BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers vs Stoke City, 06/04/18, Ewood Park, 3pm Kick Off.

Just now, Stuart said:

Several players seem to have got worse in the second half of this season.

Armstrong is bang out of form. Bennett looks a shadow of his former self and lacking energy. Evans is poor, Smallwood lacks teeth. Mulgrew looks about 50yo, Nyambe was beaten every time in the first half today. Graham is still Graham but while being the target for everything he has so little support.

They look so low on confidence. A change is needed.

They really do look that way.  They look unfit too.

Just now, Stuart said:

Several players seem to have got worse in the second half of this season.

Armstrong is bang out of form. Bennett looks a shadow of his former self and lacking energy. Evans is poor, Smallwood lacks teeth. Mulgrew looks about 50yo, Nyambe was beaten every time in the first half today. Graham is still Graham but while being the target for everything he has so little support.

They look so low on confidence. A change is needed.

The only players I would really bee keen to keep are Travis, Rothwell, Chapman, Nyambe, Graham, Dack, Raya & Lenihan. The rest I feel arnt good enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AAK said:

To be honest, Stuart, comments like that i wouldnt give the time of day mate. Once upon a time id give people the benefit of them still getting used to venky life, but now, fuck them, fuck them right off. If we are running a club with that attitude they can all get fucked as far as im concerned. Im absolutley sick of incompetent wankers.

We’ve only ever had incompetent wankers since they’ve come in.

The only two we’ve even had flashes of universal praise for are the two that seem like genuine blokes.

We are still very much a Venky run club and don’t ever forget it.

• Like 2

My team for the remainder of the season would be..

Raya 

Nyambe Lenihan Magloire Bell (or anyone in the u23s)

Chapman Travis Reed Rothwell

Graham Armstrong (playing off the shoulder of Graham)

Current state of play is embarrassing and we need a fundamental change.. play players in their proper positions Tony..

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

We’ve only ever had incompetent wankers since they’ve come in.

The only two we’ve even had flashes of universal praise for are the two that seem like genuine blokes.

We are still very much a Venky run club and don’t ever forget it.

Oh i wont pal believe me.

• Like 1

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Did Rothwell actually do anything of note today or was he running around a lot without much effect?

He didn't play Badly but yet didn't stand out as much as he has. Still has a positive impact when running with the ball and IMO is a must start. Not the full package and feel he will only get better the more he plays. The lad needs a goal under his belt!!

Edited by BankEnd Rover

2 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I think he’s also quite lazy and greedy. Might be better more central, but I don’t think so.

I think he’s a got some cracking finishes in him when he’s on song.

Wasn’t he playing his way back into the team at the start of January? That kind of desire is what he needs.

But he also needs to know that in this squad if Dacky isn’t playing, and Rothwell is wide, that HE is playing off DG.

Not fucking Elliott Bennett...

I loved Benno more than most last year, player of the season. But number 10? No. Just no. He takes about five touches to do anything and then it’s crap when he’s in a forward position. That is the worst crossing I’ve seen in ages.

He’s should be a backup RB.

Did Rothwell actually do anything of note today or was he running around a lot without much effect?

Pretty much.

Hes a fantastic impact sub. He offers running and directness. It waned after about 20mins as no one else was bloody moving around him, he got sloppy, and he probably should’ve closed the ball down for their goal.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DE. said:

He's also quite a poor finisher. If he wasn't he'd be near Graham as top scorer, but he doesn't take many of his chances. You get what you pay for though.

A bit harsh. He's not the best footballer but I think he's quality in front of goal and should be playing up front with a partner. He's a lazy shite at times but he's not a winger so it must be soul destroying playing out wide all the time. Whether he's a good or average Championship striker remains to be seen. 

I think he’s a got some cracking finishes in him when he’s on song.

Wasn’t he playing his way back into the team at the start of January? That kind of desire is what he needs.

But he also needs to know that in this squad if Dacky isn’t playing, and Rothwell is wide, that HE is playing off DG.

Not fucking Elliott Bennett...

I loved Benno more than most last year, player of the season. But number 10? No. Just no. He takes about five touches to do anything and then it’s crap when he’s in a forward position. That is the worst crossing I’ve seen in ages.

He’s should be a backup RB.

Pretty much.

Hes a fantastic impact sub. He offers running and directness. It waned after about 20mins as no one else was bloody moving around him, he got sloppy, and he probably should’ve closed the ball down for their goal.

I agree with what your saying. Players can only play with what's around them. Armstong I feel shines when the likes of Rothwell is in the centre. Would like to see Rothwell in number 10 role for a full game with Armstrong outside.

