BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Big Summer Clearout

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

This guy really enjoys his international breaks.

If we can get more that £10m for him - big ‘if’ - then I’d cash in. We’ve got Rothwell and Armstrong to fill in for the number 10 spot. We can use the cash on a new defence.

C84D5BD1-4DB2-497C-A193-0F1B8E610E4B.jpeg

What is the problem with Dack going out having a few drinks/meal in Manchester on Friday night? 

Are you complain/moan about Mulgrew being out last night with his and Paul Gallagher and his missus having a meal and drinks at Yu Copster Green restuarant/bar? 

Or Travis and His missus going out for drinks and Meal in Liverpool in the past few days or Brereton and His missus going out to San Carlo in Manchester on Saturday night? 

Maybe we should sell anyone who leave their house other to attend Rovers games and trained at Brockhall. These are only footballers and they are entitled to a social life and have some fun. You might not want to do that or did so in your 20's. I know I deffo enjoyed my life in my 20's and enjoyed night outs over all the UK drinking and I never missed any time/days off at work. Now 34 years old Im settled down and enjoying family life but still.have the odd night out at the same places footballers go to. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

What is the problem with Dack going out having a few drinks/meal in Manchester on Friday night? 

Are you complain/moan about Mulgrew being out last night with his and Paul Gallagher and his missus having a meal and drinks at Yu Copster Green restuarant/bar? 

Or Travis and His missus going out for drinks and Meal in Liverpool in the past or Brereton and His missus going out to San Carlo in Manchester on Saturday night? 

Maybe we should sell anyone who leave their house other to attend Rovers games and trained at Brockhall. These are only footballers and they are entitled to a social life and have some fun. You might not want to do that or did so in your 20's. I know I deffo enjoyed my life in my 20's and enjoyed night outs over all the UK drinking and I never missed any time/days off at work. Now 34 years old Im settled down and enjoying family life but still.have the odd night out at the same places footballers go to. 

Which team do you play for?

Stop being obtuse, Chris. The modern footballer is an athlete. They need to be physically and mentally at their peak during the season. They get a month off a year to relax and go on holiday, have fun - within reason - and are made millionaires by way of compensation.

Dack’s lifestyle means he will never make it to the top of the game and is wasting his talent. He’s a poor man’s David Dunn.

We should cash-in while we can.

• Like 1

I know I deffo enjoyed my life in my 20's and enjoyed night outs over all the UK drinking and I never missed any time/days off at work. Now 34 years old Im settled down and enjoying family life but still.have the odd night out at the same places footballers go to. 

Although you are a professional Rovers supporter, you weren't a professional footballer. These lads are supposed to be trained athletes, earning huge wages. I don't think it's expecting much for them to behave in a professional manner, which includes not plastering their social life all over social media. 

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

Which team do you play for?

Stop being obtuse, Chris. The modern footballer is an athlete. They need to be physically and mentally at their peak during the season. They get a month off a year to relax and go on holiday, have fun - within reason - and are made millionaires by way of compensation.

Dack’s lifestyle means he will never make it to the top of the game and is wasting his talent. He’s a poor man’s David Dunn.

We should cash-in while we can.

No we shouldnt cash in at all for your reason given. Notice no comments about the 3 other players who ive mention being out this weekend. Wonder why? Another classic Stuart witch hunt. He has done nothing wrong at all. Was he not out watching England game having a few drinks and meal? What the problem with that? 

I have to physically right for my job and we are regular tested for drugs and alcohol with the machinery we used. If these are positive we are sack no questions asked. 

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Although you are a professional Rovers supporter, you weren't a professional footballer. These lads are supposed to be trained athletes, earning huge wages. I don't think it's expecting much for them to behave in a professional manner, which includes not plastering their social life all over social media. 

All footballers/missus do now..its the modern times. 

I used to see McCarthy and Samba out in Manchester after a game drinking and dancing but no comment about that

Or Travis and His missus going out for drinks and Meal in Liverpool in the past few days or Brereton and His missus going out to San Carlo in Manchester on Saturday night? 

