Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray: Stay or go?

Mowbray: Stay or Go?  

245 members have voted

1. 1. Choices

• Stay
    • Go

22 hours ago, philipl said:

Moving towards self-sufficiency means Premier League.

Nowhere else it is possible for a club in Rovers' location. 

Not just Rovers or Rovers location. Applies to all outside the parachute payment teams.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

"My hope would be that by Christmas if we’re in mid-table and not top of the league then you’re not clamouring for a new manager because I’m trying to be realistic"

OK this is getting ridiculous now.

It has to be a joke right ?

You might as well Fuck Off now Tony and let us get a proper manager with ambition.

The minimum expectation this season is the play offs !!!!!

*Inserts that Groundhog poster again.

This is the thing, literally no fan wants to hear crap like that unless you are dead cert relegation favourites.

It's the kind of thing that puts people off buying a season ticket.

4 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Unfortunately. I think we'll see that Davenport is Reed's replacement, and Chapman is Conway's replacement.  

If Chapman is Conway's replacement, surely that's an improvement?

Davenport could be a suitable replacement for Reed for that matter but I accept that's a big if.

23 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Unfortunately. I think we'll see that Davenport is Reed's replacement, and Chapman is Conway's replacement.  

I'll give Mowbray credit then, he is a visionary. Davenport arrived before Reed. Signing a replacement before the man who he is replacing is inspired.

Seriously Reed arrived as a premier league loanee so I think another will arrive. I agree that Chapman is Conway's replacement in the squad although listening to Mowbray lax lyrical about Stuart Downing I'm suspecting we are both wrong.

Edited by dingles staying down 4ever

On 14/06/2019 at 07:02, Stuart said:

So this IS all about Mowbray staying in his job. Come on Tony, you know how the game works. Just because Venkys are simpletons does mean fans are.

Stop talking and sign a couple of players. We at least need to replace Conway and Reed.

Are you surprised? He has done this all the time whilst at Rovers!

I'm just surprised more people haven't twigged

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Are you surprised? He has done this all the time whilst at Rovers!

I'm just surprised more people haven't twigged

It's been obvious for months. Waggott and Mowbray are two mediocre and uninspiring operators who are making sure they look out for each other. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

It's been obvious for months. Waggott and Mowbray are two mediocre and uninspiring operators who are making sure they look out for each other. 

Aye, Tony knows the happy clappers are years away from wanting him out even if he has one if the worst defences in the football league. 

• Like 2

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Aye, Tony knows the happy clappers are years away from wanting him out even if he has one if the worst defences in the football league. 

I can forgave this if he now concentrates on defence but he won't.

Just because people have supported Mowbray until now, not all are happy clappers. If next season we go on runs like last season's bad run, fans will turn. He has used his last chance card with many. 

5 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

The worst away defence out of the 92, bar none.

But apparently that was just a 'blip' according to Waggott and Mowbray, caused by Lenihan being injured for a couple of months. 

As long as we improve though Tony will be happy. He said so.  And that's all that matters because Tony's happiness is far more important than promotion.  So I'm looking forward to us having the 91st best away defence next season. Lets build a club.:rolleyes:

• Like 2

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

The worst away defence out of the 92, bar none.

But apparently that was just a 'blip' according to Waggott and Mowbray, caused by Lenihan being injured for a couple of months. 

As long as we improve though Tony will be happy. He said so.  And that's all that matters because Tony's happiness is far more important than promotion.  So I'm looking forward to us having the 91st best away defence next season. Lets build a club.:rolleyes:

Yeah. I think everyone gets it?