with Coyle (albeit more annoyingly). I want a ruthless barsteward who won't pick people just because they are the longest serving or highest paid. Absolutely must pick a leader as captain and ditch Lowe as a utility sub. If he does that on Friday he'll start to earn my respect. Equally, Lowe as captain in the centre of midfield by the next home game and my mind will be all but made up: another stooge.

Two targets: first is three points on Friday and second is keeping up.

After that, well, let's just hope there's an 'after 

I do think thats incredibly harsh Stuart you say you're sick of giving people chances but unlike Coyle there are no obvious issues with his appointment per se.. Surely also the alternative to viving him a chance was sticking with Coyle until the end of the season. As Im convinced Coyle would have taken us down Id far rather give Mowbray a chance in comparison.

You also ask what the players must be thinking. I'd imagine they're thinking "Thank God we've got rid of Coyle and his antiquated training methods, poor preparation and lack of tactical nous".

If Mowbray gets them on the training ground and it is quickly apparent he has some idea how to set up a team to defend and to win a match, the players' ears will quickly prick up and they'll start to take notice regardless of whether he is a massive name or not 

Finally isn't it premature to be slagging him off for not having the right character or for not doing the things you want to see like dropping Lowe? He may very well have some of those characteristics or do many of the things you want!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rover_Shaun said:

Blackburn Rovers won't be relegated as Blackburn Rovers no longer exist. They were infected with a parasite 6 years ago and it has complety hollowed out its host. It may look like Blackburn Rovers but that club died quite a while ago.

All we can cling to is the hope that some DNA still exists and one day it will flicker back to life.

As for the "give him a chance" brigade. You make me sick. He deserves no chance. Nobody at the club deserves anything bar contempt and criticism.

Each to their own but I think its known I tegard that view as absolutely and utter nonsense. If you want to believe that to justify your non attendance or something like that fair enough but it's exactly the same Club it's been since 1875. We've just got poor owners.

One day they'll l be gone and if we're still in existence we'll still be exactly the same Club then as well.

• Like 2

I am about as happy as a Rovers fan can be these days. Tony Mowbray is a terrific appointment given the circumstances.

I am huge Hibs fan also, and Tony was excellent for us back then, he galvanized the team when he came in and we finished in in Europe both seasons. Players seem to respect him, and he seems to be able to bring on young talent as well. Wait till he sees the Under 21s!!

The fact that he got WBA and Boro promoted from the championship bodes well. I am willing to write off the Coventry debacle.

I have a new enthusiasm now. Just keep us up Tony!

Edited by Fraserkirky

Just now, A cup of beans said:

Easy to talk a good game, but he has my backing after that interview (Rovers player). He clearly has a plan, having seen our struggles and errors. 

More tactical nouse than Coyle and Bowyer put together. He's illustrated clearly in a single interview.

Impressive. 

It does seem odd that he's made such incredibly perceptive comments and basically hit the nail squarely on the head when presumably he can hardly have seen us play.

I presume he knew he was getting the job before the Man Ure game. You wonder if his comments are based solely on what he saw during that 90 minutes or on the basis of some input from Lowe and Dunn because based solely on that game I'd be sat there rubbing my hands thinking everything was hunky dory.

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

I am about as happy as a Rovers fan can be these days. Tony Mowbray is a terrific appointment given the circumstances.

I am huge Hibs fan also, and Tony was excellent for us back then, he galvanized the team when he came in and we finished in in Europe both seasons. Players seem to respect him, and he seems to be able to bring on young talent as well. Wait till he sees the Under 21s!!

The fact that he got WBA and Boro promoted from the championship bodes well. I am willing to write off the Coventry debacle.

I have a new enthusiasm now. Just keep us up Tony!

He didn't get Boro promoted!

52 minutes ago, Rover_Shaun said:

Yeah, right on brother. Tea Lady OUT!

• Like 2

• Backroom
Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

It does seem odd that he's made such incredibly perceptive comments and basically hit the nail squarely on the head when presumably he can hardly have seen us play.

I presume he knew he was getting the job before the Man Ure game. You wonder if his comments are based solely on what he saw during that 90 minutes or on the basis of some input from Lowe and Dunn because based solely on that game I'd be sat there rubbing my hands thinking everything was hunky dory.

With the speed of the appointment you have to believe it's been on the cards for a while. Imagine Senior has been in touch.

Makes a mockery of Nixon laughing at people yesterday for thinking there was any sort of plan.