Wasn't Dack arrested less than 18 months ago when having a few drinks in Manchester? And his subsequent non compliance with his sentence almost saw him jailed. Footballers are targets and in Dacks case one more misdemeanour and his sales value will plummet.

I used to see McCarthy and Samba out in Manchester after a game drinking and dancing but no comment about that

Common denominator with Dack / Mulgrew / McCarthy / Samba is that although they are / were good players, they could / should have achieved far more. Imagine how good Dack could be if he looked after his body better or McCarthy if he hadn't eaten so many McDonalds? Its up to them I suppose if they don;t want to reach the very top but if I had their earning power and ability I would want a very long career.....which means no drinking, dancing or eating bad food. 

No we shouldnt cash in at all for your reason given. Notice no comments about the 3 other players who ive mention being out this weekend. Wonder why? Another classic Stuart witch hunt. He has done nothing wrong at all. Was he not out watching England game having a few drinks and meal? What the problem with that? 

I have to physically right for my job and we are regular tested for drugs and alcohol with the machinery we used. If these are positive we are sack no questions asked. 

Mulgrew will be retired soon but yes, he too should be looking after himself better. All players should be made to sign a no-alcohol contract for the duration of the season.

You seem to be happy to overlook one player’s clear problem in keeping himself at the level he needs to be and will excuse each and every incident - presumably because he has talent. For me, his value for Rovers has almost certainly peaked and we need to cash in while we can.

I think it's more because they seem to care more about going out and flashing it about in public than they care about application and effort on the pitch.

I couldn't give a toss what they do in their own time but when performances on the pitch are pathetic which includes the likes of Dack, Mulgrew, Travis and the like the  it's more than understandable that supporters get pissed off.

You earn your wage by performing regularly. Not having a spell of 4 games being won then 2 months off, rinse and repeat. 

They should have clauses in their contracts that state you don't perform you don't get your full £15k or £20k wage. Watch how many turn into prime players then.

• Like 1

Just now, arbitro said:

Wasn't Dack arrested less than 18 months ago when having a few drinks in Manchester? And his subsequent non compliance with his sentence almost saw him jailed. Footballers are targets and in Dacks case one more misdemeanour and his sales value will plummet.

Since then he has been clean hasnt he? 

He's in a relationship and living in the centre of Manchester. Nothing wrong with going out for.a meal and drinks. Or the odd night out. 

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Common denominator with Dack / Mulgrew / McCarthy / Samba is that although they are / were good players, they could / should have achieved far more. Imagine how good Dack could be if he looked after his body better or McCarthy if he hadn't eaten so many McDonalds? Its up to them I suppose if they don;t want to reach the very top but if I had their earning power and ability I would want a very long career.....which means no drinking, dancing or eating bad food. 

Didnt McCarthy win a Champions League medal and play international football? 

But yet again that you Jim not them. Nothing wrong with enjoying yourself with a meal and few drinks at the right time.

Just now, Stuart said:

Mulgrew will be retired soon but yes, he too should be looking after himself better. All players should be made to sign a no-alcohol contract for the duration of the season.

You seem to be happy to overlook one player’s clear problem in keeping himself at the level he needs to be and will excuse each and every incident - presumably because he has talent. For me, his value for Rovers has almost certainly peaked and we need to cash in while we can.

Cant agree Stuart. This is a job. Thats all. Its a very well paid job but thats it. 

I have no problem with any players going out for meals or drinks during international breaks or after games. Yes not 48 hours before a game

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The difference is Chaddy that you are not a professional athlete. You only have to look at Dack to see that he is not in the shape that he needs to be to reach his full potential and it is also no coincidence that as the season has gone on his performances have dropped. Also previously one of Dack's night's out has resulted in problems with the law, which reflects badly on the club.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

This guy really enjoys his international breaks.

If we can get more that £10m for him - big ‘if’ - then I’d cash in. We’ve got Rothwell and Armstrong to fill in for the number 10 spot. We can use the cash on a new defence.

