BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

1 hour ago, 47er said:

That's where Liverpool signed him from wasn't it?

Just looked him up. He was signed from Boro but was actually in Australia playing for West Adelaide.

Even more amusing, he was at Tottenham from 1970-72 and made no appearances. Could always spot a good player that club!!

I think he played in the same Spurs youth team as Noel Brotherston.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks as if he’s on the same page as negative brfcs again...

TM: “I want to get #Rovers to the Premier League as soon as I can. We do need some help along the way to be able to win every week. I’m sure the fans go through every game and see the points we’ve dropped this season.”

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Looks as if he’s on the same page as negative brfcs again...

TM: “I want to get #Rovers to the Premier League as soon as I can. We do need some help along the way to be able to win every week. I’m sure the fans go through every game and see the points we’ve dropped this season.”

Steve Wonder can see we should be higher up the table 

• Backroom

It's always slim margins with Mowbray. We rarely ease to victory, and although we get hammered on occasion we largely only lose by the odd goal as well. A ton of draws are inevitable. The concern with teams like ours is whether we can get ourselves out of a tailspin. Harder to do when you literally never dominate a match regardless of opposition. When those margins start going against you, morale drops and soon it becomes a big problem. Alarm bells should be ringing because our current form is dragging us down towards the relegation zone. 

Let's hope that he has a better transfer window in January than the awful summer one that he had otherwise I fear we will be looking nervously over our shoulder come the end of the season. Although his previous signing's (Dack aside) don't give me confidence.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, DE. said:

It's always slim margins with Mowbray. We rarely ease to victory, and although we get hammered on occasion we largely only lose by the odd goal as well. A ton of draws are inevitable. The concern with teams like ours is whether we can get ourselves out of a tailspin. Harder to do when you literally never dominate a match regardless of opposition. When those margins start going against you, morale drops and soon it becomes a big problem. Alarm bells should be ringing because our current form is dragging us down towards the relegation zone. 

Our old inability to impose ourselves on the game for more than a half is still there. We got away with it last season but we won't this time. That and our inability to start games at a high tempo, that's been going on for ages as well.

A bit like Bowyer before him I think all things considered i'm not a massive critic of Tony's signings up to now but I am perplexed at how he uses a lot of them. But he has had some money and a bit of freedom in the market not hampered by embargo yet Dack aside the mainstays of the team weren't brought in by him which is a bit worrying.

Edited by tomphil

20 minutes ago, tomphil said:

A bit like Bowyer before him I think all things considered i'm not a massive critic of Tony's signings up to now but I am perplexed at how he uses a lot of them. But he has had some money and a bit of freedom in the market not hampered by embargo yet Dack aside the mainstays of the team weren't brought in by him which is a bit worrying.

I'd be loathed to give Mowbray any more money. Which begs a question!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

Seen a few posts worrying about the other end of the table. Only positive is the teams down there aren’t winning many either and 11 points is still a decent buffer.

Been a real poor run since QPR that means we are even thinking it...

That will probably be our saving grace that there is such dross like Ipswich, Bolton, Hull, Millwall, Rotherham and Reading down there.

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Ewood Ace said:

That will probably be our saving grace that there is such dross like Ipswich, Bolton, Hull, Millwall, Rotherham and Reading down there.

Of those we've only beaten Bolton and Hull, I think? Drew with Ipswich, Millwall, Rotherham and Reading... Wigan only have one more point than Hull and they absolutely wrecked us. Preston just below us at the moment but also taught us a lesson recently. Bristol City on the same points as us but also beat us 4-1.

Fair to say we're, unfortunately, probably sinking back down to our level. I'd say we probably should be in that group of clubs scrapping it out closer to the bottom, albeit at the top of that mini-league as we're at least able to get draws rather than lose most of the time. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Seen a few posts worrying about the other end of the table. Only positive is the teams down there aren’t winning many either and 11 points is still a decent buffer.

Since the season started I have consistently said we need 50 points quickly otherwise we will have a difficult last few months. Mowbrays comments about potential signings in January reinforced my line of thinking as without decent new blood I believe the struggle will be greater.

