BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

2 hours ago, roverandout said:

Lambert wasnt a manager? Are you having a laugh? The only real manager we have had under these clowns

Lambert is the definition of a fraud, a complete mangerial fraud. Not sure what the fascination with him is about on here but he was dreadful with us and the type football played was the worst I've ever seen.

• Like 4

The provision on the above is that we are in the championship by the way. If we go to league 1 ,we are screwed as the current squad will be downgraded even further. If we start up,with TM and a few new additions,I believe we will be competing above where we were under Bowyer. Maybe not play offs,but above mid table. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

1 hour ago, Gav said:

People talking with great authority about stuff they know nowt about as per usual.

I'm surrounded by Wolves fans where I live and in the main theyre happy with Lambert, and realise he needs more than a few weeks to turn things around.

The bunkum posted about Mowbray last night was some of the biggest load of cr@p I've ever read on here and I've read some right nonsense over the years. 

Give the guy a bleedin chance!

Weird how none of these supposed Lambert cheerleaders have access to the internet isn't it?

Just now, RV Blue said:

Lambert is the definition of a fraud, a complete mangerial fraud. Not sure what the fascination with him is about on here but he was dreadful with us and the type football played was the worst I've ever seen.

Unbelievable.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

So Lambert isn't a manager but Bowyer was?

Your forgiveness of all things Bowyer did (and didn't do), and the extent you will rubbish proven managers to make your point, is bordering on belligerence.

He's clearly mates with Bowyer but let's not pretend that Lambert was any better.

• Like 1

Just now, RV Blue said:

3 bad jobs in a row suggests what I said isn't unbelievable. Wolves fans hate the man no matter what Gav's made up mates think.

Is this your spoof/WUM account? What's your original poster name?

• Like 2

Just now, RV Blue said:

Hahaha WUM, says you. "I feel physically sick Mowbray was appointed", pathetic. If that comment wasn't a wind up you've got some serious problems.

My personal feelings rank alongside you saying Gav has imaginary friends?

Come on, out with it. Who are you really? Your original poster name will do.

Just now, Stuart said:

My personal feelings rank alongside you saying Gav has imaginary friends?

Come on, out with it. Who are you really? Your original poster name will do.

Funny how Gav knows all 4 of the Wolves fans that like Lambert isn't it? I don't have an original name but I've been a reader on here for years.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Comedian and Rovers fan Ian Moore on todays Fighting Talk show on 5 live radio has a Rovers rant at about 25 minutes.

Venkys and Mowbray both get a mention both not complimentary.

Came across as an arrogant prick imo.

No need for the Tony Mowbray @#/? this early. 

• Like 1

The 'worst' part of the Mowbray appointment for me is the hope it gives. That will make the next few months more nerve racking and relegation, if it happens, even tougher to take. I won't hold Mowbray culpable in any way for relegation if it happens but it is just another case of 'what if'. What if they had acted sooner, what if they had never appointed Coyle in the first place.

Under Coyle I was bereft of all hope. I never believed from the minute he arrived until the minute he left that he was going to keep us up. I was resigned to relegation, and had even come to terms with it. Now, with the change, it injects that hope that will make it tougher to take.

I think Mowbray is a good fit for the club. He has certainly said all the right things and he deserves all our support. If nothing else just because he isn't Coyle. Refreshing to see a manager in a suit stood on the touchline barking instructions to the players from start to finish and being complementary about the club and fans.

If the worst does happen and we go down I hope he is trusted to try and bring us back up, and I hope he has the option to add to his coaching staff over time once he has settled in and decided what he needs.

• Like 4

I understand not getting on his back after 1 game and 48 hours of training, that is ridiculous, but I wouldn't say he'd be completely blameless for relegation either. He's got 14 games with a squad which I believe is good enough to stay up and I reckon a good manager would keep it up. I think (and hope) he will keep us up but if he doesn't he'd have done a bad job imo.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Lambert managed 17 championship games for wolves so far, resulting in 18 points (5wins 3 draws, 9 defeats)....that is relegation form, bang average championship manager, nothing more!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

I think you might find Wolves fans disagree at the moment.

Some Wolves fans aren't happy with Lambert at all, but that is very similar to people on here having a go at Mowbray after 4 days in the job

3 hours ago, Gav said:

People talking with great authority about stuff they know nowt about as per usual.

I'm surrounded by Wolves fans where I live and in the main theyre happy with Lambert, and realise he needs more than a few weeks to turn things around.

The bunkum posted about Mowbray last night was some of the biggest load of cr@p I've ever read on here and I've read some right nonsense over the years. 

Give the guy a bleedin chance!

Gav, Some Wolves fans aren't happy with Lambert at all. But Some are tho. Think I time to judge is next season with Lambert. He needs a full pre season to put all of his methods in place. Look at Monk at Leeds who has a full pre season with them That's when you can put your full ideas across to the players and have a style of play that you want and make signings around that

8 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The 'worst' part of the Mowbray appointment for me is the hope it gives. That will make the next few months more nerve racking and relegation, if it happens, even tougher to take. I won't hold Mowbray culpable in any way for relegation if it happens but it is just another case of 'what if'. What if they had acted sooner, what if they had never appointed Coyle in the first place.

Under Coyle I was bereft of all hope. I never believed from the minute he arrived until the minute he left that he was going to keep us up. I was resigned to relegation, and had even come to terms with it. Now, with the change, it injects that hope that will make it tougher to take.

I think Mowbray is a good fit for the club. He has certainly said all the right things and he deserves all our support. If nothing else just because he isn't Coyle. Refreshing to see a manager in a suit stood on the touchline barking instructions to the players from start to finish and being complementary about the club and fans.

If the worst does happen and we go down I hope he is trusted to try and bring us back up, and I hope he has the option to add to his coaching staff over time once he has settled in and decided what he needs.

He has talk sense since day 1. He has tried to put some ideas into place and I'm looking forward to see these further out into place.

I think Mowbray will bring in gk coach shortly as we don't have one and academy gk coach Ben Benson took the GK warm ups.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

I understand not getting on his back after 1 game and 48 hours of training, that is ridiculous, but I wouldn't say he'd be completely blameless for relegation either. He's got 14 games with a squad which I believe is good enough to stay up and I reckon a good manager would keep it up. I think (and hope) he will keep us up but if he doesn't he'd have done a bad job imo.

Is this a wind up? 

He has had no players to bring in himself. The players have had an awful pre season. Zero pre match tactical preparation. 

He will keep us. 

The negativity on this mb is unbelievable. Have faith in Tony Mowbray. He had a day to get his own stamp on the team and already we've played unbelievably we might have drawn but it's the best we have played. 

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Some Wolves fans aren't happy with Lambert at all, but that is very similar to people on here having a go at Mowbray after 4 days in the job

Gav, Some Wolves fans aren't happy with Lambert at all. But Some are tho. Think I time to judge is next season with Lambert. He needs a full pre season to put all of his methods in place. Look at Monk at Leeds who has a full pre season with them That's when you can put your full ideas across to the players and have a style of play that you want and make signings around that

He has talk sense since day 1. He has tried to put some ideas into place and I'm looking forward to see these further out into place.

I think Mowbray will bring in gk coach shortly as we don't have one and academy gk coach Ben Benson took the GK warm ups.

I shouldn't really ask but I'm intrigued to know. How is Nixon taking the Coyle sacking, and what's his opinion on TM? I don't have access to his twitter.