BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers away at Villa this Saturday: 30th March - KO - 3pm

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

Biggest home banker this weekend anywhere in England this one.

As it's my birthday on Sunday the misses has bought match & train tickets for me and my lad to go, cheers I think.

4-1 Villa, our goal coming in the 86th minute.

and they score in the 87th,88th and 92nd!

Usually hate International breaks they always seem to come at a bad time for Rovers and we are always docile coming out of them.  In the recent past a collection of players busy on Int duty and others generally living it up if Insta posts are to believed may explain this.

However this time I think the break might have done us a favour and may help stop that losing cycle. Time to reset the watch..

Villa  2   Rovers  2

Edited by tomphil

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

It tends to wear fans down watching shite for 2 months now, especially with the season being all but over already. We cant defend and one thing that could rectify an inevitably dull season conclusion would be to play exciting players but I suspect his favourites will remain in the team until seasons end. 

Yet again pal. We have discuss this between us on other social media sites and I dont see the need to keep going the same issues/problems week after week. 

33 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Strange comment. We're playing a team in considerably better form than we are, who have a better team than we have,  so people expect us to lose en masse, fancy that? Surely, that isn't difficult to understand?

Sadly the championship is unpredictable and thats why its an interesting league. 

Going for 1-1 draw and good performance. 

Just now, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Have you been in a basement somewhere for the last few months?

Tony's basement. 

Nope. After being to the games including the away ones aswell. I was at Sheff Wed away. 

Going to this one aswell. 

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Said a week ago we'd get tubbed and nothing since has changed that prediction for me. We don't seem to come out with any sort of reaction after our recent maulings which has led to said feeling that it'll be another 4 or 5 goals shipped here. Would love to be proved wrong.

Tubbed? Not heard that before, I’m having that one away with me.

2 hours ago, Don Said said:

That's an unfair snipe, Chaddy.

Villa have won their last 4 games and are creeping in to the play offs. In their last two games at Villa Park they've taken apart Derby 4-0 and Boro 3-0; two teams who are much higher up and better than us.

Meanwhile Rovers are on a horrific away run, we've conceded 16 in our last 5 away games which is insane.

So putting 2+2 together.....

As others have said it's not being negative, just the likelihood based on our current situation.

Or they are due a defeat, and we are due a win. ergo we will win 0-2

5 hours ago, Tom Stinny said:

I'd rather loose and play Chapman, Buckley and the likes than loose and play Smallwood, Evans and Bennet.

It seems that either way though, you're loose. I'd recommend a visit to your GP. Perhaps a less active night life.

5 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Leutwiler

Rodwell   Lenihan  Mulgrew

Nyambe                                                           Bell

Reed            Travis

Dack

Armstrong         Graham

Subs: Raya, Magloire, Rankin-Costello, Evans, Chapman, Rothwell, Nuttall

That makes you and Tony Mowbray the only two, who watch Rovers, that would bench Rothwell after the Sheff Wed game.

Has Rothwell done something wrong that I've missed? 

First name on the bloody teamsheet

21 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

It seems that either way though, you're loose. I'd recommend a visit to your GP. Perhaps a less active night life.

It's more realism of the current situation and zero confidence in the management. I'd rather win anyway but going off recent form and our shit defence and lack of tactics manager, that doesn't look likely.

I'd rather let the younger players give it a go and possibly stumble on a potential first teamer or two than play the "tried and failed" usuals.

Anyone who expects Smallwood and the like to improve are bloody insane.

Edited by Tom Stinny

Just now, Tom Stinny said:

It's more realism of the current situation and zero confidence in the management. I'd rather win anyway but going off recent form and our shit defence and lack of tactics manager, that doesn't look likely.

I'd rather let the younger players give it a go and possibly stumble on a potential first teamer or two than play the "tried and failed" usuals.

Anyone who expects Smallwood and the like to improve are bloody insane.

Actually it was more a playful joke about you saying loose instead of lose. Never mind.

Yes, I expect us to get battered. It's often those games which surprise you though. So maybe it'll just be a slim defeat...

Seems we are at the point where a 1-0 or 2-1 defeat instead of 4-1 or 5-2 is going to be a cause for a positive reaction ...

Says a lot about the current situation sadly.

What happened to us drawing every other game ?   We'll be jumping through hoops and handing out new contracts again if we managed to draw 2 on the bounce at this rate !!

12 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Tubbed? Not heard that before, I’m having that one away with me.

Are you thinking of "tupped", derived from the word "Tup", like Ram,  a name for an uncastrated male sheep. So being tupped or indeed rammed would cover our expectations. ?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, tomphil said:

Usually hate International breaks they always seem to come at a bad time for Rovers and we are always docile coming out of them.  In the recent past a collection of players busy on Int duty and others generally living it up if Insta posts are to believed may explain this.

However this time I think the break might have done us a favour and may help stop that losing cycle. Time to reset the watch..

Villa  2   Rovers  2

I really look forward to International breaks. That way my Saturdays aren't ruined.