BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

Just now, Gav said:

People talking with great authority about stuff they know nowt about as per usual.

I'm surrounded by Wolves fans where I live and in the main theyre happy with Lambert, and realise he needs more than a few weeks to turn things around.

The bunkum posted about Mowbray last night was some of the biggest load of cr@p I've ever read on here and I've read some right nonsense over the years. 

Give the guy a bleedin chance!

That's not proof that he's a good manager, because he isn't. I very much doubt they are happy with 5 defeats out of the last 6. Their messageboards suggest they aren't. Maybe the people you speak to are Baggies. Or you've invented them. You did similar with Pompey fans you apparently knew, saying they were 'having a ball' in League 2.   

Didn't take Warnock long to turn things around. He hasn't had the luxury of spending £13m on a winger either. 

Must do better 'sunshine'.

• Like 1

Just now, Amarillo said:

Give Mowbray a chance?

What does that even mean?  

I would take it to mean,don't be critical of mowbray after last games night. After having 1 day to work with the players. As some fans are doing in the Burton thread. 

Last nights result was a good one in my opinion. I am pretty sure it would have been a defeat under Coyle. I am a lot considerably more confident about staying up now. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would take it to mean,don't be critical of mowbray after last games night. After having 1 day to work with the players. As some fans are doing in the Burton thread. 

My point is that "give him a chance" is just an empty platitude. It doesn't mean anything. None of us can influence this appointment either way.

Edited by Amarillo
  • Like 1

Just now, Amarillo said:

My point is that "give him a chance" is just an empty platitude. It doesn't mean anything. None of us can influence this appointment either way.

It means ,for example,stop criticizing him after one days training and one game ,which we actually got a decent result in. 

It's negativity we don't need. We are 3 points from safety,yet I have read posts from numerous posters here saying things like we are as good as down and let's just prepare for league one next season. The negativity is completely irrational. As I said,we are 3 points from safety with 14 games left. 

It means ,for example,stop criticizing him after one days training and one game ,which we actually got a decent result in. 

It's negativity we don't need. We are 3 points from safety,yet I have read posts from numerous posters here saying things like we are as good as down and let's just prepare for league one next season. The negativity is completely irrational. As I said,we are 3 points from safety with 14 games left. 

Didn't you once accuse this place of being an echo chamber?

I guess it's okay so long as it reverberates views you agree with? Anyway, you're still missing the point, so nevermind.

• Like 1

Just now, Amarillo said:

Didn't you once accuse this place of being an echo chamber?

I guess it's okay so long as it reverberates views you agree with? Anyway, you're still missing the point, so nevermind.

No,never used the phrase echo chamber in my life. 

You're the one who doesn't get it,if you don't understand what someone means by the phrase "give him a chance"

No,never used the phrase echo chamber in my life. 

You're the one who doesn't get it,if you don't understand what someone means by the phrase "give him a chance"

I understand it perfectly, it's just redundant in this context. Give him a chance, don't give a chance, it won't influence anything. Remember, this place is notoriously unrepresentative of the fanbase at large. ;)

Personally, I don't give a toss. Deckchairs, titanic. At least the odious one's gone but this club's royally fooked no matter who's in the dugout. Mowbray might delay the rot for another year but you can't stem the tide forever.

Just now, Amarillo said:

I understand it perfectly, it's just redundant in this context. Give him a chance, don't give a chance, it won't influence anything. Remember, this place is notoriously unrepresentative of the fanbase at large. ;)

Personally, I don't give a toss. Deckchairs, titanic. At least the odious one's gone but this club's royally fooked no matter who's in the dugout. Mowbray might delay the rot for another year but you can't stem the tide forever.

I don't believe total destruction and/or relegation to league 1 eventually is a foregone conclusion. 

A solid manager (which we may well have)and a few signings will get us moving in the right direction. Venkys or no Venkys. 

This season could just as conceivably be the mid point of the bottom loop of a bell curve as apposed to part of a continual decline. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

I don't believe total destruction and/or relegation to league 1 eventually is a foregone conclusion. 

A solid manager and a few signings will get us moving in the right direction. Venkys or no Venkys. 

This season just as conceivably be the mid point of the bottom loop of a bell curve as apposed to part of a continual decline. 

I take it you haven't really been observing the last 6+ years very closely, where were you at ?

• Like 1

The last 6 years does not mean that a good manager and some decent signings will not get us moving up the table. That is all my point is. 

And that's correct but what some of us have learned is that it will not happen under this ownership. Mowbray might stop the rot briefly, i think he can, but it'll re-emerge in summer. If he stays his task will be the same next season as it is now, keep a budget slashing, player selling loan and freebie signing club out of the Championship bottom 3.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

That's not proof that he's a good manager, because he isn't. I very much doubt they are happy with 5 defeats out of the last 6. Their messageboards suggest they aren't. Maybe the people you speak to are Baggies. Or you've invented them. You did similar with Pompey fans you apparently knew, saying they were 'having a ball' in League 2.   

Didn't take Warnock long to turn things around. He hasn't had the luxury of spending £13m on a winger either. 

Must do better 'sunshine'.

I don't think sitting alone at the back of The Commercial in Accrington qualifies you to comment on how Wolves fans, Pompey fans or Baggies are feeling blueboy, but you carry on son  :tu:

Just now, tomphil said:

And that's correct but what some of us have learned is that it will not happen under this ownership. Mowbray might stop the rot briefly, i think he can, but it'll re-emerge in summer. If he stays his task will be the same next season as it is now, keep a budget slashing, player selling loan and freebie signing club out of the Championship bottom 3.

Just now, Reidy You're a Star said:

The last 6 years shows us that even if we do manage to get a decent manager, we won't get the money to get decent signings, so we won't get moving up the table to a big enough extent.

Senior has said it is a big summer and that there is money there. 

The guy wants to do a good job here to progress his career in football. 

I don't see how lying to fans will do that for him. 

Look I am not expecting 100 million to be spent or anything,but with some astute investments and promotion of youth,we can move well up the table. I believe where we are now is the low point. 

Senior has said it is a big summer and that there is money there. 

The guy wants to do a good job here to progress his career in football. 

I don't see how lying to fans will do that for him. 

Look I am not expecting 100 million to be spent or anything,but with some astute investments and promotion of youth,we can move well up the table. I believe where we are now is the low point. 

You been on the phone to Balaji after all ?   You seem taken in B)

The Dogometer will be replacing the Chaddometer soon i reckon.

In all seriousness i pray your right but just can't see it there is absolutely nothing under Venkys ownership to back up any positivity. 

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

Prepare to be very disappointed.

When in the last 6 years have they done anything astutely? Or invested? We've spent £250,000 in 2 years on players, whilst selling off every jewel we have.

Senior is a shyster who can talk a lot, but very little of substance comes out. Have you listened to his interviews? Have you read about his time at Sheff Weds? Really did well for them and progressed his career hasn't he? The club has been raped by agents and their hangers on for 6 years, so what do we do? Hire a "director of football" to handle transfers, whose wife happens to be an agent.. Which @#/? for brains thought that was a good idea? Wants to do a good job and progress his career? @#/? he does. Do a good job for his bank balance and progress to the next fool who falls for flannel when he eventually gets found out here more like.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

The last 6 years does not mean that a good manager and some decent signings will not get us moving up the table. That is all my point is. 

What gives you the impression that we will make decent signings? If by decent, I assume you mean better than we currently have...