BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers away at Villa this Saturday: 30th March - KO - 3pm

1 hour ago, S8 & Blue said:

I’m not wearing this kind of absolute bollocks.

I’ve not been dropping into the forum as much recently because there seems to be a disease going round that gives you the memory of a goldfish and a mind, when decided, as impenetrable as Fort Knox.

Place is getting toxic and infecting the otherwise sound-minded.

My view:

We have just been promoted (net spend last 4 seasons circa minus £30m?)

In between us and the play offs are the following teams -

Bristol City - Doing well, steady.

Middlesbrough - Parachute Payments = massive wages and quality squad

Nottingham Forest - £23m net spend this season alone.

Preston North End - Doing well. Well done them.

Sheffield Wednesday - Spent about £40m and stupid wages in the past couple of years

Hull City - Parachute payments = massive wages 

Brentford - Solid. Well run. Something to aspire to. 3 points in front of us.

Stoke City - Premier League squad/wages and parachutes from last season.

Swansea City - ditto

We’ve just been promoted.

Get a fucking grip lads.

I almost don’t know what else I have to say.

Apart from - I thought we played really well second half.

I was a staunch Mowbray supporter, but whatever about what you have wrote there, if you think 8 losses in 10 games is in anyway acceptable, even allowing for whatever other clubs have or have not spent or what divisions they or we were in last year, you need to have a reality check.

He is playing lads thay clearly aren't performing, whilst leaving those that do perform on the fringes. Literally every player has dipped in form. 

The run we are in is not normal and it's not a blip. Something has gone badly wrong. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 8

18 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Shocking run?

So if we would’ve spread these results out over the season?

I’ll be honest I have absolutely no idea if the sentiment would be the same or if it’s the fact that the recent Mowbray masterminded losses seem to out-weigh the previous Mowbray masterminded wins. 

But we’d still have the same amount of points, dingus.

And we are where we are.

This run, and in the context of this season, well, I really think lots of people have got fucking daft.

And as for your “hardman” crap, or being called a “smarmy pillock” by giving my fact-based rebuttal and a differing opinion to your genuine shite chatting and to this angry-man echo chamber...

Well then -

Oooh.

I’m very scared of your words.

Is this harassment?

Quite obviously I’ve just been thoroughly out-thought.

If we spread these results out over a season? What kind of nonsense spin is that? Using that logic we could be in the relegation paces as maybe the wins wouldn't have come yet either. 

What if we lost 8 out of our first 10?

You can spin the run we are on. It's unspinnable. It's the manner of the defeats, groundhog day. It's the summer signings not playing. It's ending up weaker after January when every other club I can think of ended up stronger. 

• Like 3

Hoping to see Mowbray mix it up in future as the season comes to an end.  Rothwell provided the buzz when he came on, seemed to be up for it, where as Dack seemed a little scrappy today.  I also hope Mowbray will be brave in the summer in wielding the axe... time for some old faves too move on. 

Despite all that, Rovers did seem more organized with Darragh back.  He has a spot in my Rovers next year as does, Nyambe, Raya, Rothwell, Travis and Big Ben. DG, Dack and Arma can stay, if they so choose. Skipper can be used more sparingly.  The others I am afraid perhaps time to move on.

Back to the match, hear feedback from the fans, including Dan Collins (Villa supporter), the gaffa and more.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I was a staunch Mowbray supporter, but whatever about what you have wrote there, if you think 8 losses in 10 games is in anyway acceptable, even allowing for whatever other clubs have or have not spent or what divisions they or we were in last year, you need to have a reality check.

He is playing lads thay clearly aren't performing, whilst leaving those that do perform on the fringes. Literally every player has dipped in form. 

The run we are in is not normal and it's not a blip. Something has gone badly wrong. 

I’m not saying that I don’t have my concerns, just trying to be pragmatic and voice some balance.

The facts I’ve stated are what they are, and I’d like to see a proper rebuttal.

Look -

As soon as I reasonably think that TM should maybe go or that the club is moving backwards/doing worse than we can expect (remember the fucking owners and think further than the last two years for god’s sake!) then I’ll be your best bannerman on here.

