BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

Just out of interest.....

Stats based purely on time at Middlesbrough.

Gareth Southgate P 151 - W 45 - D 43 - L 63 (win percentage 29.8%)

Steve McClaren P 250 - W 97 - D 60 - L 93 (win percentage 38.8%)

Tony Mowbray P 153 - W61 - D 37 - L 55 (win percentage 39.87%)

Two of these were deemed good enough to go on and manage the national team. I know that doesn't say much, but interesting nonetheless.

• Like 1

Just now, Jbizzle said:

Well said. I am personally astonished that they've acted so quickly in bringing actual experience in. I can certainly get behind the new man but that doesn't mean that I support the owners anymore than before.

If our recent history at time taken in appointing managers is anything to go by, this is a surprisingly fast appointment.

2 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

What struck me about that record was more wins than losses in every job. So while he got fired a few times for losing runs, he must've had good winning runs in those jobs too, and that's all we need right now.

I'm an optimist and see him as the best we could get right now - we are more damaged goods than he is. He was a defender, and a good one at that, so hopefully will improve our powderpuff central defence and I also noticed on Wiki he is teetotal.

Teetotal? Not for long I'll wager.

I'm not sure what people were expecting but this appointment pretty much fits the profile that Blackburn Rovers 2017 have created. First and foremost he will be cheap and for that they have got an experienced guy who can set up teams defensively. I don't think the next fifteen games will be pretty and relegation will be very much in the balance to the end of the season.

For what it's worth I have just had a conversation with somebody who knows him well and has done for a long time. He praised his honesty and diligence and feels he can eke enough points from our remaining fixtures to keep us up.

• Like 6

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

On another point - how come Lowe has leapfrogged both Johnno and Dunny in the pecking order and how come Dunny has leapfrogged Johnno ?    From what bit I understand Johnno was doing a great job with the younger players.

Best to leave him there then? Push them on to the first team.

After the initial shock, I am heartened by reading the message boards from his previous clubs. He is obviously a man of integrity and pride. He is a hard man in some respects and I think he will ride the players if they coast.

I think that Coyle worked absolute wonders at the start of the season in assembling a decent squad with no financial backing. Unfortunately he is ineffective as a manager and was taking us down. We have the players here to climb the league and have to hope for a positive start. I think Mowbray will be pleasantly surprised by the quality of some of the players here.

One slightly negative point is Dunn 's admiration of Jason Lowe. I was surprised to hear this some time ago from the horses mouth. I wouldn't be surprised to see Lowe back in centre midfield on Friday which always spells disaster for me.

Just now, arbitro said:

I'm not sure what people were expecting but this appointment pretty much fits the profile that Blackburn Rovers 2017 have created. First and foremost he will be cheap and for that they have got an experienced guy who can set up teams defensively. I don't think the next fifteen games will be pretty and relegation will be very much in the balance to the end of the season.

For what it's worth I have just had a conversation with somebody who knows him well and has done for a long time. He praised his honesty and diligence and feels he can eke enough points from our remaining fixtures to keep us up.

Let's hope so. If he's as honest as that I can see him doing a Lambert before too long.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

On another point - how come Lowe has leapfrogged both Johnno and Dunny in the pecking order and how come Dunny has leapfrogged Johnno ?    From what bit I understand Johnno was doing a great job with the younger players.

I asked the LET chap that exact question on Twitter and alas no response.

Anybody know what Mowbray has been like in promoting youth at this other clubs?

4 minutes ago, TBTF said:

People telling me Lowe was sacked and paid up 12 months ago and then brought back later by Barry Bling to the consternation of everybody at Brockhall. Now he is Assistant bloody manager!!  If this is true we are  one massive sh1t hole of a club these days.Jesus H , what have we ever done to deserve these clueless cretins? 

Why would Barry get involved to bring him back?  Of all the things to get involved in at Ewood, I don't see it being this.

I'm more concerned with Dunn's ability to get himself fit, never mind the first team.

I thought the owners were scraping the barrel when Owen Coyle was appointed. This is a whole different barrel.

Did some Blackburn fan run over Mrs Venkys cat eight years ago and her revenge was to buy the club and run it into the ground? Someone has done something to them to peeve them off this badly that they seem intent on destroying the club as punishment.

• Like 1

The club will never recover until Venkys & 'partners/stakeholders' leave.

Until that day, I am quite happy to see the back of Mr Coyle because he was taking us down.

On Mr Mowbray, let's give him a chance, if he keeps us up that's the best I am hoping for and I will be grateful.

In the meantime, we should all keep an eye on the bigger picture, the unfolding power struggle to run the club.

Edited by MCMC1875
  • Like 9

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Let me ask a question - of the " stay away/boycotters "  how many will be returning on the strength of these latest appointments ? Not me for one.

I will be more inclined to go to the odd match than when Coyle was manager. Still not going back full time until venkys go.

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cos we need to stay up and be a championship team next season. Or do you want to go down?

What will change if we stay up Chaddy? The clubs got no hope whether we stay up or go down how can you not see that? Of course I want us too stay up but either way, we're up s**t creek.

• Like 2