• Sam Allardyce
    • Diego Maradona
    • Jose Mourinho
    • Keep Mowbray
    • Steve Kean
    • David Dunn
    • Other (Mention)

2 minutes ago, lraC said:

On the basis that the bookies never get it wrong, here are the latest relegation odds, taken from the Sky bet website. Rotherham 4/5, Reading 9/4, Wigan 7/1, Millwall 10/1, Birmingham 40/1, QPR, 40/1 and Rovers 500/1. For anyone really worried, £50 on that should settle the nerves. 

Whatever about Rovers, Wigan at 7/1 seems extremely generous. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Whatever about Rovers, Wigan at 7/1 seems extremely generous. 

I have a mate who is a Wigan fan and he is convinced they are going down. It might be worth a punt at 7/1 but I think Rotherham will go. 

4 hours ago, lraC said:

I have a mate who is a Wigan fan and he is convinced they are going down. It might be worth a punt at 7/1 but I think Rotherham will go. 

Agree with your summary but if our team on the run we are on can comfortably beat them then you've got to think they're in bother. 

8 hours ago, JHRover said:

We've got one slot to avoid as Bolton and Ipswich are doomed and will not catch us from here.

There are 6 clubs from 3rd bottom upwards below us, including Birmingham who have been docked 9 points, QPR who are in as bad a run as we are, and Rotherham who have found wins very hard to come by.

If we get sucked any closer to the bottom 3 than we are currently then I am going to start to panic.

Reading/Rotherham turned us over recently, Millwall have just beat West Brom.

Some people had the deckchairs out enjoying 'consolidation' in February seemingly unaware that safety hadn't been secured and that when you get into this stage of the season teams will fight for their lives and pull wins out of the bag.

I suppose now is the time to wonder what might have been had Mowbray gone to Reading and played his best team, or if the team had shown some backbone after equalising v Reading and Rotherham rather than collapsing straight after.

I wasn’t that worried til I read this post.

Rotherham need three wins out of six, or two wins and three draws. Assuming we don’t get another point.

If that happens then Mowbray simply must be sacked. One more win and we are safe.

Rotherham’s prospects:

Villa (h) 0pts = 39pts

Stoke (a) 3pts = 42pts

Swansea (a) 3pts = 45pts

Birmingham (h) 3pts = 48pts

West Brom (a) 0pts = 48pts

Middlesbrough (h) 0pts = 48pts

They could do it but they need to get wins away at Stoke and Swansea. That will be easier said than done. I guess West Brom or Boro could play weakened teams maybe if they are assured of play-off places.

We might be cr@p and we might not get another point this season but we WONT go down - not this season anyhow!

There is not a snowball's chance in hell of all four (Millwall, Reading, Wigan & Rotherham) of the potentially doomed getting 47 points or more. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I wasn’t that worried til I read this post.

Rotherham need three wins out of six, or two wins and three draws. Assuming we don’t get another point.

If that happens then Mowbray simply must be sacked. One more win and we are safe.

Rotherham’s prospects:

Villa (h) 0pts = 39pts

Stoke (a) 3pts = 42pts

Swansea (a) 3pts = 45pts

Birmingham (h) 3pts = 48pts

West Brom (a) 0pts = 48pts

Middlesbrough (h) 0pts = 48pts

They could do it but they need to get wins away at Stoke and Swansea. That will be easier said than done. I guess West Brom or Boro could play weakened teams maybe if they are assured of play-off places.

If they beat Villa at home, I'll be worried.

They could beat both Birmingham and Boro, who will have nothing to play for on that last day.

I can't see where another Rovers win will come from, don't think we'll do Bolton we're such a mess.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

We might be cr@p and we might not get another point this season but we WONT go down - not this season anyhow!

There is not a snowball's chance in hell of all four (Millwall, Reading, Wigan & Rotherham) of the potentially doomed getting 47 points or more. 

Oh shit...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Oh no, he's said it ?

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

It snowed in June a few years ago. 

So that's us relegated then

4 hours ago, Mercer said:

That leaves me with a very uneasy feeling. :huh:

If we don't beat Bolton at home, we deserve to go down, but even then we won't. Bolton are worse than Wigan and will be down by the time they come to Ewood. add to that, the fact that their players haven't been paid and have been on strike and you have a nailed on 3 points. They lost at home to rock bottom Ipswich on Saturday and will probably lose to Boro at home tonight.

On 09/04/2019 at 11:07, lraC said:

If we don't beat Bolton at home, we deserve to go down, but even then we won't. Bolton are worse than Wigan and will be down by the time they come to Ewood. add to that, the fact that their players haven't been paid and have been on strike and you have a nailed on 3 points. They lost at home to rock bottom Ipswich on Saturday and will probably lose to Boro at home tonight.

Plus Rovers proved they were better than Rotherham last season. So there's that as well. I can't see why Rovers can't win a couple more games between now and end of season but a horrendous start to next season might be too much to recover from.

I don't know about Reading's situation but certainly can't see Bolton making any recovery. Hopefully Birmingham City and QPR will also be OK and give a big middle finger to FUP.

Edited by Vinjay
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, lraC said:

But I'll bet you they still put more effort into the game than we do, win lose or draw.

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

But I'll bet you they still put more effort into the game than we do, win lose or draw.

Jason Lowe will do, as he will have missed covering every blade of grass on our pitch. 

Just now, tomphil said:

Speaking of these multitude of signings Mowbray is alleging he'll make.............. ?

He does have another couple of years at championship level under his belt now and with his headless chicken reputation, fits in nicely with our owners. 

• Like 1