• Graeme Souness
    • Sam Allardyce
    • Diego Maradona
    • Jose Mourinho
    • Keep Mowbray
    • Steve Kean
    • David Dunn
    • Other (Mention)

I always thought Chris Coleman was over rated but after watching the Sunderland documentary I wouldn't mind him. Sometimes it just clicks at a club. We have some good players here and I think he could get a tune out of them with his enthusiasm, energy and charisma

He's currently in China and an ex Rover. 

There is far better out there but it would be an improvement on Tony and should of made the vote list imo

• Like 3

Look at us. Look at the owners. Look at the squad. Get a grip of who we are now.

You're talking about the legendary England and Liverpool captain who’s at Glasgow bleeding Rangers. They’re still an absolutely huge behemoth of a club.

I’m sure he’d far prefer trying his hand at the Europa League again, don’t you?

If you think he’s coming to anyone like a Blackburn Rovers next, then of course I’m glad that you’re enjoying your Sunday session, but let me remind you that it’s very rude to be on your phone in the pub.

Edited by S8 & Blue

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Look at us. Look at the owners. Look at the squad. Get a grip of who we are now.

You're talking about the legendary England and Liverpool captain who’s at Glasgow bleeding Rangers. They’re still an absolutely huge behemoth of a club.

I’m sure he’d far prefer trying his hand at the Europa League again, don’t you?

If you think he’s coming to anyone like a Blackburn Rovers next, then of course I’m glad that you’re enjoying your Sunday session, but let me remind you that it’s very rude to be on your phone in the pub.

People would have said the exact same about Dalglish. It comes down t the ambition of the club.

(So he won’t be coming anywhere near us).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I always thought Chris Coleman was over rated but after watching the Sunderland documentary I wouldn't mind him. Sometimes it just clicks at a club. We have some good players here and I think he could get a tune out of them with his enthusiasm, energy and charisma

He's currently in China and an ex Rover. 

There is far better out there but it would be an improvement on Tony and should of made the vote list imo

I'd go with that we need someone a bit fresher and a bit more bold or maybe ambitious. Spot on about the 'click' bit Souness was prime example of that it now needs someone to drive it forwards and give it some fresh ideas and for gods sake just move away from the two defensive mids sitting back football we've had flung upon us ever since Corry frigging Evans somehow parachuted into BRFC to earn good money from a lifetime of mediocrity.

Surely some manager somewhere must be able to see beyond that and have the balls to implement it and stick with it even if we lose a few.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Name me a team who wouldn't beat Rovers at the moment ? My first go - Err Bradford.

Considering Ipswich Town's victory at Bolton Wanderers it will be interesting to see what happens in the Ewood fixture with Bolton soon. Don't think a victory would say an awful lot but a defeat sure as hell would. I doubt Bolton are going to win each of their games between then and now.

Edited by Vinjay17

Interesting idea but it’s not just about titles, it’s about talent.

You could argue that a DOF and head coach is not that dissimilar to a manager and first team coach - if both were the best at their jobs. Even in our odd set-up where the manager travels to India (although managers have often met with owners).

Yet, with things taking a turn for the worse and showing no signs of changing, there are very few calls for changing the first team coach - or assistant manager - and no signs that this is what will happen. This is because Mowbray is loyal to a fault. Mowbray keeps picking the same failing players and even now won’t bring in fresh legs. It’s not a huge stretch to think that the coaching team are still doing the same things with them on training.

I’m not convinced that we need to make huge changes in structure but we do need to break the status quo. If the coaching team remains the same over the Summer then we will have the same results from them.

Personally, I think Mowbray will walk before replacing his two right hand men. Trouble is at Venky’s Rovers there is no need to walk.

1 minute ago, gumboots said:

It can be as logical as you like but that's precisely why that won't happen. Why would our owners suddenly find logic to handle our club when they never have so far?

I would hope that having lost £150 million so far and facing the prospect of losing much more to come that eventually they would be motivated to do something. The fact they don't as they keep it going every year suggests they aren't that bothered about it.

11 hours ago, Vinjay17 said:

Considering Ipswich Town's victory at Bolton Wanderers it will be interesting to see what happens in the Ewood fixture with Bolton soon. Don't think a victory would say an awful lot but a defeat sure as hell would. I doubt Bolton are going to win each of their games between then and now.

