BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers away at Villa this Saturday: 30th March - KO - 3pm

• Moderation Lead
18 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Or Rothwell. What’s the bloody point in playing him when he will be released in a few weeks time (we damn well hope).

If I was Rothwell and Conway was starting ahead of me, I’d be wondering what the hell I had done wrong. What was the point in signing him?

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 2

Not too disheartened Bennett's in centre mid. I think that's his best position and he can do a good job there. 

However there are huge question marks about how Conway is in the side (and Mulgrew for that matter) and how Rothwell isn't. More to the point as others have pointed out the fact we haven't a single non academy new player in there makes you realise what a balls up the last 2 windows have been. 

Just now, K-Hod said:

If I was Rothwell and Conway was starting ahead of me, I’d be handing in a transfer request. What was the point in signing him?

I would've already told my agent to get to work just in case Mowbray gives a couple of starts at season end.  Get out or Mowbray will ruin his career. 

I’m actually pleased that Bennett is starting in centre mid, it’s his best position and he’s a better option for getting back than Smallwood. 

Disappointing to see Rothwell benched but I feel the only realistic option for starting him in this game would’ve been instead of Dack, given how he offers absolutely zero cover for his fullback when played out wide.

2-2

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

Disappointing to see Rothwell benched but I feel the only realistic option for starting him in this game would’ve been instead of Dack, given how he offers absolutely zero cover for his fullback when played out wide.

Could have played Dack and Rothwell behind Graham. 

But you don’t drop your best player, and Rothwell was clearly our best player at Sheff Wed. Furious

Just now, USABlue said:

Chapman? Davenport?  Rothwell?  Obviously thinks he can have us contain Villa.

Feel like I’ll be reading about Davenport in ‘Where are they now?’ before any match thread!

The thing about “containing Villa” is that it is so profoundly negative. Villa will play football and come out to attack us. In recent times this has been good for us as we take advantage of a more open game with the space left at the back. Mowbray looking to park the bus with a team that ships goals for fun and offer little attacking threat is a recipe for defeat.

Doesn't instil much faith in Mowbray changing his philosophy any time soon. I can see the long balls being pinged up to Graham and coming back without the need for any red button.

Just now, Neal said:

Rothwell on the bench, the bloke has lost the plot. 

Brereton on the bench is a waste of a place too. If he's not going to come on against one of the worst teams in the division (Wigan) when is he?

May as well just save him for the Bolton at home shoe-in.