Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Stuart

Mowbray: Stay or go?

Mowbray: Stay or Go?  

244 members have voted

  1. 1. Choices

    • Stay
      129
    • Go
      115


Recommended Posts

So this IS all about Mowbray staying in his job. Come on Tony, you know how the game works. Just because Venkys are simpletons does mean fans are.

Stop talking and sign a couple of players. We at least need to replace Conway and Reed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Stop talking and sign a couple of players. We at least need to replace Conway and Reed.

Unfortunately. I think we'll see that Davenport is Reed's replacement, and Chapman is Conway's replacement.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, philipl said:

Moving towards self-sufficiency means Premier League.

Nowhere else it is possible for a club in Rovers' location. 

Not just Rovers or Rovers location. Applies to all outside the parachute payment teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

"My hope would be that by Christmas if we’re in mid-table and not top of the league then you’re not clamouring for a new manager because I’m trying to be realistic"

 

OK this is getting ridiculous now.

It has to be a joke right ?

You might as well Fuck Off now Tony and let us get a proper manager with ambition.

The minimum expectation this season is the play offs !!!!!

*Inserts that Groundhog poster again.

This is the thing, literally no fan wants to hear crap like that unless you are dead cert relegation favourites.

It's the kind of thing that puts people off buying a season ticket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps it's all part of Tony's plan to help keep crowds low and justify bigging up other non big teams.

Do you know Luton once beat the mighty Arsenal in a cup final?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Unfortunately. I think we'll see that Davenport is Reed's replacement, and Chapman is Conway's replacement.  

If Chapman is Conway's replacement, surely that's an improvement?

Davenport could be a suitable replacement for Reed for that matter but I accept that's a big if.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Unfortunately. I think we'll see that Davenport is Reed's replacement, and Chapman is Conway's replacement.  

I'll give Mowbray credit then, he is a visionary. Davenport arrived before Reed. Signing a replacement before the man who he is replacing is inspired.

 

Seriously Reed arrived as a premier league loanee so I think another will arrive. I agree that Chapman is Conway's replacement in the squad although listening to Mowbray lax lyrical about Stuart Downing I'm suspecting we are both wrong.

Edited by dingles staying down 4ever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/06/2019 at 07:02, Stuart said:

So this IS all about Mowbray staying in his job. Come on Tony, you know how the game works. Just because Venkys are simpletons does mean fans are.

Stop talking and sign a couple of players. We at least need to replace Conway and Reed.

Are you surprised? He has done this all the time whilst at Rovers!

I'm just surprised more people haven't twigged

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Are you surprised? He has done this all the time whilst at Rovers!

I'm just surprised more people haven't twigged

It's been obvious for months. Waggott and Mowbray are two mediocre and uninspiring operators who are making sure they look out for each other. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

It's been obvious for months. Waggott and Mowbray are two mediocre and uninspiring operators who are making sure they look out for each other. 

 

Aye, Tony knows the happy clappers are years away from wanting him out even if he has one if the worst defences in the football league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Aye, Tony knows the happy clappers are years away from wanting him out even if he has one if the worst defences in the football league. 

I can forgave this if he now concentrates on defence but he won't.

Just because people have supported Mowbray until now, not all are happy clappers. If next season we go on runs like last season's bad run, fans will turn. He has used his last chance card with many. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Aye, Tony knows the happy clappers are years away from wanting him out even if he has one if the worst defences in the football league. 

The worst away defence out of the 92, bar none.

But apparently that was just a 'blip' according to Waggott and Mowbray, caused by Lenihan being injured for a couple of months. 

As long as we improve though Tony will be happy. He said so.  And that's all that matters because Tony's happiness is far more important than promotion.  So I'm looking forward to us having the 91st best away defence next season. Lets build a club.:rolleyes:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, blueboy3333 said:

The worst away defence out of the 92, bar none.

But apparently that was just a 'blip' according to Waggott and Mowbray, caused by Lenihan being injured for a couple of months. 

As long as we improve though Tony will be happy. He said so.  And that's all that matters because Tony's happiness is far more important than promotion.  So I'm looking forward to us having the 91st best away defence next season. Lets build a club.:rolleyes:

 

Yeah. I think everyone gets it🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

Has the poll been moving again or do my eyes deceive me?

He’s been on holiday you rotten sods!

A well deserved holiday (rolls eyes)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.