BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers vs Stoke City, 06/04/18, Ewood Park, 3pm Kick Off.

14 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Corry Evans was briefly sensational when he first joined the Club but after getting injured on international duty shortly thereafter he has been absolutely chronic

I must’ve still been in the queue on the concourse.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Jesus Christ!

My reaction entirely whenever I watch him. 

Time to stop being so soft on some of these underperforming players, they haven't been "good servants" at all on the whole, they've been instrumental in years of mediocrity/failure punctuated by one decent season in a League we should arguably never have been in in the first place.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

My reaction entirely whenever I watch him. 

Time to stop being so soft on some of these underperforming players, they haven't been "good servants" at all on the whole, they've been instrumental in years of mediocrity/failure punctuated by one decent season in a League we should arguably never have been in in the first place.

Bennett was atrocious yesterday.

But he was my player of the season last year. 

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Bennett was atrocious yesterday.

But he was my player of the season last year. 

I dont have a clue how.

He was absolutely shocking in the first half of the season, no goals and very few assists as he played very ineffectively out wide (very limited striker Marcus Antonsson was far better than him on the other side) before he moved into central midfield for a bit and was impressive v Shrewsbury but ultimately the effectiveness of his partnership with Smallwood waned and he moved to right back to cover the (if I recall correctly) injured Nyambe, with Evans proving more effective in central midfield following that change.

I get that he was full of passion, effort etc, but work rate wasnt a problem throughout the whole team, so that doesnt mean he stands out.

Dack and Mulgrew were far, far better than Bennett, not to mention a few others.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not remember the 30 yarder he scored?

You sure you’re not thinking of the actual Jason Lowe?

Btw, Bennett isn’t great at this level but he’s no Jason Lowe. Smh.

• Like 1

That’s looking more and more foolish a marketing angle the longer the second half of the season goes on.

Did the players pull their fingers out in January because they thought they might be replaced? Because as soon as they no longer could be the wheels very quickly fell off.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17556246.how-the-rovers-players-rated-in-stoke-city-defeat/

Actual quote from the article-talk about a Freudian slip 

Corry Evans 5

Restored to the side after injury, but needed to play with a little more injury. Played higher up the pitch in the second half, but too many stray passes

• Backroom

I thought Brereton looked quite desperate not to get the ball at times, a couple of times he ambled outside the box rather than busting to get in it 

• Backroom
20 minutes ago, SydneyRover92 said:

Mulgrew - how is this guy our Captain? After the first goal it was hands on hips and zero talk. My missus doesn't watch any football but when I pointed out Mulgrew was our captain she was shocked. She remarked something like 'Why isn't he trying to pick up the team? Or encouraging them? Or ripping into them? Or saying ... anything? Why isn't anyone saying anything!?'. 

I've commented on this before - Mulgrew's body language after goals are conceded is absolutely pathetic. Same for the rest of the team, but he's supposed to be our captain. Instead he walks off, hands on hips, looking like a teenager who's just been told the WiFi isn't working. Not captain material and needs to be gone in the summer if possible. He's run his course here. His set-pieces are obviously going to be missed but we shouldn't be relying so heavily on them anyway. Plus an analysis I did a little while back shows we rarely actually win when Mulgrew scores.

• Like 6

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

We just don't have enough winners in the team. Mulgrew aside, how many of them have ever won anything? We are a team of journeymen. You can't just expect them to turn into winners. We need experience and player who are winners in the summer 

There's a reason why they haven't won anything.

53 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17556246.how-the-rovers-players-rated-in-stoke-city-defeat/

Actual quote from the article-talk about a Freudian slip 

Corry Evans 5

Restored to the side after injury, but needed to play with a little more injury. Played higher up the pitch in the second half, but too many stray passes

The LT and also the Rovers website are noted for their lack of journalistic skills never mind checking for Freudian slips. I doubt they check and edit at all.