BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Drop Smallwood. 

Bennett comes straight back into the team for me. One of my main players. 

IMO, that would be an illogical move based on blind loyalty towards an admittedly committed player who doesnt really offer an attacking threat.

Bennett on one wing and Conway on the other for me is far too conservative. I would like to see Reed central in an ideal world.

Next week should be the same midfield again. If Bennett is fit, he can be sub.

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I agree. As a replacement for Smallwood is his best role imo 

I'm not sure by his ball retention as a central midfielder in anything other than a short term role.

Im not sure he warrants a starting place at the moment.

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

IMO, that would be an illogical move based on blind loyalty towards an admittedly committed player who doesnt really offer an attacking threat.

Bennett on one wing and Conway on the other for me is far too conservative. I would like to see Reed central in an ideal world.

I'm not sure by his ball retention as a central midfielder in anything other than a short term role.

Ya, I agree,but he brings energy in there. A nightmare to play against. I wouldn't say he is a definite starter, just that he should be competing with Smallwood for the "destroyer annoyer breaker upper" role 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, I agree,but he brings energy in there. A nightmare to play against. I wouldn't say he is a definite starter, just that he should be competing with Smallwood for the "destroyer annoyer breaker upper" role 

If the EFL has relaxed its rules on cloning players, Reed would be able to do that role and continue what he did yesterday within the same team. Feel like Reed is a lovely upgrade.

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If the EFL has relaxed its rules on cloning players, Reed would be able to do that role and continue what he did yesterday within the same team. Feel like Reed is a lovely upgrade.

I agree, but if Reed doesn't start right wing, who does? He has been a great addition. If all players we have signed on loan, he is "one of ours". The work rate and ability he shows. I hope we sign him 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Cracked metatarsal I read. I wonder would Conway have started if he was fit. Where does Bennett get back in now? 

It's as clear as day that Bennett starts for Conway when he's back, think thats the four Mowbray would go with when everyones fit.

Edited by MarkBRFC

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I agree, but if Reed doesn't start right wing, who does? He has been a great addition. If all players we have signed on loan, he is "one of ours". The work rate and ability he shows. I hope we sign him 

No thats what I mean. If it was possible I'd play at least 3 of him.

27 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Because week in week out he's not been this good previously. He could just as easily play against play against 'Boro on Saturday and get the shepherds crook after half an hour again. Same goes for Downing to be honest.

Hopefully not. I would be concerned about Downing. Hopefully he proves me wrong 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Bennett plays every time he fit. He wont be fit for the Boro game. No need to rush him back. 

You could have said that yesterday with Reed and Conway wide. 

Reed performance yesterday wide was excellent. He got forward alot and should have scored

Conway has earned a start - don't think anyone will disagree with that.

Up to him now to keep up a similar level to what we just saw - exactly how a squad should be worked. Downing too, regularly not even on the bench but put in a good display so deserves more recognition in the team. 

Give the shirt to the players that perform - those that dont will have to up their game. Exactly how it should be.

• Like 4

Just now, 1864roverite said:

There is still hysteria on this forum. We have 29 points in the bag already, that is a solid base imo to progress through a December tough series of matches and into the new year.

great result and much better across the board

Hysteria you will find on all football forums - why do people think this is only Rovers? Just go take a look around, I visit many other clubs forums and it is exactly the same.

Just now, Batman. said:

Who said it's only here? Doesn't mean it's not cretinous.

Then go on a crusade and spout your nonsense to all the lands my friend. TBH it says more about you than anyone else, fans will always voice emotional responses but it is always the fair few like yourself that act like vultures after the event has occurred. Funny, we did not see you mention your opinion on the starting eleven - why? 

Edit: so you can take the morale high ground. 

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 2

On 01/12/2018 at 23:58, chaddyrovers said:

Brereton signing has been explained. 

Only in the same way that you claim to have explained obvious contradictions in your posts.

Many of us (most?) clearly don't find the explanations about Brereton very convincing.

Judging by the way TM plays Brereton, he doesn't think this was a great signing either.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

Conway has earned a start - don't think anyone will disagree with that.

Up to him now to keep up a similar level to what we just saw - exactly how a squad should be worked. Downing too, regularly not even on the bench but put in a good display so deserves more recognition in the team. 

Give the shirt to the players that perform - those that dont will have to up their game. Exactly how it should be.

Correct, I'm not a big Conway fan but he played well on Saturday, he should get the chance to do it again at 'Boro. Same goes for Downing.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Then go on a crusade and spout your nonsense to all the lands my friend. TBH it says more about you than anyone else, fans will always voice emotional responses but it is always the fair few like yourself that act like vultures after the event has occurred. Funny, we did not see you mention your opinion on the starting eleven - why? 

Edit: so you can take the morale high ground. 

What are all my posts on this thread regarding?

I don't even think you know what you're arguing about anymore.

16 hours ago, 47er said:

Only in the same way that you claim to have explained obvious contradictions in your posts.

Many of us (most?) clearly don't find the explanations about Brereton very convincing.

Judging by the way TM plays Brereton, he doesn't think this was a great signing either.

What explanations?  It's all pretty straight forward and upfront, It's like you have a mission to try and confuse the issue 

What parts don't you understand? 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dack delighted at Mowbray signing a new contract. His words about class and show why we are lucky to have the manager we have. 

Come on Chaddy behave.

Would you really expect anything different from the club site?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Come on Chaddy behave.

Nor would I expect him to lie through his teeth. BD probably has more to thank Mowbray the man for, than Mowbray the manager. Glad that he appreciates that. Or he might be banged up by now. Anyway you chattering classes crack on debating how much better you would be as Rovers manager ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mercer said:

Come on Chaddy behave.

I am sure he means it. Mowbray signed him from League 1 and has turned him into a player being mooted to move to the Premier league for £20 million plus. 

I think some of you are deliberately disagreeable just to try and wind poor oul Chaddy up 

• Like 1

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/17282065.mowbray-stayed-on-middle-ground-during-mixed-rovers-week/?ref=mac

Well said. 

Mowbray said: “My job isn’t to get too high or too low, my job is to manage the team and the expectations.

“I understand we live in a social media world where everyone can make comments and reactions and however many thousands of people react off their comments and it makes for a debate. I know your job (the media’s) is to follow those lines and see if there’s a positivity or negativity around things.

“I have to stay in a middle ground and I knew that we were still a good team but needed to readdress a few things.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I am sure he means it. Mowbray signed him from League 1 and has turned him into a player being mooted to move to the Premier league for £20 million plus. 

I think some of you are deliberately disagreeable just to try and wind poor oul Chaddy up 

I didnt reply. Not taking the bait. 

• Like 1