Bolton have Boro at home on Tuesday and Derby away on Saturday. They could be coming to Ewood already relegated. The big questions is, will we have suffered another two defeats by then. I don't fancy us at Forest on Saturday and Derby at home could go either way.

Mowbray did his job well taking us up i'm grateful for that and I've always liked the bloke for the way he comes across although like most managers when they start to lose the plot he's seriously beginning to grate.  I will say though if in the unlikely (?) event he takes us into a last ditch relegation battle or worse he should be suspended by his under carriage from the Wainwright Bridge until he confesses he has Steve Keans mobile on speed dial for advice because it would be a cock up of such epic proportions there'd be no reasonable explanation.

• Like 2

Just now, tomphil said:

Mowbray did his job well taking us up i'm grateful for that and I've always liked the bloke for the way he comes across although like most managers when they start to lose the plot he's seriously beginning to grate.  I will say though if in the unlikely (?) event he takes us into a last ditch relegation battle or worse he should be suspended by his under carriage from the Wainwright Bridge until he confesses he has Steve Keans mobile on speed dial for advice because it would be a cock up of such epic proportions there'd be no reasonable explanation.

No that I want us to, but I think we could lose all of our remaining games and still not go down. Ipswich and Bolton are already gone and I can't see Rotherham, getting 48 points from where they are. 

Just now, lraC said:

No that I want us to, but I think we could lose all of our remaining games and still not go down. Ipswich and Bolton are already gone and I can't see Rotherham, getting 48 points from where they are. 

Shocking we'd have to rely on that scenario though.

I think seeing as we'll come across some others who are on the beach like our lot we'll find at least a win and a draw from somewhere.  Wonder if it'll be a tenner a ticket and 20k on Ewood last home game celebrating this wonderful season ?

There's enough going on about settling for just staying up so will they turn up ????

38 minutes ago, lraC said:

Rotherham bet Forrest at the weekend, so I wouldn't put it past them.

I have a feeling we are going to drop right into this and end up relying on others doing us favors 

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Rotherham bet Forrest at the weekend, so I wouldn't put it past them.

I have a feeling we are going to drop right into this and end up relying on others doing us favors 

We've got one slot to avoid as Bolton and Ipswich are doomed and will not catch us from here.

There are 6 clubs from 3rd bottom upwards below us, including Birmingham who have been docked 9 points, QPR who are in as bad a run as we are, and Rotherham who have found wins very hard to come by.

If we get sucked any closer to the bottom 3 than we are currently then I am going to start to panic.

Reading/Rotherham turned us over recently, Millwall have just beat West Brom.

Some people had the deckchairs out enjoying 'consolidation' in February seemingly unaware that safety hadn't been secured and that when you get into this stage of the season teams will fight for their lives and pull wins out of the bag.

I suppose now is the time to wonder what might have been had Mowbray gone to Reading and played his best team, or if the team had shown some backbone after equalising v Reading and Rotherham rather than collapsing straight after.

• Like 2

Just now, JHRover said:

We've got one slot to avoid as Bolton and Ipswich are doomed and will not catch us from here.

There are 6 clubs from 3rd bottom upwards below us, including Birmingham who have been docked 9 points, QPR who are in as bad a run as we are, and Rotherham who have found wins very hard to come by.

If we get sucked any closer to the bottom 3 than we are currently then I am going to start to panic.

Reading/Rotherham turned us over recently, Millwall have just beat West Brom.

Some people had the deckchairs out enjoying 'consolidation' in February seemingly unaware that safety hadn't been secured and that when you get into this stage of the season teams will fight for their lives and pull wins out of the bag.

I suppose now is the time to wonder what might have been had Mowbray gone to Reading and played his best team, or if the team had shown some backbone after equalising v Reading and Rotherham rather than collapsing straight after.

Ya, all true and if ever there was a bunch of players I wouldn't bet on to "fight for their lives", it's this bunch 

Hopefully we scrounge 4 points from somewhere, fast.

Where that would leave us is, quite amazingly, with less points than the Coyle season and more goals conceded. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 3

On the basis that the bookies never get it wrong, here are the latest relegation odds, taken from the Sky bet website. Rotherham 4/5, Reading 9/4, Wigan 7/1, Millwall 10/1, Birmingham 40/1, QPR, 40/1 and Rovers 500/1. For anyone really worried, £50 on that should settle the nerves.