• Like 1

A bit harsh. He's not the best footballer but I think he's quality in front of goal and should be playing up front with a partner. He's a lazy shite at times but he's not a winger so it must be soul destroying playing out wide all the time. Whether he's a good or average Championship striker remains to be seen. 

I’d say competent to good.

But he needs to be up top to do anything of note, or playing with an effective no10/no 8 that can pass the ball into his path.

He didn’t have that today in Bennett/Evans.

Edited by S8 & Blue

I’d say competent to good.

But he needs to be up top to do anything of note, or playing with an effective no10/no 8 that can pass the ball into his path.

He didn’t have that today in Bennett/Evans.

Again why Rothwell didn't have the best game today. Smallwood, Evans & Bennett should be nowhere near that starting 11!

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

Again why Rothwell didn't have the best game today. Smallwood, Evans & Bennett should be nowhere near that starting 11!

I’d say he got enough of the ball to do something with it. But he faded badly. Maybe match fitness but that direct running is incredibly effective off the bench, but easily managed when you’ve worked out where to position defenders down the blind alleys.

Surely others saw why I agree with Mowbray about his defensive nous too? Rothwell is a 10 in this system, but needs someone with ability to play off.

4-3-3 with Dack in the middle and he’ll shine.

Edited by S8 & Blue

That's a major problem with our team and why we score so few at home from open play. Beyond the hoof to Graham/Dack/Mulgrew set-pieces there's nothing in the way of creativity. The coaching at Ewood is frankly appalling.

Rothwell needs a good coach to work with him. 

• Backroom

How many times do you hear Armstrong "nearly scored" though? 4 goals from a forward player isn't great. As I said, he's young so I'm not expecting the finished article, but I do think he misses a lot of chances which at the very least should be on target. The bar/post counts as off target. I don't want to be too harsh on Armstrong as he's far from our biggest issue but I do think if he was more clinical in front of goal we'd have a few more points this season.

One thing I will note, however, is that Armstrong has represented far better value for money at £1.75m than a certain other young striker at £7m...

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

He didn't play Badly but yet didn't stand out as much as he has. Still has a positive impact when running with the ball and IMO is a must start. Not the full package and feel he will only get better the more he plays. The lad needs a goal under his belt!!

He was at the heart of everything good we did today. He was also one of the first players racing back to halt their wingers forays forward.

• Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

How many times do you hear Armstrong "nearly scored" though? 4 goals from a forward player isn't great. As I said, he's young so I'm not expecting the finished article, but I do think he misses a lot of chances which at the very least should be on target. The bar/post counts as off target. I don't want to be too harsh on Armstrong as he's far from our biggest issue but I do think if he was more clinical in front of goal we'd have a few more points this season.

One thing I will note, however, is that Armstrong has represented far better value for money at £1.75m than a certain other young striker at £7m...

I’d say most of the chances he’s had that were “unlucky” or produced saves were all of his own making off the right.

Not many number 9s anymore that are four foot tall. 

Neither of our ways of playing currently suits him, but he’s a good little player. Should play off Graham.

Edited by S8 & Blue

• Backroom

I’d say most of the chances he’s had that were “unlucky” or produced saves were all of his own making off the right.

Not many number 9s anymore that are four foot tall. 

Neither of our ways of playing currently suits him, but he’s a good little player. Should play off Graham.

Unfortunately Mowbray has a habit of stockpiling players who should play off Graham but inevitably end up playing out wide or not at all, because that is Dack's position. I noticed that Palmer scored for Bristol City today...

• Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

Unfortunately Mowbray has a habit of stockpiling players who should play off Graham but inevitably end up playing out wide or not at all, because that is Dack's position. I noticed that Palmer scored for Bristol City today...

Meh, there’s a million Kasey Palmers. I’d as soon as have Jack Payne.

(another one)

Edited by S8 & Blue

Just now, DE. said:

That's got a lot to do with where he plays. I've not seen his chance today but he's rarely played in on goal. When he has been played in,  like his goal against Wigan last season at home and the goal this season when he cut inside at the DE and rolled it in the corner,  he finishes brilliantly. Unfortunately Mowbray has built a team that does nothing but hoof it up front. AA needs to play on the shoulder of the last man with some players behind him who can pass the ball. When he does he'll hopefully look a different player. 

Agree about the joke that is the BB deal. 

Just now, Stuart said:

He was at the heart of everything good we did today. He was also one of the first players racing back to halt their wingers forays forward.

I'm a big fan of Joe and will be the first one of my feet when he scores. Like someone said he needs talent next to him so he can bounce off them. There was no nonevent at all for him today so why I thought he didn't have his better games. He needs more game time and a new coach looking after him. Most opposition fans have all said they rate him. Hence why I think he will soon be snapped up from the bigger boys in the league. He deserves better than Mowbray!