BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

28 minutes ago, steelcityblue said:

Ok Guys. I’m clearly out of step with the prevailing attitudes and mores on here. I don’t apologise for my stance. I’ve read almost every post on here for years as I love anything to do with the Rovers but it’s time to take a break. The constant Mowbray bashing is doing my head in anyway. 

If you think anyone questioning Venkys is somehow racist then yes, I’d say you are out of step.

• Moderation Lead
49 minutes ago, steelcityblue said:

Ok Guys. I’m clearly out of step with the prevailing attitudes and mores on here. I don’t apologise for my stance. I’ve read almost every post on here for years as I love anything to do with the Rovers but it’s time to take a break. The constant Mowbray bashing is doing my head in anyway. 

Not this again! 

Making observations about the decisions the manager makes on the internet, whatever next?

From what we've seen since the transfer window shut the words of Boro/Cov/WBA fans in regards to Mowbray after a couple of seasons completely giving in to his silly mix and try and match selections and formations until they implode is well in motion.

Teflon Tony has to take the blame for the latest ****!

It will all be about the 'down to 10 men, fight we showed in the 2nd half' etc. But the first half was the worst half in Rovers footballing history.  Poor line-up, poor tactics, abysmal motivation and effort meaning the game was largely gone at HT. Boro didn't have to get out of 2nd gear.

Edited by Husky
  • Like 1

The win against Leeds was the high point of our season, since then our form has been that of a side battling relegation. 22 points from our last 20 games is no way near good enough. Start of the season we had the confidence from last season and sides hadn't had chance to work us out. More recently though the momentum from last season has gone and sides have worked out our strengths and the manager has been unable to find another way for us to play. We are becoming a very easy and predictable side to play against. 

• Like 2

Not sure what the answer is. It might seem harsh to call for his head the season after winning promotion but  i can honestly only see things going badly South if he stays mainly due to his reluctance to ditch his established favourites and to try to improve the side.

Does anyone trust him to restructure  the team in summer even if funds are available?

I dont think I have ever witnessed a Rovers manager make 3 subs at once in my life (granted the 3 subs rule has not been in long)

To me it proved the manager select the wrong tea m, again !!!

Now , I think he is ' losing the plot ' danger is when will our owners realize ? and who will be his replacement ??

The defence is a complete joke , it is non existent , call me old fashioned but defenders are there to stop the  opponents scoring ,,

Brannagan , Keeley , Fazackerley , Rathbone 

AS hard as nails all of them !!

Edited by Waggy76

Just now, Waggy76 said:

I dont think I have ever witnessed a Rovers manager make 3 subs at once in my life (granted the 3 subs rule has not been in long)

Now , I think he is ' losing the plot ' danger is when will our owners realize ? and who will be his replacement ??

The defence is a complete joke , it is non existent , call me old fashioned but defenders are there to stop the  opponents scoring ,,

Agreed Waggy, a touch of hard nastiness required and has been for years.

• Like 2

Because Mowbray plays people out of position when something goes wrong (like a sending off) he needs to make at least two changes.

His latest concern seems to be substituting players on a yellow. But it’s a gamble either way. In the first three minutes of the second half, my heart was in my mouth when Graham looked like he was struggling with his back or hip.

19 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Over reaction, we just need some t-shirts with , 

"Oh well, Maybe next season "

on them, decent quality t-shirts will be good for the next two three years :)

Do you think they'll sell better than the  'BB: 50 goals in training' ones? ?

The most worrying thing with Mowbray is that I still don't think that he knows what our best starting 11 is or what our best formation is. Personally I think a 3-4-1-2 would suit the players we have most the only problem is that thanks to Mowbray's decisions in January and with Lenihan out we don't have enough centre backs to play that system.

For me the following is our best team and the system that will get the best out of them.

Raya

Lenihan      Rodwell      Mulgrew

Nyambe                                                                          Bell

Reed                            Travis                                

Dack

Graham                       Armstrong        

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Bennett, Rodwell,Mulgrew, Bell/Williams all as soft as putty

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

The win against Leeds was the high point of our season, since then our form has been that of a side battling relegation. 22 points from our last 20 games is no way near good enough. Start of the season we had the confidence from last season and sides hadn't had chance to work us out. More recently though the momentum from last season has gone and sides have worked out our strengths and the manager has been unable to find another way for us to play. We are becoming a very easy and predictable side to play against. 

That sums it pretty well. Very ominous for next season as teams on the slide in the second half of the previous season are prime candidates for relegation. 

• Like 1