C84D5BD1-4DB2-497C-A193-0F1B8E610E4B.jpeg

Whilst I totally understand your frustration if you feel that Dack is capping his potential by making poor lifestyle choices, to suggest that we should sell our best player for a fairly modest fee on the back of the picture you show is a massive overreaction. Even if Dack remains at the level hes at now, he has 12 league goals and 6 league assists this season, and 3 goals and 3 assists in the cup. He got 18 goals and 9 assists last season to drag us up into this league, and his biggest goal drought was 6 games. 

You mention 2 talented players in Armstrong and Rothwell but neither has given any suggestion that they would be able to live up to the mantle of Dacks numbers on the pitch. I agree that Rothwell needs to play more but feel that in comparison to Dack, you overestimate his ability to influence games. He has 6 goals in his whole career, so theres nothing to suggest he could replicate Dack's impressive goalscoring record if he took over his place. Armstrong has played a similar number of games and has had far less impact on them tangibly, and when hes played centrally hes looked even less threatening.

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Whilst I would agree with the notion that players are entitled to some sort of social life, your comparison to your own circumstances is a moot point. As others have pointed out, you are not a professional footballer. Forgive me if I am wrong but arent you some sort of lorry driver? If so, there is no requirement for you to stay in any sort of physical state, so long as you dont turn up pissed to work of course which Dack hasnt either.

40 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Just how many players are you stalking? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Whilst I totally understand your frustration if you feel that Dack is capping his potential by making poor lifestyle choices, to suggest that we should sell our best player for a fairly modest fee on the back of the picture you show is a massive overreaction. Even if Dack remains at the level hes at now, he has 12 league goals and 6 league assists this season, and 3 goals and 3 assists in the cup. He got 18 goals and 9 assists last season to drag us up into this league, and his biggest goal drought was 6 games. 

You mention 2 talented players in Armstrong and Rothwell but neither has given any suggestion that they would be able to live up to the mantle of Dacks numbers on the pitch. I agree that Rothwell needs to play more but feel that in comparison to Dack, you overestimate his ability to influence games. He has 6 goals in his whole career, so theres nothing to suggest he could replicate Dack's impressive goalscoring record if he took over his place. Armstrong has played a similar number of games and has had far less impact on them tangibly, and when hes played centrally hes looked even less threatening.

Whilst I would agree with the notion that players are entitled to some sort of social life, your comparison to your own circumstances is a moot point. As others have pointed out, you are not a professional footballer. Forgive me if I am wrong but arent you some sort of lorry driver? If so, there is no requirement for you to stay in any sort of physical state, so long as you dont turn up pissed to work of course which Dack hasnt either.

Dack is on the wane. His lifestyle will catch up with him. £10m might seem modest based on his performances during the first part of this campaign but looks expensive based on the second.

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Since then he has been clean hasnt he? 

He's in a relationship and living in the centre of Manchester. Nothing wrong with going out for.a meal and drinks. Or the odd night out. 

Didnt McCarthy win a Champions League medal and play international football? 

But yet again that you Jim not them. Nothing wrong with enjoying yourself with a meal and few drinks at the right time.

Cant agree Stuart. This is a job. Thats all. Its a very well paid job but thats it. 

I have no problem with any players going out for meals or drinks during international breaks or after games. Yes not 48 hours before a game

By clean I assume you mean out of trouble for 18 months. His court appearances have both been for offences whilst under the influence of alcohol. I said players are targets particularly players like Dack who happens to have a girlfriend who likes making headlines to try and promote her from Z list to Y list.

Drink has been the ruination of many great players.

Just now, Stuart said:

Dack is on the wane. His lifestyle will catch up with him. £10m might seem modest based on his performances during the first part of this campaign but looks expensive based on the second.

Seems like you are jumping to conclusions in the extreme to suggest that hes on the wane, his form has dipped as has our whole team, but hes been better in the last 2 games and has got a goal and an assist. 

Much of my point was aimed at thinking that Armstrong and Rothwell would be capable replacements. They would be downgrades, no doubt about it. Saying that, no reason why all 3 cant play together, Rothwell left, Armstrong right, Dack 10.

