Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray: Stay or go?

Mowbray: Stay or Go?  

245 members have voted

1. 1. Choices

• Stay
    • Go

12 hours ago, Biz said:

Ultra defensive approach? If we paid more attention to defence, we wouldn’t be conceding so many goals. Tony deserves criticism for aspects of his approach but being too defensive is something I doubt many would say! More organised and resilience is what I think we need to be.

On the original point you made, have arguably 4 players who operate on either flank. Conway, Armstrong, Rothwell and Chapman. From their statistical impact, it’s difficult to argue against Craig and Adam starting - yet its painted here as if the two best aren’t involved.

The way we need to pay"more attention to defence" isn't really about selection, its about the quality of defenders available. Many of us pointed out the need to recruit defenders in January and said that January was a failure on this basis. And I think I made the same point last July but I couldn't swear to it!

Who's the best of a bad lot dodges the issue.

• Like 1

He was the guy saying he wasn't concerned about the defence and we had plenty capable cover !

He really is away with the fairies these days the number of times he's contradicted himself in the past few months is getting a bit annoying now.

On about loyalty again in the LT.

This over sentimentality will get him the sack. Football is a ruthless business, his only loyalty should be to himself and his only aim to improve the team.

Rewarding sub standard players with new contracts and automatic starts for finishing runners up in the third division is no way to progress the club.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

On about loyalty again in the LT.

This over sentimentality will get him the sack. Football is a ruthless business, his only loyalty should be to himself and his only aim to improve the team.

Rewarding sub standard players with new contracts and automatic starts for finishing runners up in the third division is no way to progress the club.

Shame their loyalty doesn't stretch to heading a ball

17 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

He is still harping on about fine margins and mentioning three 1-0 successive home defeats as if they have turned into moral victories. Also the players whose poor form contributed to the awful run are being trusted to win games now.

26 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

We are on a bad run because we have stuck with the same tired L1 players too long!

• Like 1

I always thought the adage was don't change a winning team not a losing one. Completely upside down view by TM. 

The other batnuts thing about it all is if it's to avoid relegation then TM hasn't checked the table recently. 1 relegation place left. On what planet are Millwall and Rotherham going to both make up 10 points on us? Wigan, QPR and Reading - none of whom are good or on particularly great runs are still comfortably below us too. Relegation is just another excuse to play his favourites. 

I'm sure if we win it'll change to got to keep the lads in who have performed well unless their name is Joe. The inmates are running the asylum these days and that can only go 1 way. 

5 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

60 points is the season target set by Moggadon. 

Tony had a dream...

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/april/tonys-60-point-target/

That’s just bonkers.

4 points from 30 now to be followed by 13 points from 21 is a huge turnaround in form.

The ‘aiming high’ ship sailed when the transfer window shut and there is no financial incentive between finishing 24th or finishing 7th.

At this stage, it sets an unrealistic and unnecessary target, as a veiled excuse to not give the youngsters a chance as we head to the season’s end.

I don’t see how he is going to do anything different over the Summer.

Sadly, this is looking like being a messy end to Mowbray’s tenure at Rovers.

• Like 1

I’m sick and fecking tired of watching us to be honest - it’s all so so obvious every week. I knew there would be one goal in it today and of course, it had to be them that got it.

9 defeats in 11, 4 points from 33. It can’t go on - even the sheep must see it?

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

That settled it for me (as I fully expected it to). Put my vote down for go.

His comments make increasingly less sense and bode badly for the future, his tactics are baffling and ineffective, his team selections mysterious at best, and he has lost the fans, maybe some of the players too from some of the performances.

Made a valiant effort to keep us up last time, met expectations by getting us promoted, started strongly this season...but the wheels have well and truly fallen off and we need a new car. Thanks Tony, hopefully bye soon Tony. I wish him well going forward if/when he goes.

• Backroom
3 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

60 points is the season target set by Moggadon. 

Tony had a dream...

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/april/tonys-60-point-target/

60 points :lol: we'll do well to get another 3. This manager is so far out of his depth it's frightening. People like to slate Bowyer nowadays but we never came close to a run like this under GB, even when he'd been forced to sell all of our best players and make do with freebies and loans.

Not saying he's playing to lose I don't think he's that type for one min but the contract he's on will be a good pay off and I think maybe a while back he got to the point of not being that bothered if he is potted.

Maybe he was denied funds and took the flack for them or maybe there wasn't enough to spend on what he wanted and he bottled spending what there was but since then to me he's increasingly wore the look of someone just going through the motions and it certainly rubbed off on the team.

Gone as far as he can here ?

Thought I’d test the mood music around me today.

Nobody had even contemplated his removal. Even when I pushed them by saying ‘well what if we get go say October and we are in the bottom 3?’

Even then there was only a begrudging acceptance that he should be even under threat.

Bombproof with the majority of Ewood I would wager.

• Like 1

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Thought I’d test the mood music around me today.

Nobody had even contemplated his removal. Even when I pushed them by saying ‘well what if we get go say October and we are in the bottom 3?’

Even then there was only a begrudging acceptance that he should be even under threat.

Bombproof with the majority of Ewood I would wager.

I got that feeling too. Hate to think about next season, same players, low gates, more financial problems at the club.

If he walked now - they aren't going to sack him - there would be something to look forward to.

Criminal line up today. He has frozen Rodwell out and is pricking around with Rothwell and Travis. Smallwood back in out of nowhere. Graham wheeled out again. 7 million striker still goalless. No discernable tactics. Dack had left the building. No sign of Chapman. No signings in January. Mulgrew crocked again. 

The curse of manager of the month had been a strong one. 

Derby will do us again next game. 

How far off relegation will we be then? 

Get a manager lined up quick

• Like 3