What everyone appears to forget is that Tony Mowbray has a very good record especially at Boro and Coventry until recently where he was messed around by Coventry's owners. Yes it may be the same with Blackburn and Coventry, however we have a mid table quality side. Tony Mowbray was a quality defender. Let's give him a chance and back him instead of everyone moan. We have to back him. He's better than Coyle. Knows tactics and how to setup a team. Feel like no one is happy when we have Venkys as owners. Be happy that we have someone who will probably be able to sure up our defence which isn't awful under the right management and structure.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Rover_Shaun said:

Love your passion and you are obviously feeling the hurt inflicted by Venky's like most of us BUT Tony Mowbray is not responsible for anything that has gone on in the last 6 years, he's just the bloke that's been offered the job whether we like it or not and as a man in a new job he really does deserve to be "given a chance". It's obvious now that he is our last chance so all we can do is hope that he does the business at least as far as staving off relegation.

• Like 7

Honesty and integrity?

Mowbray has been approached, offered the job and terms and accepted whllst Coyle was still poncing around in his full kit. Mowbray wasn't a deal done in a few hours. 

Still we fans dont care as it rid us of Coyle.......queue 'this is football/business/life.....'

The fing twxx Senior is getting an easy ride so far. He is a perfect fit for the Vs and sadly will make a fortune for himself this coming summer window.

Bottom line is if we dont go down this season we will next thanks to the Vs cost cutting which brings me back to Mowbray.

Senior is the Ewood based CEO/COO at Rovers if you want to call him DIrector of Football and Operations feel free.

Senior is the Ewood based enemy no. 1 and Cheston just a annoying flunkey with bad teeth. The real vermin are still in Pune .... Essex ..... Switzerland ... Brunei ..... Glasgow .........

I do however wish Mowbay all the best and hope that with us he can get success under awful owners and club management.

Who is Swiss Tony? Is it Swiss55 or similar?

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Tom said:

With the speed of the appointment you have to believe it's been on the cards for a while. Imagine Senior has been in touch.

Makes a mockery of Nixon laughing at people yesterday for thinking there was any sort of plan.

Quite funny watching the Nixon meltdown on twitter, behaving like a jilted teenage girl . The crystal ball must have been misting over the last few days

All that work by the contacts and 3rd parties formally known as Kentaro/SEM / Cresscendo over the weekend as another connection exits the stage, obviously knew it was coming and creating a kean storm around it. Still at least Keoyle will get to spend a lot more time with his new grandchild now albeit without a monthly wage, that seemed to be the main reason he ended up back in the UK.

Anyone know if he has signed a Venky/3rd party  hush hush (NDA) as part of the "mutual agreement", be interesting to see  if he can keep his mouth shut.

After letting the Mowbray appointment sink in for a few hours, in one way dissapointed (but relieved )that the odds on my picking up a few quid at the end of the season are starting to dwindle, but same bet next year after Swiss Tony has earned his percentages in the summer.

Not a slight on Mowbray as in the circumstances it is a decent appointment, hopefully he has got time to keep us up and without a change in mentality from whoever is pulling the strings at Ewood for the next six months ,ready and able for another relegation battle next season

Venky's and 3rd parties Out!

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Each to their own but I think its known I tegard that view as absolutely and utter nonsense. If you want to believe that to justify your non attendance or something like that fair enough but it's exactly the same Club it's been since 1875. We've just got poor owners.

One day they'll l be gone and if we're still in existence we'll still be exactly the same Club then as well.

Have you just got out of the shower and found it was just a dream?

Honesty, integrity, hard work, passion, ambition, family, community, skill. It's all gone.

It may have blue and white halves when it takes the field and that field may be at Ewood Park but everything tht made the club special has gone, for the time being. Venkys FC in all but appearance.

• Like 1

I haven't read all of this thread but this one and the Next Manager thread seemed keen on Nigel Adkins amongst others. 

Mowbray is seen as a disastrous appointment - without looking in to it deeply he was successful at Boro and Coventry before being sacked by both. He's been sacked twice in the past four years. 

Adkins had good success at Southampton before being sacked. He was sacked after failing at Reading and Sheffield Utd. Sacked three times in five years. 

Not much difference between the two except one was seen as a saviour and the other, now, as a disaster. Neither view based on logic.

I can't help feel most fans would have criticised any appointment, just as they do every other action the club takes. 

Edited by Paul
  • Like 6