BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Barrie Hole

Very sad news.

A favourite player of mine and the fans 'give us a go....al, give us a go....al, Barrie Hole, Barrie Hole'

An attacking midfield player with a real eye for goal - think he averaged about 1 goal in 5 games for Rovers.

Like Stonesrick, remember that 5-3 win at Deepdale with fondness and Barrie had a blinder that day.

RIP Barrie.

• Like 1

Very sad news indeed coming on back of the loss of Mike Harrison, Fred Pickering and Kit Napier.

Barrie was a real favourite of mine and a wonderfully skilful midfield player who used to ghost into the penalty area to score goals.  As others have said there are so many wonderful memories of Barrie but that game at Deepdale is one of those games that will always stick in the memory bank.

RIP Barrie.

Yes Parson, a player who lasted in the memory. He could be the match winner. 

Like most, I too remember the screamer he scored at Deepdale. A classy midfielder, a popular player. Very sad to hear this news.

A very elegant and constructive midfield player who could always pop up with a goal or two. Somebody once called him " A poor man's Martin Peters " which give you an idea of his style of play. He'd walk into the current team, he's just what we are short of. I remember him having a wonderful game against Middlesboro in a League Cup tie at Ewood. He got 2 goals that night. Thanks for the memories Barrie.

16 hours ago, Stonesrick said:

RIP Barrie - lovely left footed midfielder. Never forget his thunderbolt v PNE at Deepdale in  a 5-3 win in the late 60’s

Me neither, it was my first away game, Barry Hole, Barry Hole, Give us a goal, Barry Hole.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Missed this thread. A belated RIP to one of my favourite players when I was a lad. Lovely left foot, like a magic wand. I agree with those who say a minute's applause for former players are overdone, but match programmes should record the death of players like Barrie Hole. The programme editor should have an archivist or club historian to help with such matters. 

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Missed this thread. A belated RIP to one of my favourite players when I was a lad. Lovely left foot, like a magic wand. I agree with those who say a minute's applause for former players are overdone, but match programmes should record the death of players like Barrie Hole. The programme editor should have an archivist or club historian to help with such matters. 

The programme editor cannot or will not re-organise the Rovers' "Honours" list to show the correct honours despite being notified of a mistake twice by me.