42 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

After that QPR win we were 8th, one point off the play-offs, ten points off relegation. 7 games on and we are 14th, seven points off, twelves points off relegation.

The poorer teams aren’t getting better but we are getting poorer than the better teams.

I love Tony. I want him to be a massive success.... But my God I have no faith in him. It's like listening to my overweight chain smoking grandad tell me he's going to complete a half marathon. I love him and I will back him but I have no faith what so ever he can achieve what he has set out to do.  

I don't believe he will get us promoted. I don't believe he is ruthless enough to make the necessary changes in and out . I don't believe he will build a squad capable of  beautiful city-esque passing style of play he keeps telling us he wants to play. I don't believe he will keep our better players long enough to build anything. I don't believe he will give our youth a fair chance and lose some decent talent along the way because of it. 

I do believe he will continue to play players out of position in unfathomable formations and be loyal to players who should be shipped out. I do believe he will keep talking in ways we all love and not actually do anything pro active to achieve what he says, but i don't want him to ever leave because he has such a lovely soft accent and trust worthy eyes. His little enthusiastic face when he tells tales of old, and the future he envisages , like a newly in love couple on the first day they move in together, full of Hope and passion and belief.

They will be the same tales he tells down the pub long after he has retired ending in " if only " . 

But less of that and get behind the lads ffs

Merry Xmas kids :xmas:

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 6

12 hours ago, Stuart said:

After that QPR win we were 8th, one point off the play-offs, ten points off relegation. 7 games on and we are 14th, seven points off, twelves points off relegation.

The poorer teams aren’t getting better but we are getting poorer than the better teams.

Which is exactly where most people thought we would be - a mid-table position, not with a realistic chance of chasing promotion but with more than enough to stay out of the bottom three.  The first season after promotion is usually a consolidation job but it's the next couple of seasons that the manager will be judged on in terms of where we are with regard to challenging for promotion. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Parsonblue said:

Which is exactly where most people thought we would be - a mid-table position, not with a realistic chance of chasing promotion but with more than enough to stay out of the bottom three.  The first season after promotion is usually a consolidation job but it's the next couple of seasons that the manager will be judged on in terms of where we are with regard to challenging for promotion. 

We are only halfway though and we are dropping like a stone.

Luckily (fingers crossed) there are some awful teams down there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Parsonblue said:

Agree - people have higher expectations at the moment purely down to the job he has done.

It’s one thing to have a different opinion about the teams he picks or the subs he makes, but in my eyes; demanding “ruthless changes” makes you look and sound stupid when we’ve lost twice at home in 15 months.

Thankfully I believe TM knows the subtle, slight changes to improve us by fine margins is the way forward long term.

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

We are only halfway though and we are dropping like a stone.

Luckily (fingers crossed) there are some awful teams down there.

You can’t “drop like a stone” without being a good position to lose. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Biz said:

You can’t “drop like a stone” without being a good position to lose. 

We were 7th, and 7 games later we are 14th and likely to get zero points in the next three games. Worrying times.

Glad we finally agree on something though. ?? Merry Christmas.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Biz said:

Agree - people have higher expectations at the moment purely down to the job he has done.

It’s one thing to have a different opinion about the teams he picks or the subs he makes, but in my eyes; demanding “ruthless changes” makes you look and sound stupid when we’ve lost twice at home in 15 months.

Thankfully I believe TM knows the subtle, slight changes to improve us by fine margins is the way forward long term.

This.

6 minutes ago, Stuart said:

We were 7th, and 7 games later we are 14th and likely to get zero points in the next three games. Worrying times.

Glad we finally agree on something though. ?? Merry Christmas.

Must admit that my expectations were lower so 7th was massively overachieving. 14th or 17th to me is less important than the buffer to the bottom 3. 

Not directed at you but suspect the Brerton signing is a factor in the frustration. If TM only had Nuttall and AA (Samuel injured) then i wonder if we would be more "understanding?"

• Like 1