BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

11 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Positives:     

We've got enough points to stay up.

The team spirit and general harmony around the club. 

Home form

Negatives:

Shocking defence that costs us points most weeks. 

Mowbray's complacent  attitude to defence that costs us points most weeks.

Poor recruitment in general.

Poor quality of football with emphasis on inability to pass the ball. 

Away form

Constantly playing people out of position. 

He deserves the summer and the early part of next season as a reward for turning the club around. Unfortunately I can't say I have much faith in him taking us any further. The football is poor, the defence is worse and the recruitment is generally shit. His attitude is very complacent and he lacks a winners mentality IMO. 

Positive: We beat Bolton

Happy for him to stay, but the sheer volume of players out of position is reaching farcical levels for me.

Bennett not a right back. Mulgrew and Rodwell together doesn’t work as both of them are converted.

Reed rarely plays centrally, Brereton, well! Armstrong not a winger, though his pace can make him effective in certain games. He’s had Dack playing as a ‘false 9’.

Far too clever for his (and the team’s) own good. Let’s just get back to basics for Christ sake.

• Like 3

• Moderation Lead

FYI- someone asked for a poll, so we made one. We try to look after our members on here where we can!

My favourite thing about this message board at the moment is the people that complain posters are over reacting while actually over reacting themselves.

Peopke rightly have legitimate concerns about certain things as do I- 

Conceding late goals.

Falling to pieces and conceding loads of goals having done so.

The standard of our defending.

Not playing our best right back then playing someone who isn’t a right back in his place./Playing players out of position.

A very small percentage of people on here wanted the manager sacked. Does it really matter if people have a different opinion? You’ll have a tough time in life if you can’t handle different points of view! 

I’ve got concerns about Mowbray saying we don’t have a problem defensively and his use of some players. I don’t want him sacked though and I didn’t vote for that to happen. I just think there are areas in which he could improve...

• Like 6

think he has done a really good job at steadying the club, I would personally back him and give him another season, 

But if there was money to spend in the summer and in January and he didn’t spend it and does the same this summer window I would make a decision the end of July, I’d get someone in who isn’t afffraid to spend and address the defensive weakness and lack of striking options.

His loyalty to players could be his downfall

Edited by pick32

Only on this forum, with this fanbase, could 96.24% of fans backing the manager as of right now, be misconstrued into some sort of negative. Theres a few posters who have appeared from nowhere questioning why this thread is even here who clearly haven't thoroughly read the title, question and answers. This is potentially the single biggest show of support ANY manager has ever had from this forum. Thankfully journalism is a dead industry, because some of the shite I've seen on Twitter with regards to what this poll shows is incredible.

For what it's worth, as far as I'm concerned any managers job is always under review. Let's see what Mowbray does over summer. So far he's done exactly what he told us he would do, solidify and give the trusted players the opportunity to keep their places. Weakness have been exposed, it's now a case of strengthing over summer to improve the first team. If he doesn't do that and we go backwards...

• Like 9

The thread titles could have been better/clearer. As they are they can be construed in different ways. Some of those saying reassess in summer are also saying that he should probably go then. Also the final answer, could be "no, he's doing a fine job"

Anyway, ya I read some vocal Rovers supporters on Twitter say stuff along the lines if "those lunatics over at brfcs.com are having a thread whether we should sack Mowbray, the lunatics!!!". It seemed they heard second hand whispers and hadn't even looked themselves, as in fairness , barring a handful of posters, most do want to give him the summer/next season. 

Having said that, I think some on here, particularly some mods, give a real free pass to those more extreme in saying he should leave. It's actually like they can't see the posts. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

@chaddyrovers @Paul Mellelieu @Lie_still_Rover you all seem to have totally missed the result of the poll, presumably as it doesnt fit your agenda of wanting to believe that everyone is baying for the managers blood.

Less than 4% have already decided that Mowbray is not the man to take us forward. Many like yourself are unreservedly behind the manager long term, many like myself are more than happy to give him more time to see if he is indeed the man to take us into a promotion push going forward, of course throwing away leads, having one of the worst defensive records in the league without an attitude of desperation to change that, and a very underwhelming transfer record will all have to change if that is to happen. Whether he is or isnt the man to change these things, one thing is for sure, I appreciative the work he has done so far, especially the promotion. Im sure even the 5 who want a change feel the same.

And chaddy, going over the major issues and faults of the team at the moment that are affecting it progressing at the moment is not "clogging up the messageboard." Nor do I believe you have acknowledged it, indeed you are very defensive whenever anyone questions why we spend so much on sub attackers yet make do with midfielders "doing a (poor) job" failing to stem the tide in defence.

