BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Big Summer Clearout

The goal posts on here keep moving - it's just a job, everyone's entitled to a social life, other players do it, it's not different from what we may do for jobs, he's doing ok at work so it's fine what he does privately, he's not been in trouble that recently... Not sure one of those reasons washes with me as a fan, nor with a top professional and it shouldn't with a manager either. 

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its Dack.choice not yours. But you cant complain about just Dack when plenty of players are the same. 

Has Mowbray ever said Dack Is in good condition? No..you are jumping on a non issue and to be quite honest has nothing to do with you cos he is entilted to his private life and do what he wants. None of your business

Nothing to do with me? None of my business?

He plays for my football club.

And no, I don’t recall Mowbray saying Dack is in good condition. Thanks for backing up my point.

Sell.

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Ultimately as much as King is now a better player enjoying a better career, even with hindsight there is not a chance that we could justifiably have broken up a strike force that had 2 individuals that guaranteed 20 goals each every season.

Fair point but he could still have been utilised better there were plenty times he should have been first choice sub to come on but wasn't leading to the old argument in that era of trying to see games out instead of trying to turn a draw into a win.

A major reason we never really threatened the top 6 when maybe we should have, not all resting on just using King of course.

• Like 1

Just now, tomphil said:

Fair point but he could still have been utilised better there were plenty times he should have been first choice sub to come on but wasn't leading to the old argument in that era of trying to see games out instead of trying to turn a draw into a win.

A major reason we never really threatened the top 6 when maybe we should have, not all resting on just using King of course.

He definitely should have been selected before crap such as Brown, Varney and even played wide before shite like Chris Taylor.

• Like 2

Just now, roversfan99 said:

He definitely should have been selected before crap such as Brown, Varney and even played wide before shite like Chris Taylor.

Agreed although nothing wrong with Chris Taylor he was what he was but yeah that's quite a reality check really. I'll take Samuel, Armstrong and even the prospect of Brereton any day over that lot so we have moved forwards a bit.

Just need the manager to finally figure out the best thing to do with them to really move on.

• Backroom

Everyone remembers King for those performances in the FA Cup - mainly because he didn't do a whole lot for us outside of that. Now granted a lot of that was down to Bowyer's tactics/style and how we were using King (if Bowyer decided to select him at all), but there wasn't exactly uproar when he left. Some disappointment that we'd let his contract run down but that's about it. He's obviously done very well since then and in retrospect we weren't utilising him properly at all, but hindsight is what it is. Bowyer never liked using fast or skilful players so it was never going to work out for King here. Rhodes aside you had to be a grafter first and foremost to get anywhere near a GB starting eleven. Unfortunately as a result towards the end of GB's reign especially we ended up with eleven cloggers on the pitch who worked hard but were as entertaining as paint drying on the proverbial wall. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its Dack.choice not yours. But you cant complain about just Dack when plenty of players are the same. 

Has Mowbray ever said Dack Is in good condition? No..you are jumping on a non issue and to be quite honest has nothing to do with you cos he is entilted to his private life and do what he wants. None of your business

It's not his private life when he advertises it to the world by putting it on social media. Dack's a fool to himself and will never fulfil his potential. You can also see why Charlton chucked him out when he was a teenager

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DE. said:

Everyone remembers King for those performances in the FA Cup - mainly because he didn't do a whole lot for us outside of that. Now granted a lot of that was down to Bowyer's tactics/style and how we were using King (if Bowyer decided to select him at all), but there wasn't exactly uproar when he left. Some disappointment that we'd let his contract run down but that's about it. He's obviously done very well since then and in retrospect we weren't utilising him properly at all, but hindsight is what it is. Bowyer never liked using fast or skilful players so it was never going to work out for King here. Rhodes aside you had to be a grafter first and foremost to get anywhere near a GB starting eleven. Unfortunately as a result towards the end of GB's reign especially we ended up with eleven cloggers on the pitch who worked hard but were as entertaining as paint drying on the proverbial wall. 

King is one of those players who needed time for his game to mature. I don't blame Bowyer for not playing King alot because he wasn't really ready at the time but I do blame Rovers for letting go a player who with his exceptional pace always had the potential to be the very good player he has now become. 

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Stuart said:

Nothing to do with me? None of my business?

He plays for my football club.

Sell.

Yes its none of your business what he does outside of playing and training for our club. He is entitled to private life just like me and you are

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes its none of your business what he does outside of playing and training for our club. He is entitled to private life just like me and you are

But you like to make it your business by stalking them all and putting on here where they go out. ...none if your business either so stop putting stalky posts up....

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I know one thing. I'm sick of seeing artists  like kalinic, rothwell, judge, king, cairney, rochina get under used and shipped out for minimal fees to excell and excite fans elsewhere why we have weak as piss " soldiers" like Lowe, Evans, akpan, Smallwood contributing the square root of fuck all to our attacking play, our defense and most of all our entertainment

The main hope I had with Mowbray when he came in was of him revamping the midfield that had been stagnant for years especially after Lowe departed. Sadly he was replaced by someone a bit better but very similar although it was good enough for lge 1 it's mostly been the same old shite back in this league except for a brief spell when Travis emergence and Smallwoods suspension shook things up a bit.