But I don’t think it’s a lack of prescience, I just argue it’s a lack of perspective for you lot.

TM is the first we’ve had in a decade that has made us think we are a normal football team.

Perhaps a victim of his own success.

• Like 1

If we spread these results out over a season? What kind of nonsense spin is that? Using that logic we could be in the relegation paces as maybe the wins wouldn't have come yet either. 

What if we lost 8 out of our first 10?

You can spin the run we are on. It's unspinnable. It's the manner of the defeats, groundhog day. It's the summer signings not playing. It's ending up weaker after January when every other club I can think of ended up stronger. 

It’s a lack of perspective for me.

I’ll be honest, I’m only a few more concerning losses away from joining you in that camp.

But as if the man doesn’t deserve the summer plus - Christ.

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

I’m not saying that I don’t have my concerns, just trying to be pragmatic and voice some balance.

The facts I’ve stated are what they are, and I’d like to see a proper rebuttal.

Look -

As soon as I reasonably think that TM should maybe go or that the club is moving backwards/doing worse than we can expect (remember the fucking owners and think further than the last two years for god’s sake!) then I’ll be your best bannerman on here.

But I don’t think it’s a lack of prescience, I just argue it’s a lack of perspective for you lot.

TM is the first we’ve had in a decade that has made us think we are a normal football team.

Perhaps a victim of his own success.

I wouldn't go as far as saying a victim of his own success. We had a decent start, but still got whooped by Preston and Wigan early on. 

He's too nice and his transfer dealings are bizzare. He did good business for league 1,so perhaps that's his level. Last summer his signed a striker for 7 million who has not scored a solitary goal in any senior competition, like that makes no sense. I'm not even even blaming Brereton for that. 

Honestly, can you see us being a dominant team in this division under Mowbray? 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

It’s a lack of perspective for me.

I’ll be honest, I’m only a few more concerning losses away from joining you in that camp.

But as if the man doesn’t deserve the summer plus - Christ.

I thought he did, but the warning signs are huge now. I can't see us flying out of the blocks next season. 

He won't do enough squad restructuring. It's not possible in one window and he has messed up the last two. 

He is more likely to sell Rothwell than Bennett 

I thought he did, but the warning signs are huge now. I can't see us flying out of the blocks next season. 

He won't do enough squad restructuring. It's not possible in one window and he has messed up the last two. 

He is more likely to sell Rothwell than Bennett 

Time will tell.

But I’m not up for turning the card table over just in case the next hand has an (overhyped) Jokanovic.

Edited by S8 & Blue

Time will tell.

But I’m not up for turning the card table over just in case the next hand has an (overhyped) Jokanovic.

Over hyped? He won promotion last season. 

Mowbray will be here next summer unless we don't win another game and get relegated. Which still concerns me. We are relying on Rotherham not winning. How are in in this position? Its crazy. 

I hope I'm wrong and Mowbray does miracle work this summer. All the signs point to that not happening though. Far too much to do and he has wasted two windows. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Dunno what to think really. Bad first 20 mins of he first half, decent second half and much better towards the end. I thought the subs did ok. Big Ben seems about decent now, hope he pushes on and rothwell must surely deserve some starts towards the season end.

must admit seeing conway and Bennett start made me think about TM comments about blooding youngsters. A glimpse into the future this match was not but this is Villa we are talking about. I would like to have alternatives tried in the few matches left for the Conway, Bennett (not Evans and Smallwood) and Mulgrew positions. Try out Mols and JRC too, plus a bit more of the Buckley please.

• Like 2

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

Get spinning...

Screenshot_20190331-031934_FlashScores.jpg

Screenshot 2019-03-31 at 03.32.39.png

n between us and the play offs are the following teams -

Bristol City - Doing well, steady.

Middlesbrough - Parachute Payments = massive wages and quality squad

Nottingham Forest - £23m net spend this season alone.

Preston North End - Doing well. Well done them.

