• Graeme Souness
    • Sam Allardyce
    • Diego Maradona
    • Jose Mourinho
    • Keep Mowbray
    • Steve Kean
    • David Dunn
    • Other (Mention)

Considering there's a poll where most people are opposed to Mowbray's continuation as manager...

I'm not saying all these options are realistic (obviously) or people I particularly care for. Some of them would certainly be included in the betting odds though.

Edited by Vinjay17

Hughes, Jokanovic or Wagner are the three outstanding candidates, but they won't come cheap and every Championship club that sacks their manager is going to be keen on those 3. If we don't have the ambition or finance to attract any of those 3 then Cowley at Lincoln. 

• Like 2

Just now, Don Said said:

Wouldn't be my first choice but you haven't included Karanka - he's free and would be a good choice imo

Should have been there. Edited. 

I'm not gonna edit it each time someone suggests someone new though. Might screw up the voting. 

Edited by Vinjay17

The only one on that list who might end up getting it is Johnson if we follow the promote from within policy to save money.

Since Pasha arrived on the scene the policy has been to go after those unemployed managers who once won promotion to the Premier League on limited budgets in the hope they'll be able to replicate that here. Lambert, Warnock, Coyle, Mowbray. Whilst I agree in principle that experience of similar sized clubs and success is important, there has to be more thought going into it than that.

If the above 'policy' is continued moving forwards then it will be cheap, history of promotion, eager to manage, prepared to compromise on money and staff  - Pardew, Jewell, McLeish, Mackay, Holloway etc.

Likewise if we have a policy of forcing existing coaching staff upon the new bloke or any other attempt at cutting corners then we can forget most of the above.

Once again I'd be reluctant to spin this particular roulette wheel unless circumstances between now and May force that to happen e.g. a continuation of our form since January with no improvement. Ideally we'll pick up and Mowbray will turn it around and learn.

• Like 1

Wagner for me, but I think he'll be going onto bigger and better things.. I think Hughes would be a cracking appointment. I wouldn't be hasty in showing TM the door though, give him a few more games to turn things around.. But if this dismal run continues for much longer I do feel his job will become untenable.

• Moderation Lead
9 minutes ago, Don Said said:

Wouldn't be my first choice but you haven't included Karanka - he's free and would be a good choice imo

Seemingly very hard work, that lad. 

I think Hughes would probably be my choice from that list but largely agree with JHR, I’ve still far more confidence in TM finishing the season with better and developing further, than I do in the new “structure” of the club finding someone else who will.

Hughes, Bowen and Eddie N (not even attempting to spell that second name) with decent funds with incentives in their deals for promotion would be a statement of ambition.

I would love someone of the ilk of Wagner and Jokanovic with inventive new ideas and recent success in this league but suspect they will be unrealistic.

I would strongly consider Cowley at Lincoln, doing a great job and would be an exciting appointment,

I would also take someone like Karanka or Rowett any day over Mowbray.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Paul said:

The point of a poll with 10 options which are utterly unrealistic is what?

People wanted a poll, they got a poll. If Venky's are anything, it's unpredictable.

The realism of the options is yet to be determined......

Edited by K-Hod