BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers vs Stoke City, 06/04/18, Ewood Park, 3pm Kick Off.

1 minute ago, Fraserkirky said:

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Rodwell Bell

Travis

------------Dack Rothwell----------

Brereton------------------Armstrong 

-----------------Graham

The new formation

Jesus that would be suicide with our back four and keeper

• Backroom

There’s 3 lineups posted on here I really like the look of.

Sadly with Tony clinging onto the famous 2-1 loss at Villa as a good result I fully expect at 2pm to be miffed that Bennett and Conway are starting and the likes of Rothwell are out and Chapman and co not in the squad

Maybe starting with the favs and older heads in the usual sit off, contain mould and hope to keep it 0-0 or pinch one before getting some attacking threat on in the 2nd half and looking to open them up.

or

Get a vibrant young team out and get at them in a pressing game like v Hull and hope to get a few goals before tightening it up later in the second half.

Not just the caught between the two plod which will see us edge possession by passing across the back all day but see us get undone by a couple of set pieces/defensive lapses.

I'd go:

Raya

Nyambe    Lenihan  Rodwell    Bell

Travis       Reed

Chapman        Dack           Rothwell

Graham

i,d have Brereton, Butterworth, Davenport and Buckley on the bench too.

• Like 2

• Backroom
40 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Can we score? Can Stoke score? Can we even defend? So much needs answering - it promises to be a fascinating(?!) battle.

0-0 HT at Ewood is always a good bet. 

A team which haven't scored in 4 and are mid-table with nothing to play for. Really should be looking and expecting to win this one. 

That said, I'd imagine a draw. I'd also expect them to break their scoring duck, but given we're normally good for a goal and they aren't prolific then a draw is probably on the cards. 

Incidentally having seen our run in, it would be criminal not to get at the very, very least a further 6 points. I'd imagine a win vs Bolton, then draws vs Stoke, QPR and Swansea, although all 3 of those games are pretty winnable. I think 6 is the bare minimum we should get and any less than this is a huge failure. 

The only thing I agree with Tony on recently, is the phasing out of Harrison Reed. It’s patently obvious our approach concerning a permanent deal were rebuffed in January. He won’t be here next year.

So can someone please explain what we get from playing Reed instead of a Buckley or a Mols? Do we really need to watch a player who isn’t ours anymore at this stage??

Edited by Fraserkirky

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17551818.rothwell-ahead-of-chapman-in-rovers-pecking-order-mowbray/

More nonsense. Why can you only play on or the other? The more experienced players he speaks of are sh*te. If he's not reliant on his signings to win him games when his current crop of crap aren't winning games then what's the point? If Chapman is behind Rothwell who doesn't play than just speaks volumes about picking players like Bennett or Conway and his intentions going forwards. I don't know what the plan is going forwards with TM but it certainly doesn't appear to be playing to our strengths. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

The only thing I agree with Tony on recently, is the phasing out of Harrison Reed. It’s patently obvious our approach concerning a permanent deal were rebuffed in January. He won’t be here next year.

So can someone please explain what we get from playing Reed instead of a Buckley or a Mols? Do we really need to watch a player who isn’t ours anymore at this stage??

No, not when there is nothing to play for.

Mols isn’t a Reed replacement thought. Buckley or Butterworth for me. Unless you are looking for an out-and-out winger - but I’d be surprised if Mowbray was.

4 hours ago, Stuart said:

No, not when there is nothing to play for.

Mols isn’t a Reed replacement thought. Buckley or Butterworth for me. Unless you are looking for an out-and-out winger - but I’d be surprised if Mowbray was.

Well Blackburn Ends teamsheet had Reed in CM, and I suggested two of our CM prospects as potential replacements.

What exactly are we playing for? Rotherham have no chance of getting 12 more points than us, have you seen their fixture list, it’s a who’s who list of playoff fighting teams. Good luck with that.

Developing the younger guys and trying to see who fits where is the priority now.

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

Well Blackburn Ends teamsheet had Reed in CM, and I suggested two of our CM prospects as potential replacements.

What exactly are we playing for? Rotherham have no chance of getting 12 more points than us, have you seen their fixture list, it’s a who’s who list of playoff fighting teams. Good luck with that.

Developing the younger guys and trying to see who fits where is the priority now.

It's not worth the risk. It's unlikely they will pass us, but if we lose our next 2 and they manage to get 4-6 points, I could picture us completely capitulating. 

Get mathematically safe, then experiment. 

19 hours ago, barry_ said:

Stoke away was a good day. 

We could do with some cheer to stave off the 'going nowhere' mediocrity that we find ourselves in. 

Rovers 3 2 Stoke

Ipswich were a play off chasing club not so long back. They would pray for such going nowhere. Does anyone truly believe that pushing for a play off place and getting promotion would have been a good thing?

I am not saying that I am happy with this run of results or even some of the line ups. I am happy with consolidating and blooding some youngsters before season end.

Dack will go and we will rebuild. And hopefully we will go back to our usual colors. 

Just now, bigbrandjohn said:

Ipswich were a play off chasing club not so long back. They would pray for such going nowhere. Does anyone truly believe that pushing for a play off place and getting promotion would have been a good thing?

I am not saying that I am happy with this run of results or even some of the line ups. I am happy with consolidating and blooding some youngsters before season end.

Dack will go and we will rebuild. And hopefully we will go back to our usual colors. 

Yes

• Like 2