Ive seen lots of criticism about this poll even on social media. All its proved is that the vast majority are patient and dont want the manager to go just yet, and that unlike some of those in defence of Mowbray, they are able to distinguish between deserved, constructive criticism and radical moves to change that. Mowbray deserves criticising recently, he has been criticised but the vast majority want him to stay.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

The thread titles could have been better/clearer. As they are they can be construed in different ways. Some of those saying reassess in summer are also saying that he should probably go then. Also the final answer, could be "no, he's doing a fine job"

Anyway, ya I read some vocal Rovers supporters on Twitter say stuff along the lines if "those lunatics over at brfcs.com are having a thread whether we should sack Mowbray, the lunatics!!!". It seemed they had second hand whispers and hadn't even looked themselves, as in fairness , barring a handful of posters, most do want to give him the summer/next season. 

Having said that, I think some on here, particularly some mods, give a real free pass to those more extreme in saying he should leave. It's actually like they can't see the posts. 

A few out in the wide world love smearing this board elsewhere yet regularly lurk amongst us, know thine enemy ....?

• Like 1

Just now, tomphil said:

A few out in the wide world love smearing this board elsewhere yet regularly lurk amongst us, know thine enemy ....?

Professional complainers. Complain about the website, complain about posters, complain about posts, complain when they're banned. I'm empathetic though, I can't wait until I retire because I'm going to moan all day too.

• Like 2

Just now, J*B said:

Professional complainers. Complain about the website, complain about posters, complain about posts, complain when they're banned. I'm empathetic though, I can't wait until I retire because I'm going to moan all day too.

A tell all book needs producing  'Memoirs of a Moderator'  !

7 hours ago, USABlue said:

The same Mark Hughes who has been a bust pretty much anywhere else, much like most if his players who thought the grass was greener too.  He did awesome here but it's been about it.

You mean the same Mark Hughes who finished 9th In 3 consecutive seasons at Stoke. Who finished 8th with Fulham. Who kept Southampton up against the odds last season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Anyway, ya I read some vocal Rovers supporters on Twitter say stuff along the lines if "those lunatics over at brfcs.com are having a thread whether we should sack Mowbray, the lunatics!!!". It seemed they heard second hand whispers and hadn't even looked themselves, as in fairness , barring a handful of posters, most do want to give him the summer/next season. 

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. If guys want him through the door they should be able to say so without being pilloried. I'm not at that point yet but I'm becoming disenchanted.

• Like 1

What I find most interesting about this poll is that to me it highlights how people are still terrified of the owners and that Mowbray get's cut a lot of flack because he is not Kean or Coyle. If you'd have had this poll when we were mid table in the Premiership under Allardyce, I think more than 5 people would have said sack him. Even though we were a solid mid table team in the top flight, with an excellent manager, ok some didn't like the football but let's be honest the football we play now isn't any better (Infact I would say its worse).  I've seen a lot of people say that we need to be careful that we could get worse than Mowbray to me that doesn't come across as a big vote confidence in the manager but more a vote of no confidence in the Owners.

I've voted Mowbray out but if he is here next season (and I fear he will be) then he needs to do 3 very important things to make sure that we are more Sheffield United than Millwall next season. The first is bring in a head of recruitment who has knowledge of not only British Leagues but also of European ones, Mowbray signings all seem to come from a very limited field, he's admitted that we have no knowledge of European Markets and the money he has spent has on the whole not been spent very well. Also we need to bring in a fitness coach to get this team fit for 90 minutes a game and for a 46 games season, we are so far behind a lot of other teams in terms of fitness that it is embarrassing. The final thing that is needed is a coach to come in to work with the defence and get it organised, as the manager has shown that he is unable to do this.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Bloody extremists saying he should leave. They should be done under anti-terror laws or summat. It's just not on in a civilised society. 

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. If guys want him through the door they should be able to say so without being pilloried. I'm not at that point yet but I'm becoming disenchanted.

I'm not saying they aren't entitled to their opinion or should be pilloried. It's just some come on and say he should be sacked, then others, mods included will be like "nobody is saying he should be sacked!" 

1 hour ago, J*B said:

I used to be on a " Rolex " owners site. It was run by Americans mainly for Americans with more money than good taste. A guy comes on with a photo of a watch he's just bought _ " What do we all think of the watch ? " Well I tell him, the dial is too cluttered, I don't like roman numerals, etc " . A bit later on the mods get on to me for spoiling his pleasure ! Couldn't I have been more positive about his purchase ? " He asked me for my opinion then didn't like what I said. Snowflakes are everywhere these days.

I told 'em what I thought and walked away from the site.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

In fairness, what exactly do you want us to do? They aren’t breaking any rules, they just have a different opinion. Just like those that defend every little thing he does and can’t accept criticism.

If a manager has a 96% backing on one forum from however many votes, as JB said, surely that indicates a majority of support?

• Like 1