Whilst those options remain guys like Mowbray will always revert to them and if it worked and they protected the back line well you'd say ok I understand but it rarely does with the system he plays around it. It'll be the same next season unless there is a radical overhaul which is unlikely but to be honest i'm sick and tired of it we've had the same approach in the majority of games for about 5 years now. 

I'm not an Evans hater but he's been the one constant in this and to be honest if he was as good as the people at Ewood seem to think he is someone would've bid 3 or 4 million for him seasons ago.  Then again he's never had a manager with enough nous to pair him with someone who compliments his style it always has to be someone who can do the things he can't.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

Just now, tomphil said:

The main hope I had with Mowbray when he came in was of him revamping the midfield that had been stagnant for years especially after Lowe departed. Sadly he was replaced by someone better but very similar although it was good enough for lge 1 it's mostly been the same old shite back in this league except for a brief spell when Travis emergence and Smallwoods suspension shook things up a bit.

Whilst those options remain guys like Mowbray will always revert to them and if it worked and they protected the back line well you'd say ok I understand but it rarely does with the system he plays around it. It'll be the same next season unless there is a radical overhaul which is unlikely but to be honest i'm sick and tired of it we've had the same approach in the majority of games for about 5 years now. 

I'm not an Evans hater but he's been the one constant in this and to be honest if he was as good as the people at Ewood seem to think he is someone would've bid 3 or 4 million for him seasons ago.  Then again he's never had a manager with enough nous to pair him with someone who compliments his style.

Spot on.  If we weren't shipping goals and having narrow defeats etc it's hard to argue with him.

When you start 8 defenders every game, home and away and ship four then it's not good enough, from a football perspective and as entertainment.

We are safe with a few games to go and season tickets need selling. Ffs Tony be a little adventurous and try something exciting. May as well lose trying to out score the opposition, especially at home. 

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

But you like to make it your business by stalking them all and putting on here where they go out. ...none if your business either so stop putting stalky posts up....

All the info I posted is available on social media. 

And lets not forget the Dack pic was posted by a fan on facebook. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Footballers don’t clock off - ever. They represent the club they play for, at all times.

Having them blow off steam during the Summer break I’m fine with. During the season - or if they are recovering from injury - they should be maintaining their fitness so that they can perform when needed on the pitch. If they can’t maintain their bodies to help maintain their form then the least they could do is be more discrete - which, in the days of social media, is becoming more and more difficult.

I don’t think Dack is going to change. As great a footballer as he can be (really only ‘proven’ at L1 level - and with a patchy history) he is going to let us down. I want us to get as much money as we can for him rather than hang on to him as his value will decrease rather than increase. He certainly isn’t going to become an England international any time soon.

18 hours ago, Stuart said:

This guy really enjoys his international breaks.

If we can get more that £10m for him - big ‘if’ - then I’d cash in. We’ve got Rothwell and Armstrong to fill in for the number 10 spot. We can use the cash on a new defence.

C84D5BD1-4DB2-497C-A193-0F1B8E610E4B.jpeg

Not sure what he is doing wrong here to be honest. He isn't causing trouble or anything. If players want to drink and damage their bodies they will do it whether out in public or not. 

As for selling him, I wouldn't be against it if we got the right offer, but I think you are raving if you think Armstrong can replace him. 

How much of £10 million do people reckon Venkys would release back into the transfer kitty? I'll go for £1.5 million with the rest not to be seen again.

Seen it all before and it doesn't end well for us.

• Like 1

His wages will be used on a loan and yep about a million or so will get spent probably on a couple of Rothwell type squad men that might come good and could be sold again further down the line.

They'd also likely only come out of TMs previous players contact book or from a certain couple of agents client lists !

If we lose Dack we really need to become a pragmatic hard to beat team because we sure as hell won't create much off the cuff so to speak.

With regards to leading the summer clearout...

Is Mowbray head coach? Or is he manager?

I've always had the feeling that he is in the managerial role, however I've just seen that when he was appointed, the official site welcomed him as the new head coach. However the official site in the staff section currently lists him as the manager. Was there a mistake somewhere? Was there a change at some point? 

A manager is expected to oversee the key front line aspects of the playing squad from coaching through to recruitment. Whereas a head coach is self explanatory - head of the coaching department, thus responsible for coaching and coaching only. Not recruitment.

I've seen many posts across a few topics lately discussing certain players as being Mowbray signings/not Mowbray signings; if he is indeed head coach none of them are his signings. Added, there's been a lot of posts about Mowbray rinsing and repeating his old signings/targets. Does he have full control? Does he just give advisory input? And one of the key reasons for wanting Mowbray to be replaced is recruitment. We've not done well in the last couple of windows & we probably need a change in approach to do better in the next window. So by replacing Mowbray as manager we would be giving ourselves a shot at better immediate recruitment. But if we replaced him as head coach, in theory recruitment would be exactly the same as it would be with him in place. Thus being manager/head coach would have a major impact on most fans decision on whether they would or wouldn't like him to remain at the club through the summer, so it's quite important to understand.

I might have missed something but would appreciate some clarity!!

Edited by Don Said

28 minutes ago, JHRover said:

How much of £10 million do people reckon Venkys would release back into the transfer kitty? I'll go for £1.5 million with the rest not to be seen again.

Seen it all before and it doesn't end well for us.

It would be very interesting, because Mowbray is constantly saying we have money to spend. So if we sold Dack and next thing it's deadline day and we have spent peanuts, I think it's safe to say fans would be livid.