18 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

The difference is Chaddy that you are not a professional athlete. You only have to look at Dack to see that he is not in the shape that he needs to be to reach his full potential and it is also no coincidence that as the season has gone on his performances have dropped. Also previously one of Dack's night's out has resulted in problems with the law, which reflects badly on the club.

It's a job and that's it. 

His performances have dropped off because teams have worked us and him out. 

16 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

No I am not Lorry driver pal. So you are wrong there. Like I said I have to be physical fit for my job and we are regular tested for Drugs and Alcohol due to the nature of the machinery we used and the company health and safety policies. 

Dack has performed this season and those stats provided by yourself are excellent for a player playing at this level for the 1st time IMO. 

Just now, arbitro said:

By clean I assume you mean out of trouble for 18 months. His court appearances have both been for offences whilst under the influence of alcohol. I said players are targets particularly players like Dack who happens to have a girlfriend who likes making headlines to try and promote her from Z list to Y list.

Drink has been the ruination of many great players.

Yes I did. 

Since they have been going out he hasn't been trouble at all. 

38 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No I am not Lorry driver pal. So you are wrong there. Like I said I have to be physical fit for my job and we are regular tested for Drugs and Alcohol due to the nature of the machinery we used and the company health and safety policies. 

Dack has performed this season and those stats provided by yourself are excellent for a player playing at this level for the 1st time IMO. 

What job do you have then, to see if it has similar physical requirements as a professional athlete?

Players do have natural dips in form, to say teams have worked him out is again jumping to conclusions somewhat. He is not helped by the fact that we play predictable, long ball football. Mowbray is also really reluctant to play players like Rothwell and last season Chapman with technical ability and pace who both linked up well with him.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

So you don’t think players have an obligation to keep their bodies in top condition throughout the season?

There is a reason Dack will never be a top flight player: a lack of self-discipline.

Seems like you think that’s acceptable.

6 hours ago, Stuart said:

So you don’t think players have an obligation to keep their bodies in top condition throughout the season?

There is a reason Dack will never be a top flight player: a lack of self-discipline.

Seems like you think that’s acceptable.

Its Dack.choice not yours. But you cant complain about just Dack when plenty of players are the same. 

Has Mowbray ever said Dack Is not in good condition? No..you are jumping on a non issue and to be quite honest has nothing to do with you cos he is entilted to his private life and do what he wants. None of your business

Edited by chaddyrovers

I don't know if you realise it but that is a pretty damning criticism of the manager.

Its not other teams we've worked us out, its other managers and its up to our manager to react. Change the team around, freshen it up, stop expecting a different outcome from the same approach. Play people in their best positions for a start.

But above all, its that defence that needs fixing. If it can't be done with the current personnel then fair enough we have to wait till summer.

But if TM messes it up again then, as far as I'm concerned, he's finished.

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

What job do you have then, to see if it has similar physical requirements as a professional athlete?

Players do have natural dips in form, to say teams have worked him out is again jumping to conclusions somewhat. He is not helped by the fact that we play predictable, long ball football. Mowbray is also really reluctant to play players like Rothwell and last season Chapman with technical ability and pace who both linked up well with him.

You dont need to know. Never said my job is like professional athlete. Just that I need to be physical fit for my job. 

Second point, can understand your view even Tho we have disagree on those points

• Backroom

Yes I did. 

Since they have been going out he hasn't been trouble at all. 

Define trouble, he’s failed to turn up for community service after assaulting a police man, whilst the latter involves mindless thuggery after too many beers and can be heat of the moment to back it up with not facing the music shows unbelievable arrogance, and he was with his Mrs before he came to Rovers.

Whilst I think it may be a stance that could be ridiculed in years to come I would also be tempted to sell if offers anything like last summer came in. I think there’s a chance he’s peaked, his footwork is brilliant but not sure he will push on.

Summer will be big for him, hopefully the manager assesses fully when they report for pre season and he won’t have put more timber on!