BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

I shouldn't really ask but I'm intrigued to know. How is Nixon taking the Coyle sacking, and what's his opinion on TM? I don't have access to his twitter.

I was ignored for days. He has blocked plenty of Rovers fans. I wouldn't be surprise if I'm blocked now.

The problem is the decision was right but later than I wanted

After the Coyle sacking he was rubbishing claims that Rovers already had a replacement lined up. Clearly the quick appointment of Mowbray was already arranged yet Nixon was saying people were being stupid thinking Rovers already had someone ready to come in. Showed himself up there big style.

• Like 2

Think the red top funster recent activity is summmed up nicely below.

You know when you buy a wee gem and you tell everybody how brilliant it is and has no links to dodgy mining practises in a 3rd world country then you go and get it valued and it turns out to be a fake gem manufactured in an even dodgier factory run by dodgy third parties , and everybody who you bragged to is ripping you for it so you throw and hissy fit, well that was six years ago when he was bragging about the wee gem keanstone and he has just repeated the process in the last six months with another fake this time a rare aquacoyle

51 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

So you don't know what he's been tweeting? Sounds like he's thrown the dummy.

Ive not really be following him tbh.

Only asked him about GK coach coming in? He didnt really know much

39 minutes ago, JHRover said:

After the Coyle sacking he was rubbishing claims that Rovers already had a replacement lined up. Clearly the quick appointment of Mowbray was already arranged yet Nixon was saying people were being stupid thinking Rovers already had someone ready to come in. Showed himself up there big style.

Think Mowbray coming in was complete under the radar.

I didnt see any links with him before he was appointed

• Backroom
1 hour ago, JHRover said:

The 'worst' part of the Mowbray appointment for me is the hope it gives. That will make the next few months more nerve racking and relegation, if it happens, even tougher to take. I won't hold Mowbray culpable in any way for relegation if it happens but it is just another case of 'what if'. What if they had acted sooner, what if they had never appointed Coyle in the first place.

Under Coyle I was bereft of all hope. I never believed from the minute he arrived until the minute he left that he was going to keep us up. I was resigned to relegation, and had even come to terms with it. Now, with the change, it injects that hope that will make it tougher to take.

I think Mowbray is a good fit for the club. He has certainly said all the right things and he deserves all our support. If nothing else just because he isn't Coyle. Refreshing to see a manager in a suit stood on the touchline barking instructions to the players from start to finish and being complementary about the club and fans.

If the worst does happen and we go down I hope he is trusted to try and bring us back up, and I hope he has the option to add to his coaching staff over time once he has settled in and decided what he needs.

I agree with a lot of this, I still think we'll go down but now feel worse about the prospect of it now like it will somehow hurt more.

i know it's been said I'm making excuses for him but I do think he has cause to have a few excuses with what he's inherited.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Phil T said:

We were as bad under Lambert, if not, worse, than we were under Bowyer. Even with the existing crop of players, I was overwhelmingly disappointed by the dismal performances and poor results.

The guy got off totally scot-free on the sole basis that he publicly highlighted our incompetent owners, almost to the detriment of our remaining performances if you ask me. I've got no problem at all with professionals exposing our owners, but the timing of it was awful, and clearly a self-preservation operation. He had almost as little care for Rovers as our owners at that point.

Fine. But a complete managerial fraud?

Always amazes me how poor people's memories are.

This time last year we actually looked a side, beat Boro at Ewood, should have beat Burnley, but more importantly I saw a team that looked fit, with shape, with a system for the first time in years.

Then as soon as I began to dream again, it seemed to dissipate. Now   I'm not privy to what went on behind the scenes, but it seems fairly clear that he had decided to leave- and performances dropped off markedly.

Bowyer was a poor manager, someone who couldn't get a tune out of a squad, whose quality we are unlikely to see again and after Gestede et al had departed, had us hurtling towards relegation.

The whole Lambert era was a wasted opportunity and more fool him if he expected backing from these owners, but no better than Gary Bloody Bowyer? Do me a favour!

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Always amazes me how poor people's memories are.

This time last year we actually looked a side, beat Boro at Ewood, should have beat Burnley, but more importantly I saw a team that looked fit, with shape, with a system for the first time in years.

Then as soon as I began to dream again, it seemed to dissipate. Now   I'm not privy to what went on behind the scenes, but it seems fairly clear that he had decided to leave- and performances dropped off markedly.

Bowyer was a poor manager, someone who couldn't get a tune out of a squad, whose quality we are unlikely to see again and after Gestede et al had departed, had us hurtling towards relegation.

The whole Lambert era was a wasted opportunity and more fool him if he expected backing from these owners, but no better than Gary Bloody Bowyer? Do me a favour!

This time last year we were on a run of 1 win in 11. This season we've done the double over Newcastle, one-off results mean next to nothing. Oh and saying 'we almost beat Burnley' as if that's a good thing is downright ridiculous.

