BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

Anyone is better than coyle. I'm not overwhelmed by the appointment but having coyles bs out the door can only be a good thing. If you would of asked last week I think nearly everyone would of swapped mowbray for coyle. However their was still better alternative managers available. I'm extremely worried by the fact he has come in as a head coach which is basically working with the players on a day to day basis and getting ready for match day, which leaves dodgy  bullshiiter Paul senior to play puppet master and recruit who he likes with the backing of venkys as well as take care of contractual obligations. I don't think the storm has even peaked yet. Testing times ahead.

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

Just now, rossyrover said:

Not what most fans wanted but we've got to give him a chance and get behind the team.

Why give him a chance? If he is prepared to work for this circus then he is just as bad as them.

A decent bloke wouldn't affiliate himself with the vile.

Let himself down big time.

Edited by Dunnfc
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, DE. said:

His win % in his full time positions, for those who are interested:

Hibs - 48.15%

WBA - 40.71%

Celtic - 51.11%

Boro - 39.87%

Coventry - 34.67%

Overall - 41.98%

In comparison, Coyle's overall win % is 39.32%. Overalls arguably aren't a great stat to use though, as Lambert is only 38.9% (Rev will like that), and Bowyer is 35.63%.

What struck me about that record was more wins than losses in every job. So while he got fired a few times for losing runs, he must've had good winning runs in those jobs too, and that's all we need right now.

I'm an optimist and see him as the best we could get right now - we are more damaged goods than he is. He was a defender, and a good one at that, so hopefully will improve our powderpuff central defence and I also noticed on Wiki he is teetotal.

• Like 2

again, they had the chance to bring in a manager that might get the fans excited, or at least get the fans off their back. Instead, they bring in Mowbray, probably another yes man, who wasnt allowed to bring in his own backroom staff. How does a manager take a job, and not be allowed to bring in people he is comfortable with. 

57 minutes ago, Tom said:

Just reeks of another inside job, the fact Lowe was poised to take over training instantly. Another agents man but this time Senior pulling the strings 

People telling me Lowe was sacked and paid up 12 months ago and then brought back later by Barry Bling to the consternation of everybody at Brockhall. Now he is Assistant bloody manager!!  If this is true we are  one massive sh1t hole of a club these days.Jesus H , what have we ever done to deserve these clueless cretins? 

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Why give him a chance? If he is prepared to work for this circus then he is just as bad as them.

Why give him a chance? How's about in case he can turn this around!!

We needed a change, what did you expect? The real problem is always the ownership but this is hiring an actual manager without messing around for months when we needed a quick decision.

• Like 4

Just now, rog of the rovers said:

Mowbray at Coventry 2014/15

Went in with 14 games to go. Aim - To keep them up.

P14 W5 D4 L5 Pts 19

4 Clean Sheets

4 of 5 victories away from home.

Lets say with the added game for Rovers he ends

P15 W5 D5 L5 Pts 20

Would 49 points keep us up?

Possibly, assuming that 2 of his wins are the home games against Wigan and Bristol City - a winning start at Burton would be a real bonus (albeit extremely unlikely).  

His real challenge is finding a system that gives the players a chance to stop leaking goals, some stablility in selection would be handy.

with improved structure, fitness and discipline, we may yet scape through, need to be much tougher and harder to beat as certainly with Coyle we were pretty much pushovers, not good at closing down in midfield, and played too deep hence as an impression, we always look like conceding goals.

not sure he's necessarily the best appointment, but Mowbray seems the right type of person, fingers crossed.

Just now, Iceman said:

again, they had the chance to bring in a manager that might get the fans excited, or at least get the fans off their back. Instead, they bring in Mowbray, probably another yes man, who wasnt allowed to bring in his own backroom staff. How does a manager take a job, and not be allowed to bring in people he is comfortable with. 

How do you know that they had that opportunity though? I doubt they had people lining up to take over a club second from bottom, with no money to spend and shambolic ownership. It would be a massive gamble for any 'up and coming' manager of promise to come here - look at what happened to Appleton. You make it sound like we could appoint anyone we wanted. Most sensible candidates would run a mile.

Clearly, that's all Venkys fault too, goes without saying. 

The bottom line is that if he keeps us up, then he'll have performed a miracle and we'll all be saying what a great job he's done. What happens after that is anyone's guess.

• Like 1

Just now, Iceman said:

As Chris Sutton said only a "desperate" one would take the Rovers job

• Like 2

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Anyone is better than coyle. I'm not overwhelmed by the appointment but having coyles bs out the door can only be a good thing. If you would of asked last week I think nearly everyone would of swapped mowbray for coyle. However their was still better alternative managers available. I'm extremely worried by the fact he has come in as a head coach which is basically working with the players on a day to day basis and getting ready for match day, which leaves dodgy  bullshiiter Paul senior to play puppet master and recruit who he likes with the backing of venkys as well as take care of contractual obligations. I don't think the storm has even peaked yet. Testing times ahead.

To be honest, our managers aren't given any money to spend or have any say so over who goes - so it's one of the few accurate titles at Rovers.

• Like 1

Just now, Jbizzle said:

Why give him a chance? How's about in case he can turn this around!!

We needed a change, what did you expect? The real problem is always the ownership but this is hiring an actual manager without messing around for months when we needed a quick decision.

Manger well head coach... with a Senior in charge pretending to play director of football.

You seriously have to wonder who the hell walks out on SISU and joins Venkys months later, it's hardly someone with a high level of self respect is it and it's borderline hypocritical.

He can do whatever. I genuinely don't care anymore, good luck to him.

Support from day one? We've done that for each of the Venky 7 appointments with each one progressively more underwhelming than any predecessor bar Lambert. Did we really have Lambert to Coyle to Mowbray in 12 months or am I in a bad dream. It's come to the point where I think support needs to earned over a period of time and not just give on day one because we've got our latest washed up has been with the Venky/SEM PR machine in the background lapping up the "support".

Edited by Dunnfc

1 minute ago, Dunnfc said:

Cos we need to stay up and be a championship team next season. Or do you want to go down?

Just now, dinglebasher said:

How do you know that they had that opportunity though? I doubt they had people lining up to take over a club second from bottom, with no money to spend and shambolic ownership. It would be a massive gamble for any 'up and coming' manager of promise to come here - look at what happened to Appleton. You make it sound like we could appoint anyone we wanted. Most sensible candidates would run a mile.

Clearly, that's all Venkys fault too, goes without saying. 

The bottom line is that if he keeps us up, then he'll have performed a miracle and we'll all be saying what a great job he's done. What happens after that is anyone's guess.

Well said. I am personally astonished that they've acted so quickly in bringing actual experience in. I can certainly get behind the new man but that doesn't mean that I support the owners anymore than before.

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Cos we need to stay up and be a championship team next season. Or do you want to go down?

If by a miracle we stay up, with the way the club is now being ran and cut to death then surely you realise next season we will be the favourite for the drop anyways?

Why delay the inevitable?