BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

Can we read anything into the fact he's been given the role "Head Coach"? Does this really mean Senior's DOF type role has a bit of substance to it? Christ, I really am sick to frigging death of this football club. If Mowbray can keep us up then fair play too the guy but whether we stay up or not in reality, the club is fooked

Most worrying for me is that Rovers appear to have set their stall out to ensure that the new manager was willing to work with existing club staff. That isnt how business should be done and is a recipe for disaster. If they have decided Mowbray is the best man for the job then on their head be it, but any new manager should be given the option to bring in his own team to work with him. That's probably what ruled Adkins out because he would want to bring in Crosby alongside. It smacks of cost cutting and forcing staff upon the new manager when the new manager should select his own staff.

• Like 2

• Biddy pinned this topic

When leaving Coventry Tony said, and it could have been written by Coyle:

We knew what the budget was but we didn't get our targets. You can't build a club off loans. They have to invest in footballers they can keep and build on.

Shambles of a club

• Like 2

Just now, cesus said:

It's all about dumbing down expectations so I thought Adkins could hopefully find some Southampton form and build us up from there and discount his last few roles. Then roll on Venkys Tony frickin Mowbray, I'm mad at myself for being shocked and mad!

It makes me almost apologetic for dismissing Adkins.

Just now, Butty said:

Can we read anything into the fact he's been given the role "Head Coach"? Does this really mean Senior's DOF type role has a bit of substance to it? Christ, I really am sick to frigging death of this football club. If Mowbray can keep us up then fair play too the guy but whether we stay up or not in reality, the club is fooked

It just means we continue with the idea of players being provided to a coach, with the aim of developing them and selling for profit.

• Like 3

Just now, Gav said:

When leaving Blackburn Tony said to the Lancashire Evening Telegraph:

We knew what the budget was but we didn't get our targets. You can build a club off loans. They have to invest in SEM/Kentaro/Wasserman agency footballers which they can sell and launder money through

Shambles of a club

Corrected for you.

Edited by Dunnfc

Just now, JHRover said:

Most worrying for me is that Rovers appear to have set their stall out to ensure that the new manager was willing to work with existing club staff. That isnt how business should be done and is a recipe for disaster. If they have decided Mowbray is the best man for the job then on their head be it, but any new manager should be given the option to bring in his own team to work with him. That's probably what ruled Adkins out because he would want to bring in Crosby alongside. It smacks of cost cutting and forcing staff upon the new manager when the new manager should select his own staff.

Playing Devil's advocate, at least Dunn and Lowe know the squad inside out, and will be able to tell him where we need to improve. We don't have the luxury of Mowbray taking five games to see where the problems are, so it might actually be a good thing. He can always bring in some staff in the Summer. 

Obviously, the motive for Venkys doing this is to minimise costs, but it might actually turn out to be in our favour.

• Like 1

Jesus god dam christ I give up! You go from Adkins to Mowbray....How can you make such idiotic, shameful footballing decisions! You have a whole list of decent managers who would be willing to come. Whether it is Hill, Jackett, Adkins, or whoever else but you go for Tony God Dam Mowbray 

• Like 1

Just now, dinglebasher said:

Playing Devil's advocate, at least Dunn and Lowe know the squad inside out, and will be able to tell him where we need to improve. We don't have the luxury of Mowbray taking five games to see where the problems are, so it might actually be a good thing. He can always bring in some staff in the Summer. 

Obviously, the motive for Venkys doing this is to minimise costs, but it might actually turn out to be in our favour.

Wouldn't go that far. Neither Dunn or Lowe were involved in the first team.

• Like 1