Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray: Stay or go?

Mowbray: Stay or Go?  

245 members have voted

1. 1. Choices

• Stay
    • Go

6 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Last night just proved that Mowbray has no idea who to play and where. 

The fact he's only just put Rothwell in with Dack shows this, our 2 best advanced midfielder.

Finally starting Reed and Travis at CENTRE MIDFIELD. 

Shock horror we win.

Mowbray out for me.

My point exactly. And @Bigdoggsteel that's only the second game they have played in CM together this season.....

If we had owners who knew anything at all about football or even a Chief Exec / Chairman who knew what he was doing and had run the club a while whilst having no attachment or connection to the manager these things would get raised.

Ok you don't want anyone interfering or undermining the manager at any time but they do have regular meetings at normal clubs where football things get aired by both sides, it happened here under Williams.

They are all entitled to ask the manager at the appropriate times why he does certain things or doesn't do others especially if results keep going wrong.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Dont think this bodes well for yesterday being the start of a new and exciting dawn...

Screenshot_20190410-140929_Chrome.jpg

More Mowbray madness.

FFS, there is no hope.

He simply has to go.

And @Parsonblue thinks we already have a good manager!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I asked every single person in the ground last night if they would have Evans & Smallwood over Travis & Reed and they all said no, FACT! Mowbray is very confused and needs his medication...

You didn’t ask me, or my father, however we both would have said Smallwood has gone a bit useless and Evans is still a useless c*** who only tries when he wants a new contract. 

• Like 1

no change from me. 

Mowbray, and the other stooge waggot, should go. 

I saw an interview after the game where the manager was saying 'if that Derby chance had gone in we could be looking at another 1 0 loss' 

How uplifting ?

Edited by barry_

14 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Dont think this bodes well for yesterday being the start of a new and exciting dawn...

Absolute madness ,that just defies logic, what is going on with that man, with a statement like that he's showing precisely why he's not fit to be manager and why we never made the play offs.

Just now, philipl said:

I will give him a pass on trying to explain past crap selections but if travis and Reed get dropped in the future, Mowbray will have lost my support.

I would add, if Travis or Reed are dropped for Smallwood or Evans

• Like 2

17 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I read this article getting more and more agitated. I struggle to read anything he comes out with now without disagreeing with every single point. Evans and Smallwood are a better CM pair than Reed/Travis? This after his recent LET comments saying Bennet is a better winger than Rothwell because he defends? Pull the other one. 

If we were solid and keeping clean sheets every week i'd take some notice but we have one of the worst defensive records in the entire footballing league. 

I wonder if Dack and Graham would prefer Bennett smallwood and evans alonside them rather than Reed Travis and Rothwell..I doubt it.

Complete and utter nonsense. As others have said its comments like this that show we will never progress past where we are now under Mowbray. 

• Like 3

He isn't going anywhere , so really, is there anything to be gained by leaving this thread open all summer? 

There is a Tony Mowbray thread to discuss what he says. This is just going to turn into an absolute moanfest over the summer.

Yes, of course I don't have to enter, but ultimately it's a waste of everyone's time and energy. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

He isn't going anywhere , so really, is there anything to be gained by leaving this thread open all summer? 

There is a Tony Mowbray thread to discuss what he says. This is just going to turn into an absolute moanfest over the summer.

Yes, of course I don't have to enter, but ultimately it's a waste of everyone's time and energy. 

Isnt that like saying theres no point suggesting team selections or transfers as weve no control over that either?

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Isnt that like saying theres no point suggesting team selections or transfers as weve no control over that either?

No, that's a silly comparison. We discuss that in match threads usually, where it is relevant to the game.

Currently we have a ;Tony Mowbray thread, a next manager thread and a stay or go Mowbray thread, to name 3 off the top off my head. Too many threads discussing the same thing. Especially considering that he isn't going anywhere. How much is there to discuss after saying you want him gone and how many times will posters repeat themselves over the summer in those threads? 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Play the role better

So that leads to the point that he needs to change "the role" and what he expects our midfielders to do. 

As long as the role is, allowing the opposition to score more goals than us.

31 minutes ago, Amo said:

Basically, he says that Evans & Smallwood are better positionally and stopping counter-attacks, whereas Reed is a headless chicken. I hope @philipl is right and he's just trying to save face, but I doubt it.

He’s right btw. Reed and Travis at times vacate the CM and create holes for teams to annaihilate us in transition and on the counter. Derby didn’t do this because their style of play is not incisive, it’s possession based and (currently) very lethargic. The conundrum for TM is that Reed and Travis are far superior footballers than Evans and Smallwood. I personally would like to see Reed and Travis continue against the remaining teams purely to see how it affects this thread! Because teams like Norwich, Swansea and even Forest will murder us if our midfield vacates chasing into areas that weaken us. Ideally, they both play every week and learn to play that position better. 

12 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

No, that's a silly comparison. We discuss that in match threads usually, where it is relevant to the game.

Currently we have a ;Tony Mowbray thread, a next manager thread and a stay or go Mowbray thread, to name 3 off the top off my head. Too many threads discussing the same thing. Especially considering that he isn't going anywhere. How much is there to discuss after saying you want him gone and how many times will posters repeat themselves over the summer in those threads? 

Bang on mate. 

On 10/04/2019 at 09:02, Neal said:

Its a lot easier to portray yourself as a good manager with the biggest budget in league 1, he's got some way to go to convince the masses he's a good enough manager to take us forwards in this league. 

He’s a good manager mate. That’s not difficult to see. He’s achieving his goals, has a hard working team and has united the fan base with the club. 

Has he made mistakes? Yes. Will he continue to make mistakes? Yes. Will he ever become a Rovers legend? Who knows? 

The point is, that we have a good manager and a team of players who work hard and care. The summer is crucial in us moving forwards and imo will be Tony’s defining moment at Rovers. If he has a great summer then who knows. A bad summer and he may be gone before Christmas.

• Like 1

The key surely is to pair one good defensive mid and one more all rounder type.  Two defensive mids wouldn't be so bad if we played with one or two decent pacey wingers who got up and down for them to feed the ball to when they broke up these counters.

The style is just so bland normally and goes nowhere.