BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

3 hours ago, RV Blue said:

This time last year we were on a run of 1 win in 11. This season we've done the double over Newcastle, one-off results mean next to nothing. Oh and saying 'we almost beat Burnley' as if that's a good thing is downright ridiculous.

This season we've done he double over Newcastle? Well crack open the champagne!

Take a look at the league table, that double you are so pleased about looks to have given Coyle more weeks than he should have had. The same time that would have been bloody useful to his successor.

But still: 'that double, eh?'

Just now, Parsonblue said:

Last time I looked he was manager of Blackburn Rovers.  And before you ask Jal, I don't care who his agent may or may not be as long as he does a decent job at this club.

We was told he's the head coach parsons not manager.

What is there to hide it parsons I'm sure the supporters would love to know.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JAL said:

We was told he's the head coach parsons not manager.

What is there to hide it parsons I'm sure the supporters would love to know.

The majority of supporters will judge him on his abilities to deal with the team.  They, like myself, couldn't care less what title he has.

Lambert came in, he saw that we weren't fit enough worked on fitness which was a plus but whether he was a good manager I still undecided. He came in with grand ideas about Marshall about him having a clear defined role rather than moving around then promptly moved him around until he ended up back at right back. He had a clear defined style of play which did not suit Rhodes. Whether that was because he knew Rhodes was going in Janurary only he will know. For one series of games he got the team playing, we should of beaten the Dingles, we murdered Fulham and Boro but lets not forget we went on long runs without winning as well. After his first choice 11 the rest of the squad could not play the style he wanted but he refused to alter the system.

His signings were debatable at best. Ward, Bennet and Jackson were hardly inspiring even with the limits on funding. All three had played under him previously so this hardly showed a wide range of scouting or a wide range of player knowledge. The fact that he took Marshall and was rumoured to after Hanley suggests this still an issue for him. Boywer strong point that he seemed to pick up a sound player from somewhere so did that scouting leave with him, I know it could have been his dad as rumoured, so probably yes.

Lambert's season at Wolves seems to echo his time at Rovers so a pre-season and next season will show if he is a good manager or a fraud because at this stage I genuinely don't know especially after his time at Rovers. My cousins who are both Villa fans have a clear view on him and it points to the negative.

Mowbray does need time. He has spoken a good game, he has quickly already pointed out this season's weaknesses in defence. Fitness levels will take time but I genuinely feel that if he shows one ounce of football knowledge our beloved Rovers will survive. It looks like by the end of next week injured players will be returning which will be needed for the run in.

We are well aware of the stench of certain agents around the club so I'm afraid Jal's question is a resonable one Chaddy and Parsons, but we are now stuck with Mowbray so for the good of this great club we all have to get behind him. As soon as our fate is sealed this season then questions about whose behind Mowbray can be asked. Senior is a worry though and he fans need to get him to Q and A to grill him because the local media are in the club's pocket.

Edited by dingles staying down 4ever

11 hours ago, yoda said:

Not wanting to @#/? on your parade Chaddy but do you know who Mowbray's agent is ?

Been Stateside for 6 days and this is the first time I have been on here since correctly advising the MB that Senior had brought Coyle in just prior to the Man Utd game, clearly he could not dismiss Coyle a day or two before Utd.

I am not sure who Mowbray's agent is but both Lambert and Coyle were under the same agent, he lives on Sandy Lane in Brindle.

At the moment I do not care who his agent is, the bigger issue here is the owners; all we can hope is that Mowbray motivates the players, we have some sort of "Mowbray Factor" and we manage to get enough points to stay up. In my opinion Mowbray is capable of this, he and the players however do need fan backing at games until the end of the season.

Edited by preston blue
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

The majority of supporters will judge him on his abilities to deal with the team.  They, like myself, couldn't care less what title he has.

Well that's foolish Parson and a little obtuse if I may say so. The head coach role may mean he is limited in what he can do and who he can buy by Senior so to say it is irrelevant is not quote true. It can have a massive impact.

Likewise with who his agent is. Conflicts of interest? Rovers taken for a ride? We've not seen that before! Again these things matter and can have a huge effect on the club.