Sheffield Wednesday - Spent about £40m and stupid wages in the past couple of years

Hull City - Parachute payments = massive wages 

Brentford - Solid. Well run. Something to aspire to. 3 points in front of us.

Stoke City - Premier League squad/wages and parachutes from last season.

Swansea City - ditto

We’ve just been promoted.

Get a fucking grip lads.

Luckily we went on fantastic winning streaks this year under the Ghost of Jokanovic.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Torgeir said:

How did Conway do? Wasn't able to watch the game but was more than a little surprised that he was given a start.

I thought he did decent considering his fitness level and has been a squad player so far. Came closest to scoring in the first half, put in a few tackles, got back to defend too. I thought he's right footed, but towards the end of the game, he didnt put in crosses with his right, and choose to cut in to cross with his left, and none found any Rovers head. So desperately need a Chapman on the right.

But Conway's unlikely to start every game. Played better than Dack and Mr Fist Pump today imo. But Bennett will probably still start next game cos he can run and run and is a captain material (sounds familiar?)

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Over hyped? He won promotion last season. 

Mowbray will be here next summer unless we don't win another game and get relegated. Which still concerns me. We are relying on Rotherham not winning. How are in in this position? Its crazy. 

I hope I'm wrong and Mowbray does miracle work this summer. All the signs point to that not happening though. Far too much to do and he has wasted two windows. 

I agree With @S8 & Blue that Jokanovic is overhyped. Seem more obsess with his wage pocket then owt. Hasnt got the WBA job due to wage demands. Was reported at 1.5 mil I think. 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I agree With @S8 & Blue that Jokanovic is overhyped. Seem more obsess with his wage pocket then owt. Hasnt got the WBA job due to wage demands. Was reported at 1.5 mil I think. 

He just knows his worth. 

At the moment we are the opposite of a good team. Good teams find ways to win games. We are finding ways to lose games against all types of opposition.

We need a manager to instill some discipline and fear of under performance. The situation now is farcical. 

Horrible first half. Slow start and scarcely improved.

Agree with everyone that games this season are now about the future so why start with Conway and Bennett? In fairness Conway was not bad yesterday but Bennett is sadly now exposed as an athlete and not a footballer.

Lenihan with Magliore is a combination I would like to see. Would Magliore have been so comprehensively beaten for Villa's second?

Half time stats were possession 67-33 to Villa and at full time overall possession was 51-49; that alone is some turnaround against a team that needs continuing building goal difference when 3 of the chasing pack have games in hand and one really bad result could drop Villa to 10th. 

Glad Rothwell and Brereton helped change the tide. Both have been guilty of losing possession cheaply but not the case yesterday which for me dictates both should get starts against Stoke.

Having said that, we didn't play like a side that believed it could equalise. If you are a top 6 Premier League side you can build a platform of second half possession and know you can grab the goal you need in the last ten minutes. Saying Rovers are not at that level is beyond a statement of the bleeding obvious.

Mowbray's post match comments sounded slightly desperate to me.

Edited by philipl
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He just knows his worth. 

At the moment we are the opposite of a good team. Good teams find ways to win games. We are finding ways to lose games against all types of opposition.

We need a manager to instill some discipline and fear of under performance. The situation now is farcical. 

I disagree. The situation currently isnt farcical at all. 

We played well second half. Mowbray stills have the players onside. 

And on Jokanovic knowing his worth. Do you think realistic we pay this? Deluded. Was Allardyce even on thst?.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I disagree. The situation currently isnt farcical at all. 

We played well second half. Mowbray stills have the players onside. 

And on Jokanovic knowing his worth. Do you think realistic we pay this? Deluded. Was Allardyce even on thst?.

Well as long as he still has all of our shit players on side, thank f7fk for that ?‍♂️

Edited by CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber
  • Like 1

Chaddy being chaddy.

But I’d wager he’s closer to the thoughts of the majority of Ewood than most on here. He’s the most bomb proof manager I can remember.

Been two further away defeats since we were last at home, but I doubt there’s been much change - look at the LT comments and most Facebook groups as proof of that.