Well I wasn't actually, I was more impressed with the overall performance, it all boded well for the following season. 

The Lambert era was a disappointment, the fella didn't want to be here, but comparing his 5 months with Bowyer's three seasons of failure (who was blessed with better players) is a tad unfair, no?

Edited by Mattyblue

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Well I wasn't actually, I was more impressed with the overall performance, it all boded well for the following season. 

The Lambert era was a disappointment, the fella didn't want to be here, but comparing his 5 months with Bowyer's three seasons of failure (who was blessed with better players) is a tad unfair, no?

Don't get me wrong, Bowyer was awful as well but Lambert wasn't much better (if at all).

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Some Wolves fans aren't happy with Lambert at all, but that is very similar to people on here having a go at Mowbray after 4 days in the job

Gav, Some Wolves fans aren't happy with Lambert at all. 

The last time I  Iooked Darwen was nowhere near the black country I know the council is changing the electoral wards but still I doubt there's many Wolves fans this way so don't know how you gauge that Chadd 

If I remember correctly you was a Lambert fan 

Anyway the past managers argument is pretty irrelevant at the moment we have a head coach 

Btw I think  Mowbray will keeps us up just about 

Edited by Athlete

Just now, Phil T said:

I'm not sure how performances under Lambert, particularly towards the end of his stint, could have "boded well for the following season"! I was certainly starting to doubt that before he went public about the money issue.

I was amazed we managed to land him that November - what a coup it was, along with Irvine. Unfortunately, there really was very little difference between him and Bowyer in terms of performances and results, and both managers got terminally worse towards the end.

Actually, many performances were very poor. I bought into the idea that he was just doing a patch up job for managing out the season before squad rebuilding in the summer. Cue hysterical laughter..and ambulances

Edited by Leonard Venkhater

16 minutes ago, Phil T said:

I'm not sure how performances under Lambert, particularly towards the end of his stint, could have "boded well for the following season"! 

They didn't, towards the end of his stint it was obvious he was going (the fact he hadn't bothered moving out of his hotel was another giveaway).

It never ceases to amaze me just how simplistic people see out current plight, yes the fortunes of the club eventually boil down to results, but so much more goes on in between and most people haven't got a clue.

Gary Bowyer did a tremendous job, initially to keep us up in his caretaker role, then to carry the club for the next few seasons whilst everyone around him was either sacked or left under a cloud. He hardly had any contact with the owners, his superiors offered little or no support, fought and robbed the club blind, and Bowyer still managed to keep us in the championship bringing decent talent through in the process.

Paul Lambert came in to gain promotion, was promised support from the owners and advisors to achieve that goal, but that promise was broken within weeks of him arriving, and he had to sell Rhodes who was treated disgracefully by the owners,  how can any of this lend itself to getting results on the pitch.

Mowbray has a boss in Senoir thats seemingly got a free reign, a free reign he doesn't deserve, his lack of experience in the top job means he's just another example of someone that should be nowhere near this football club, so Mowbray needs an educated fan base that see the bigger picture.

Supporting Blackburn Rovers in 2017 isn't just about results and performances on the pitch, open your minds, see the bigger picture for gods sake.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 7

Appreciate what Gary Bowyer did - not sure we are talking about him though??

Lambert - looked the part, seemed to have solid ideas, tougher on fitness but think was brought in to make the playoffs as "a last shot" and results were underwhelming. Graham aside - how have his transfers done?

Mowbray at this point needs/deserves our full support. Nail om head about defence and hard to undo shoddy fitness in March! 

Think is also an element of unfairness too in that Mowbray s record is pretty much a match for Lambert and a Huge leap Up from Coyle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Athlete said:

The last time I Iooked Darwen was nowhere near the black country I know the council is changing the electoral wards but still I doubt there's many Wolves fans this way so don't know how you gauge that Chadd 

If I remember correctly you was a Lambert fan

Btw I think  Mowbray will keeps us up just about 

Its called social media and football boards.

I like Lambert alot. Thought he could take our club on. But like I posted before that the time to judge him is next season. After a full pre season where he can put his full ideas across and get the fitness level to where he wants them to be  

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Senior has said it is a big summer and that there is money there. 

The guy wants to do a good job here to progress his career in football. 

I don't see how lying to fans will do that for him. 

Look I am not expecting 100 million to be spent or anything,but with some astute investments and promotion of youth,we can move well up the table. I believe where we are now is the low point. 

Senior has put it very clearly. He see his job next season as substantially cutting costs. To expect the club to flourish in a slash and burn environment like that is akin to expecting vacant hospital beds under the National Health.

We will NEVER prosper with Venkys.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its called social media and football boards.

I like Lambert alot. Thought he could take our club on. But like I posted before that the time to judge him is next season. After a full pre season where he can put his full ideas across and get the fitness level to where he wants them to be  

Not wanting to @#/? on your parade Chaddy but do you know who Mowbray's agent is ?