Just now, preston blue said:

Been Stateside for 10 days and this is the first time I have been on here since correctly advising the MB that Senior had brought Coyle in just prior to the Man Utd game, clearly he could not dismiss Coyle a day or two before Utd.

I am not sure who Mowbray's agent is but both Lambert and Coyle were under the same agent, he lives on Sandy Lane in Brindle.

At the moment I do not care who his agent is, the bigger issue here is the owners; all we can hope is that Mowbray motivates the players, we have some sort of "Mowbray Factor" and we manage to get enough points to stay up. In my opinion Mowbray is capable of this, he and the players however do need fan backing at games until the end of the season.

The only place I can find this unsubstantiated rumour is a post in the LT by a (notorious) dingle. Not sure how to check but if the rumour is true then nothing has changed.

That said, such is the size of the stain on football caused by agents in general, we either ignore it or become the football club equivalent of Mike Newell.

Oh, to be a normal football club. :(

Just now, preston blue said:

Been Stateside for 10 days and this is the first time I have been on here since correctly advising the MB that Senior had brought Coyle in just prior to the Man Utd game, clearly he could not dismiss Coyle a day or two before Utd.

You are totally agree there. 

Is the agent Dave Sheron?

Like Ive said before I'm personally not interested who Mowbray's agent is. I more interest that we start winning and stay up and be a championship club next season..then we need to restructure the squad and improved the fitness of the squad this summer. But the most important thing right now is staying up

Hope you had a good time in the states.  

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, Blue blood said:

Well that's foolish Parson and a little obtuse if I may say so. The head coach role may mean he is limited in what he can do and who he can buy by Senior so to say it is irrelevant is not quote true. It can have a massive impact.

Likewise with who his agent is. Conflicts of interest? Rovers taken for a ride? We've not seen that before! Again these things matter and can have a huge effect on the club.

Mowbray is happy to have the title of Head Coach, implying he is happy to have such restrictions in place (if they even exist, we won't know til it comes out).

Just now, Mike E said:

Mowbray is happy to have the title of Head Coach, implying he is happy to have such restrictions in place (if they even exist, we won't know til it comes out).

Does that make it better or worse, Mike?

• Backroom

Neither as we don't know if those restrictions are in place.

If they WERE:

Mowbray has a reasonable record of bringing young players into his teams at previous clubs (particularly Hibs and Boro off the top of my head) and his transfer record is so-so. Might be better to encourage what he's good at (coaching) and leaving him to be advisory only re: transfers.

On the other hand... Senior has brought in one transfer and it's a Portuguese donkey.

I argue it'd be worse long term, but may be the short term fix required.

The above makes sense as a normal club. But in the state we are? I haven't a clue.

Edited by Mike E

Just now, Mike E said:

Maybe it will help Mowbray tbh..lets him focus on the pitch and getting the team playing his way and let Senior and scouting staff find the players. Then come the summer Mowbray/Senior decide who we sign to fit the team style of play and tactics. 

• Backroom
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Maybe it will help Mowbray tbh..lets him focus on the pitch and getting the team playing his way and let Senior and scouting staff find the players. Then come the summer Mowbray/Senior decide who we sign to fit the team style of play and tactics. 

I certainly HOPE that's the plan chaddy. Just a shame we don't have a record of sensible decisions in 6.5 years :/

21 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

The head coach/director of football relationship works well all across Europe so no reason to believe that it can't work in this country.

Just now, Mike E said:

quite a few clubs call the person in charge Head Coach, noticed on sky the other night they called Paul Lambert Head Coach

14 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

The head coach/director of football relationship works well all across Europe so no reason to believe that it can't work in this country.

There are plenty of reasons why it might not work here Parson.

Shebby, SEM, Anderson have all supplied players for our "coach" for the last 6 years. Now Senior has stepped in, denied Coyle his signings and thrust Joao on us.

I can't believe how naive some people are to the dangers. Appoint a good manager, let him decide who he wants to bring in - and back him.

Edited by den
  • Like 4